• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:26:13 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GPBikes Owners Club |Cat RACE EVENT 1 | 500cc 1978 Re-Run | Info | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, May 21, 2015, 07:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Hi Cape,
Using real weather is a suggestion on the suggestions list which will be implemented where appropriate at some races.
Fortunately today's weather reflects the, how shall we say, ' race intentions'.  Lol.
The whole wet weather racing thing is still a bit 'Beta Infantile'.
Today's weather report is more for 'atmosphere'' but don't tell anyone.  :D
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

CapeDoctor

cool, thanks mate - i know my attempts with the RGV at Mallory in the wet were....abysmal, to say the least....  :)
it does seem like maybe some more physics coding work is required for wet conditions....  8)

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Boerenlater on May 23, 2015, 01:13:02 PM
Btw this race is not during the Indy500 right?

Eastern US time is 6 hours behind CET so......

Our race starts at 8 CET and Indy starts 9CET.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: TheCapeDoctor on May 24, 2015, 10:17:25 AM
cool, thanks mate - i know my attempts with the RGV at Mallory in the wet were....abysmal, to say the least....  :)
it does seem like maybe some more physics coding work is required for wet conditions....  8)

Did you have wet tyres on?
When we were doing the start test with Nick the weather caught most of us out and we found ourselves on slicks in the wet and it was like riding on ice, but I know from past experience that on a wet track, so long as you have wet tyres on the bikes(the good bikeMODS) are good so long as you know how to ride in the wet(no sudden movements and smooth throttle and brake actions are needed).  ;)
The 500cc GP Bikes are in need of a good bike physics file(wet or dry), but Alone is working on it and hopefully they are coming soon.  ;)

Hawk.

CapeDoctor

lol - quite right, Hawk - the first few laps i did in the wet were on slicks, before i finally realised and switched to wets - the difference was immediately noticeable, so the wet weather riding might not be as bad as i made out - unfortunately, my mobo kicked the bucket after that last session, now i have to wait a few days before i can have another go.
ah well....  ;D

Boerenlater

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on May 23, 2015, 01:35:25 PM
yeah the race should be canceled so we can watch cars driving in circles..  ::) ;D ;D

@nick, no probs mate, its happened many times before.. i think Alibaskins can find the laptimes somewhere but i dont think anybody knows why it happens??
Funny thing is this version of Mallory Park resembles a circle a lot ;) only leftright turns
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Boerenlater

I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Boerenlater on May 24, 2015, 11:33:33 AM
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on May 23, 2015, 01:35:25 PM
yeah the race should be canceled so we can watch cars driving in circles..  ::) ;D ;D

@nick, no probs mate, its happened many times before.. i think Alibaskins can find the laptimes somewhere but i dont think anybody knows why it happens??
Funny thing is this version of Mallory Park resembles a circle a lot ;) only leftright turns

Hehe yes true - originally it was just a loop.  ;)

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Boerenlater on May 24, 2015, 11:39:53 AM
Btw I am able to do 51s, is that too slow?

Its fine, no worries, the club caters for everyone, pro riders are asked to take extra care and understanding, see you later.  ;)

Mike404

Hi Guys, can i race with you? I just saw this wonderfull thread !!
Thx
Mike

Napalm Nick

Yes Mike please read as many club topics as possible so you know what is going on lol  ;D
Need to know what your number is and what bike you will use.
Only 2.5 hours to go to !

See u later :-)

Mike404

Hi man, THX , number 89 and bike is Yamaha YZR500 , yes you are right i just started with some training laps !! lol

Napalm Nick

Sign-up is now CLOSED

White List is activated

1 HOUR to EVENT START

Problems accessing server? PM Napalm Nick ASAP

Super Taranta !

Just a quick information guys. I may be can not participate for practice or qualyfying. Trying hard to go home. Think I can participate for race but I don't know. If I can not, have fun for everybody !
SuperTaranta #83

Napalm Nick

OK Taranta it would be a shame if you miss out!

We use the Resume function on server so please try to make a qually lap in time if possible or it may not be possible to run.

However don't crash trying to get home either we can always race this again  ;)