• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:23:59 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Track IR5 Support Please Piboso.

Started by Hawk, May 26, 2015, 12:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Piboso. Any chance of integrating Track IR5 support so we can use Track IR5 in GPB? It would help make so much difference to the visual situational awareness in GPB, same as the planned support for OC Rift will do.  Plus it will give a very good alternative for those who cannot afford to purchase an OC Rift VR headset. :)

Sounds like good commercial sense to me.  ;)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

+1 already have my TrackIR ready like a lot of people.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

PiBoSo

Quote from: Hawk UK on May 26, 2015, 12:57:26 PM
Piboso. Any chance of integrating Track IR5 support so we can use Track IR5 in GPB? It would help make so much difference to the visual situational awareness in GPB, same as the planned support for OC Rift will do.  Plus it will give a very good alternative for those who cannot afford to purchase an OC Rift VR headset. :)

Hawk.

Naturalpoint still requires to sign an NDA just to receive the SDK.
Really?
Really Naturalpoint?  >:(
All the other companies ( Microsoft, Oculus, Adobe, ... ) allow the download of the SDK without even registration  ::)
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

HornetMaX

Nice company to work with/for in 2015. Chapeau !

Err, where's the other thread with the Arduino-based thingy ...

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: PiBoSo on May 26, 2015, 01:15:32 PM
Quote from: Hawk UK on May 26, 2015, 12:57:26 PM

Hawk.

Naturalpoint still requires to sign an NDA just to receive the SDK.
Really?
Really Naturalpoint?  >:(
All the other companies ( Microsoft, Oculus, Adobe, ... ) allow the download of the SDK without even registration  ::)

Yes... an NDS does seem way over the top for downloading their SDK for sure.  ::)

Does this present a problem with integrating Track IR5 into GPB?

Thanks for the speedy reply....

Hawk

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk UK on May 26, 2015, 03:44:36 PM
Does this present a problem with integrating Track IR5 into GPB?
Given h106frp's link above, I'd say that the mere fact of working with Naturalpoint is a problem :)

MaX.

Hawk

Oh that's just great!  >:(

So how good is this free head tracker? And how do we get it operating properly with GPB?

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk UK on May 26, 2015, 08:25:30 PM
Oh that's just great!  >:(

So how good is this free head tracker? And how do we get it operating properly with GPB?
The stuff h106frp posted ? (http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2318.0)
It seems very good and as it interfaces as a simple joystick, it should be easy to use by any game.

I'm not sure it can be used for head movements right now: maybe using the emulation software (OpenTrack) that emulates TrackIR and FreeTrack.
If I'm not wrong, GPB supports FreeTrack, so using OpenTrack on top of EDTracker shuold do it.
It also seems OpenTrack can emulate mouse output, so ...

Anyway it should be trivially usable for other stuff (anything that can be associated with an analog axis): rider lean, even bike lean etc.

I'd wait for h106frp feedback: he knows his stuff :)

MaX.

h106frp

They seemed to have shifted a lot of units and it seems very well received, GPB has FreeTrack support and according to this ;
https://www.youtube.com/v/co6DBoxU3wc

using opentrack it will support any freetrack enabled app  :)

I am taking the plunge and ordering the bits to give it a try as a home build but it will be a week or two i guess to get it built up and tested. It does open up a raft of possibilities for 'rider' tracking beyond the look to apex or mouse look functions.

It would seem possible that rider tuck and lean as well as looking around might be possible with this device which would be very cool and finally be a realistic way of inputting rider data in a very natural way. 8)

Being gyro driven it would even be possible to look behind if anyone has a dome projection system ;D

Hawk

This looks like a great system!  ;D

However.... Having TrackIR5 already, I'd have to see the benefits of this EDtrack system outweigh the advantages of OC Rift before considering buying another head tracking control system over buying OC Rift(awaiting the Hi-Res version of OC Rift to be released before considering to buy).

But I'm impressed with what information and ideas you have provided us with here and in the other thread too H. Very impressed!  ;) ;D 8)

Hawk.

h106frp

If you really are going to splash out on a rift then you will get pretty much the same position sensing hardware with it anyway so no need for this device.

Then again i reckon about £25 to build the magnetometer one using the pre-made PCB if your confident doing a bit of soldering so not a big investment and i enjoy my gadgets ;).

HornetMaX

Quote from: h106frp on May 26, 2015, 08:54:24 PM
GPB has FreeTrack support and according to this ;

using opentrack it will support any freetrack enabled app  :)
I downloaded opentrack but I can't use it with GPB (surely because I'm a noob at all this).

I tried to use a joypad as input or face tracking via my webcam, freetrack output: for both, I see stuff moving in the opentrack GUI, but GPB sees nothing.

Is there any dll to be put in GPB folders to activate freetrack ?

MaX.

Napalm Nick

I assume u ticked the box in GpB?  :P
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on May 26, 2015, 09:36:50 PM
I assume u ticked the box in GpB?  :P
I did (and I won't blame you for asking).

MaX.