• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:57:18 PM

Oliver's Mount

Started by Grooveski, February 06, 2015, 06:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

I had noticed the road that runs in front of the scoreboard and track gate in the photos but i did not realize how you got to it through the pit lanes.

Grooveski

Testrun 4 with the previous list of changes made.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lgouxbag1rw1i9f/Olivers_Mount_testrun4.rar?dl=0

Also leveled the dip on Sheenes rise a little more.

nuovaic

Well, I just had to have a look at this! Exciting stuff Grooveski!

First thing that hits you square on the forehead is the track width. It looks too narrow, even though after a rough check it's actually right. Must be the fact there is nothing else to see yet, makes it feel like a footpath in the sky. And after a few laps it actually becomes just right.
Going back to when I actually had a bike, I had no problem getting round the hairpins, but in GP bikes it's a little more difficult, the slow speed at the mere hairpin and mountside hairpin means the bike is on the verge of transition to counter steer and is therefore unstable and the front wheel wobbles. There doesn't seem to be much grip also, front folds on 3 bikes I have tried so far at these points, even at around half lean. If I could get enough grip and get some laps in, maybe some things will stand out. But for now it's not that easy.

Track accuracy wise, it looks and feels very good, to the point where I wonder if you are being a bit too picky? I doubt you will get all the existing bumps, cambers and undulations perfect, but the actual layout is spot on. The back straight is something I remember well, having had a real wobble and near crash some time back. I got a wobble at the same spot! Spooky.
Yes, the (real) turn after Memorial is quite wide, with some run off built in.
The jump and wheelie rise seem pretty good, I wouldn't change it yet, we need to check with all bikes first.

Otherwise, excellent work! I will keep testing when I get time..

Grooveski

It's a track for the 'unplayable' pile for sure :(.  I have problems at most standstill hairpins but here it's 50/50 or less that I'll make it round either of those two.
...and even when I do it's a wobbly awkward mess(just like any time I have to manouver in pitlanes).

They were no bother in the earlier GP500 test.  I mean they were tight and at that point weren't the right shape, but you didn't just wobble and fall over. 
Just gotta hope low speed stability is on the hitlist for an upcoming beta.

Sounds like a thumbs up for the model - nice to hear.   :D

May be getting close to OCD but I'm not quite there yet(hmm, that sounds like something somone with OCD might say :P ).

Are a few bits I'm still not happy with:
The dip on the rise ends little abruptly(first bit looks ok now).
The whole run along from Memorial to Drury's needs to be angled down slightly more so the entry to Drury's is a bit flatter.
The dip on the drop down to Mountside is still too deep.

Apart from that it looks about ready to roll to me too.   :)

Grooveski

Made the last of the changes and exported a couple of versions, one for the verge and one for the road.

Remapped the road and added the camber.

Ta-da!  The final road model.  Happy days!    ;D

...or not.  Between the hairpin problems and Piboso's comment just there:
Quote from: PiBoSo on May 19, 2016, 10:08:57 PM
It really doesn't make much sense to create road circuits ( like the TT or Oliver's Mount ) for GPB now, since they are in progress for TTB, with a never-before-seen level of detail.
...totaly demoralised is the mood of the moment instead.    ::)

Anyhow, guess I can start piecing all the bits together now. :-\

Blackheart

May 19, 2016, 11:14:58 PM #110 Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 11:16:44 PM by Blackheart
Quote from: Grooveski on May 19, 2016, 11:01:15 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on May 19, 2016, 10:08:57 PM
It really doesn't make much sense to create road circuits ( like the TT or Oliver's Mount ) for GPB now, since they are in progress for TTB, with a never-before-seen level of detail.
...totaly demoralised is the mood of the moment instead.    ::)

Anyhow, guess I can start piecing all the bits together now. :-\

Piboso just want sell the "new" sim... Instead we want these new tracks!  8)

And TTB will probably be released in 2020 ...

Grooveski

So far along it'd be daft not to put it together now.   ;)

BOBR6 84

Yeah still well worth completing Grooveski..  8)

I did some laps, struggled in the same places but to he honest when all the scenery and furniture moves in it will be easier to ride i reckon.. I just wobbled around, careful not to go off tack. With some rhythm the hairpins should be ok.

A smokey 2stroke 250cc will be cool on here aswel as the 600's!

Nice one!

Ps. Not sure what TTB means for GPB..? I guess it means the end.. If so, then nothing stopping people from creating mods still, right??

Blackheart

As said Grooveski people lose enthusiasm. Create mod takes a long time. If gpb no longer be updated (as is happening now) no one will want to create new contents.  :-\

BOBR6 84

Not always though.. Look at all the content for GP500  8)

Guess it depends how good TTB turns out to be too.. Does sound good so far..  8)

doubledragoncc

I will only be able to ride this garden path track on the S80, can someone make a fizzy for me to use lol.

Its great work G, dont be put off mate. In first person it is gonna be hard for me but will try it.

DD dies at The Mount is my final video title lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Grooveski

Assembly plodding along slowly but surely.  Land merged with the track, sideroads and kerbs added.

Working round it adding some addition verge detail(field gates and the likes) and giving the land model the odd tweak.  It was pretty close but there were a few bits that didn't quite match up.
...like along the back of the pits here.

Next step is to chop up some of the land for either adding to the selection for a repeating grass texture(some hillside bits and the football fields) or reskinning with a higher res image(the bottom fields).
...then fences - lots of fences.   :)

grimm

I've been watching this track thread from the start and I'm always hoping a release of some sort would happen. But alas, it is always progress that delves deep into the process! I'm always astonished at how much is going into this track being a proper representation of the real thing. And being a public road hooligan, but never having traveled abroad to see the IRR in action in person (sadly only through youtube video's, but I began keeping up with it years ago as video is uploaded after the races) but playing TT Superbikes and learning the courses has given me an incredible respect for people that develop anything related to IRR or IOM in GP Bikes. Ulster and NorthWest were a great addition but never seemed to get to the complete point that would have really made them amazing. I sure hope you don't lose your go power here and give up due to something Piboso said in passing on the forum. I am just one of MANY that don't reply but are eagerly awaiting this track, patiently checking the updates and hoping for something incredible to be posted by you.

Just putting it out there that this track is eagerly awaited and it is something I really want to see in GP Bikes as much as anything else. TTB, when it happens, will be neat, but until then, just like waiting for a Supermoto in MX Bikes, we need a filler for this gap in time. :D

Vini

can somebody explain to me the point of TTB?
is the only difference that it allows very long tracks?

doubledragoncc

TTB will not just be for longer tracks but the graphics will be far better and basically a totally new sim from GPB physically.

We are all waiting on more news from the big guy lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.