• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.
 

MaxSCL - A tool to edit .scl files (engine sounds)

Started by HornetMaX, February 22, 2015, 01:07:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty0l215

Yup, A .pkz file is simply a re-named .zip rile. And only a .zip file, not a .rar, .7z or any other compressed file.


uberslug

So here's another silly question. Is it just a matter of separating out the tyre files into their own pkz files when taking a 11b bike and making it 12b compatible? I ask because my preferred CBR600RR has not been updated yet and I may want to take a stab at upgrading it to 12b [for my own use, of course].

matty0l215

September 03, 2017, 12:17:40 PM #62 Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 12:56:45 PM by matty0l215
No, it requires a bit more work than that to get to bike work.

If you are reffering to the CBR Cup bike, Speak to Blackheart /  the IMT modders. They own that bike.

The R6 Cup bike however will be ready soon.

Manu

Quote from: matty0l215 on September 03, 2017, 12:17:40 PM
No, it requires a bit more work than that to get to bike work.

If you are reffering to the CBR Cup bike, Speak to Blackheart /  the IMT modders. They own that bike.

The R6 Cup bike however will be ready soon.

Let me correct you. CBR 600 RR and CBR 600 CUP pertain to me.  ;D
It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

matty0l215

September 03, 2017, 12:31:52 PM #64 Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 12:56:36 PM by matty0l215
They are/were BES bikes, But as i said, I belive Blackheart may be able to help you getting them updated.

uberslug

Any idea when the CBRs will be available for 12b?

Manu

September 03, 2017, 12:41:41 PM #66 Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 12:43:59 PM by Manu
Quote from: matty0l215 on September 03, 2017, 12:31:52 PM
They are/were BES bikes, But as i said, I belive Blackheart may be able to help you getting them updated.

BES TEAM WAS FOUNDED BY ME AND NOW DOES NOT EXIST.

Quote from: uberslug on September 03, 2017, 12:33:21 PM
Any idea when the CBRs will be available for 12b?

I'm the owner of the BES TEAM mods that were published, therefore only me can update them to the beta 12. Blackheart can't do anything to help you.

CBR 600 RR and CBR 600 CUP coming soon to beta 12
It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

matty0l215


HornetMaX

Quote from: Manu on September 03, 2017, 12:04:08 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on September 03, 2017, 10:09:18 AM
Quote from: Manu on September 03, 2017, 09:58:22 AM
Hi Max.

The MaxSCL v1.3 try to open the old .cfg tyre file in the same directory of the bike and can't be open the .scl
Hi Manu,
it was like this in the previous version too: you have to have all the needed files in the same folder. These are:

  • the bike's .cfg and all its .engn files
  • the tyre's .cfg and all the .tyre files
  • all the bike's .scl files and .wav files

I'd advise to copy these files to a separate folder and une MaxSCL in that folder. Once done, copy back the .scl (the only thing MaxSCL changes) to the real bike folder.
If MXB beta5 uses the same conventions as GPB beta12 (very likely) and there's no new stuff, I may look into making MaxSCL work directly from GPB folders (bit of a PITA now that we have a separate mods folder, eventually).

But Beta 12 don't work like this.

beta 12:

the bike's .cfg and all its .engn files (same folder as bike)
the tyre's .cfg and all the .tyre files (new tyres folder separate of bike folder) new in beta 12
all the bike's .scl files and .wav files (same folder as bike)

I know beta12 doesn't work like this. What I'm saying is that to use MaxSCL you have to manually put the necessary files in the same folder.
Look at the samlpes that come with MaxSCL (one is your bike :) ): you only put the necessary files in a separate folder to use MaxSCL.
Once you're done with MaxSCL, you copy the .scl file back to the bike folder.

So basically you have one "dummy" folder with all the files MaxSCL needs.

Manu

Understood, but this could be done in the previous version of MaxScl. What's new in v1.3?
It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.


Hawk

Quote from: Blackheart on September 03, 2017, 10:30:56 PM
Quote from: matty0l215 on September 03, 2017, 12:56:26 PM
Sorry Manu, My mistake.

The founder was Jorge.... *facepalm*

I believe Manu was stating that he was the owner of the Team "MODS", not the actual founder of the Team itself. It is the Team "MODS" that Matty was referencing. :P

BIKE SIM EUROPE

Quote from: Manu on September 03, 2017, 12:41:41 PM
Quote from: matty0l215 on September 03, 2017, 12:31:52 PM
They are/were BES bikes, But as i said, I belive Blackheart may be able to help you getting them updated.

BES TEAM WAS FOUNDED BY ME AND NOW DOES NOT EXIST.

Quote from: uberslug on September 03, 2017, 12:33:21 PM
Any idea when the CBRs will be available for 12b?

I'm the owner of the BES TEAM mods that were published, therefore only me can update them to the beta 12. Blackheart can't do anything to help you.

CBR 600 RR and CBR 600 CUP coming soon to beta 12

HI IM HERE! >:(

Manu

September 04, 2017, 10:07:56 AM #73 Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 10:11:13 AM by Manu
Quote from: Blackheart on September 03, 2017, 10:30:56 PM
Quote from: matty0l215 on September 03, 2017, 12:56:26 PM
Sorry Manu, My mistake.

The founder was Jorge.... *facepalm*

You speak without knowledge. The idea to create the bes team was mine. thecrivi28, jorge and paco pastor joined the project. I'm create the mods and the rest to test them. Jorge made the request of the team subforum could have done either. Later he joined blackheart contributing his cbr1000 project.After a strong discussion Jorge left the project together with blackheart. Jorge in revenge changed the moderator password and disappeared. Bes team subforum has been inactive since then and therefore as creator of published mods excepting the blackheart cbr1000 I am responsible for them. Now the subforum has been removed and I am going to rescue my bikes.
It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

Blackheart

September 04, 2017, 10:32:22 AM #74 Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 06:10:18 AM by Blackheart
Quote from: Manu on September 04, 2017, 10:07:56 AM
You speak without knowledge. The idea to create the bes team was mine. thecrivi28, jorge and paco pastor joined the project. I'm create the mods and the rest to test them. Jorge made the request of the team subforum could have done either. Later he joined blackheart contributing his cbr1000 project.After a strong discussion Jorge left the project together with blackheart. Jorge in revenge changed the moderator password and disappeared. Bes team subforum has been inactive since then and therefore as creator of published mods excepting the blackheart cbr1000 I am responsible for them. Now the subforum has been removed and I am going to rescue my bikes.

I hate the OTs but...

This is wrong, I had abandoned the team alone not with Jorge, dunno nothing about him.
Anyway I do not care nothing about bikes not created by me.  ;D