• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 07:50:12 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

RIDE - Gameplay

Started by rodney007, February 14, 2015, 07:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney007

The more I watch the more I see it has potential. I am looking forward to the street courses and hopefully making some mods/bikes for this game.

Until this game (GPbikes) gets sorted out which will likely take 10 years at the rate things are going at now. Games like "Ride" will be few and far between and we should
keep an open mind about how it will actually be like and the modding potential.

h106frp

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 16, 2015, 12:35:04 AM

P.S.
I started on vic-20 (3KB ram), after my uncle amazed me with a home made chess player with 7 segments display.
When I look at what an half-decent amateur developper can do today in 2 hours, I'm just amazed.

After the schools beeb micros and RML my first machine at home was Spectrum 48k , spent hours prodding the squidgy rubber keys with ZX basic and my fingers were never the same after trying to run the 4000m in Daleys decathalon ;D. First 'real' computer was a donated newbrain (about the size of an oven :o) and i learned Pascal on that. Totally spoiled these days - maybe thats the problem for modern game programming, you can get away with being 'lazy'

HornetMaX

Quote from: rodney007 on February 16, 2015, 12:58:36 AM
The more I watch the more I see it has potential. I am looking forward to the street courses and hopefully making some mods/bikes for this game.
Modding in RIDE ? Has anybody mentioned this officially ?
I can't remember any modding support in MotoGP 14 (but tbh I don't follow this stuff closely).

Quote from: h106frp on February 16, 2015, 01:09:25 AM
After the schools beeb micros and RML my first machine at home was Spectrum 48k
I was drooling over these 48K beasts :)

Quote from: h106frp on February 16, 2015, 01:09:25 AM
First 'real' computer was a donated newbrain (about the size of an oven :o) and i learned Pascal on that.
Incidentally, me too I started coding with Pascal (apart the vic-20 basic).
I'm a bit ashamed about it now, but when I was at high-school I actually purchased a Pascal compiler with my own money: you should have seen the face of the guy at at the shop when I told him I was there to buy it ... can't be 100% sure, but the price translated to today's value would be something in the 300-600Euros.

To add a bit of extra shame, the product was called Borland Turbo Pascal 5.0 ( ::) ).  Quite nice though: fully integrated IDE with debugger and profiler. All ASCII of course, no graphics. DOS FTW !

MaX.

h106frp

Quote from: rodney007 on February 16, 2015, 12:58:36 AM

Until this game (GPbikes) gets sorted out which will likely take 10 years at the rate things are going at now. Games like "Ride" will be few and far between and we should
keep an open mind about how it will actually be like and the modding potential.

Almost certainly will not happen, add-ons/premium content are now the cash flow basis for a lot of new games and the publisher will want to control this business. The only real way it might work is some sort of 'store' model where third party mod revenues might be divided between author and publisher.

@MaX, wonder how many would appreciate DOS now, it did have many virtues, low overhead, full low level system access etc, but needed time spent with config.sys (that 640k barrier  ???) and autoexec.bat trying to configure your entire OS just to run one game - boot disk anyone  ;D

Docfumi

February 17, 2015, 08:53:23 PM #34 Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 09:08:06 PM by docfumi
I hope this game is good, but my heart tells me it will be another bad attempt from Milestone at a motorcycle game for kids and guys who sit at home and want to bounce off guard rails at full speed and talk trash online about unrealistic lap times and that is why I have no real interest. The game looks good but I would rather have an Open World Motorcycle game in the style of TEST DRIVE UNLIMITED were you can race or just ride around a huge map with friends. I am getting a bit bored of rolling in circles.   :o
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

doubledragoncc

Someone said VIC-20 and Amstrad.........................I'm not the only old fart...............YEAH I feel 25 again WOOOHOOOOOOOOO

Sorry needed that. I hope for all who get "The Ride" enjoy it, I would never wish a bad experience on anyone, I just feel that Milestone has let the real biking community and the real racers from MotoGP down. Car games are getting so real why cant bike games run in the same league? I think a lot is because there is no real controller for the everyday joe to use and thats why I am trying to make one that most can afford. I really think more would play bike games and sims if they did not have to use a pad. I cant use one to save my life!!!. A bike needs so much more controlling than a car, you run out of fingers and thats why many games dont have clutch useability. I think its hard for anyone to control bikes in any game or sim as they really want to and it makes it hard to enjoy when it is complicated. I think the ride will be okay for what it is, a game and programmed for a game pad, nothing more. I dont think things will change with the gaming physics for the mass produced games until the programmers have a controller to program for!!! Its a vicious circle right now. I hope I find a way to really change it.

Thanks grT for the heads up on the demo mode, it would explain a lot. Maybe I wont hang the game yet then lol.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

BOBR6 84

I think thats exactly it DD..

So many car games and steering rigs these days.. Bike games have been left behind!

Motogp 1 or 2 on original xbox had over 200,000 players!!!  :o and them games were really arcade.. Nothing really progressed..

Il play RIDE with a group of people iv been racing online with for years now.. Its just a ''craic'' :)

Gpbikes is still what I want to see come through but its a very slow WIP project.. Its nice to play a ''complete'' game now and again..

davidboda46

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on February 18, 2015, 10:40:48 AM
Gpbikes is still what I want to see come through but its a very slow WIP project.. Its nice to play a ''complete'' game now and again..

Well MotoGP 14 on pc is still anything but a complete game. Let's put it this way, if you can't even exit the game without the task manager, there are some serious issues. And Milestone has patched it, but the problems persist. And customer service is non existent. Same kind of problems with MXGP.

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

matty0l215

Quote from: davidboda46 on February 18, 2015, 07:04:23 PM

Well MotoGP 14 on pc is still anything but a complete game. Let's put it this way, if you can't even exit the game without the task manager, there are some serious issues. And Milestone has patched it, but the problems persist. And customer service is non existent. Same kind of problems with MXGP.

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

I don't have a problem of exiting GP 14 on pc, but it wont save my controller settings :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

BOBR6 84

yeah milestone suck lol leaderboards are screwed too  ::)

davidboda46

Quote from: matty0l215 on February 18, 2015, 07:17:20 PM
Quote from: davidboda46 on February 18, 2015, 07:04:23 PM

I don't have a problem of exiting GP 14 on pc, but it wont save my controller settings :P

Have you tired playing career mode and then try to exit the game? And if you want to save your controller settings I think the trick is to enter the game with "enter" and not with your controller... Nor sure, was a long time since I played it but I remember googleing something like that...

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

matty0l215

Quote from: davidboda46 on February 19, 2015, 02:13:40 AM

Have you tired playing career mode and then try to exit the game? And if you want to save your controller settings I think the trick is to enter the game with "enter" and not with your controller... Nor sure, was a long time since I played it but I remember googleing something like that...

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

Thanks I'll try that :)

girlracerTracey

February 19, 2015, 03:10:08 PM #42 Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 03:19:47 PM by girlracerTracey
Beware fellow travelers in the crazy and surreal world of Milestone racing games..

Do not with bravery a forethought buy a Milestone m/c racing game release on pc. Do so at your doom & peril!  ;D

These titles, motogp14 and I suspect RIDE, are the most basic console to pc ports and should carry a government health warning and a carefully worded disclaimer. Warning you about what you are about to receive..

I have motogp13 and motogp14 on xbox 360, PS4 (as applicable) and on pc. The pc versions are dodgy to say the least. Particularly regarding the stability and reliability of the online environment. In terms of dodgy pc version netcode and unreliable pc servers.

If you really wish to enjoy the "delights" of motogp14 you have to be on xbox or PS4. I have all three versions, being a glutton for punishment, and the console versions are fine (leaderboards notwithstanding!). The Steam/pc version is by contrast not so fine..

Will this change with motogp15 and RIDE? I doubt it.

I think the truth is that for Milestone the pc format is just a tacked-on after-thought.

grT  ;)

matty0l215

For £10 including all DLC i wasn't too bothered when it didnt work :P

doubledragoncc

I get mine free so its no harm to me pocket, but it is still an insult as a biker. If it was that easy to ride when I was a dispatch rider I would have got twice as much jobs done lol.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.