• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:10:36 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Wishlist

Started by Hawk, April 30, 2015, 08:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: Warlock on April 30, 2015, 02:34:38 AM
Quote from: Hawk UK on April 29, 2015, 04:22:30 PM

Bring in total rider MOD capability I say, at least then we can implement rider styles for all era's.  Then everyone would be happy. ;) ;D

Hawk.
Indeed this would be nice.... BUT.....   with modern rider style you can see much less of the track  (from helmet view of course  :P) .
Have you guys thought about somebody select an old school style and have the advantage of a better view of the track? what do you think?

.......well anyway people just ride from 3rd person view so....nevermind, forget my question lol  ;D

Maybe if the stability of the bike gets affected by rider style (mass, COG), would be perfect. Not sure if this is already done? ...i would say yes, but not sure if you change the rider position (a modded rider ) GPB will take it in account.

BTW: Welcome back Stout  :) nice to see you around from time to time  ;)

Surely you would have the same view modern MotoGP riders have? Likewise for the Classic rider view? So surely it's just a case of adapting to track reference points accordingly as I'm sure the modern MotoGP riders must have done when they changed their riding styles?  ;)

Just a thought.  :)

Hawk.

BOBR6 84

Id like some in-game ajustment for riding styles.. Like tourist trophy years ago...

Its all good riding around like marquez but do we really have enough feedback for it?

If you use a custom rig, is it capable of gp lean angles with your shoulder on the floor?

Keep dreaming..  ;D

Warlock

Quote from: Hawk UK on April 30, 2015, 08:31:13 AM
Surely you would have the same view modern MotoGP riders have? Likewise for the Classic rider view? So surely it's just a case of adapting to track reference points accordingly as I'm sure the modern MotoGP riders must have done when they changed their riding styles?  ;)
Just a thought.  :)
Hawk.

Sorry maybe i explained quite bad myself lol , or im not understanding what you are saying now haha (english not my native).
I would love to ride with the head at 10cm above ground, what i mean is the advantage of riders that select a rider position with better view of the track.
But as i said, we already have those differences between helmet view and 3rd person view, so ....no problem  :)

C21

QuoteId like some in-game ajustment for riding styles.. Like tourist trophy years ago...

Its all good riding around like marquez but do we really have enough feedback for it?

If you use a custom rig, is it capable of gp lean angles with your shoulder on the floor?

Keep dreaming..

Hmm.....
First of all i have to say that i really like to have different riding styles (as in MxxXX).
But on the Arcade game the riding styles are for graphics and pure joy only. There is no influence from the rider to the bike.
In GPB the situation is way different!
The rider is used as an interacting model with the bike and that´s also the main problem allowing modding capability to riders and riding styles imho.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Gzehoo

What do you think about making race distance in minutes? Like we have now setting race distance in laps, we would set it for the minutes to allow us making e.g. 30-minutes (+1 lap) race.

Napalm Nick

June 12, 2015, 06:52:46 PM #5 Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 07:07:15 PM by Napalm Nick
I think it would be a nice addition if it was easy to do!

Was there a specific idea you had in mind for it?  Without being able to swop tyres, refuel etc, other factors still control the maximum distance/time.

It would be a nice tool to allow these limits to be pushed though with a race time addition! +1
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: Gzehoo on June 12, 2015, 06:13:45 PM
What do you think about making race distance in minutes? Like we have now setting race distance in laps, we would set it for the minutes to allow us making e.g. 30-minutes (+1 lap) race.

Would be okay as an option, but personally I cannot see any reason for it whatsoever accept for someone to design a special time limit race or something similar.... but as I say I cannot see why you would want to do that at all???  :-\

I am a little bias because personally I like races as I  think they should be run - Full Length(which we very rarely get online even now).  :)

If races were full length it stops them being a sprint and therefore favouring greatly the faster guys..... Could the fast guys keep it up for 18 - 30+ laps?? Well I'd like to see, because I'm sure more mistakes would creep in as the laps counted off and that would lead to more accidents especially if you were trying to keep that sprint pace throughout the whole race. So yeah I would like to see more full length races please.  :P ;D

Hawk.
PS: I would rather see the ability to start bikes off the line at 10 second intervals. That would allow for Time Trial Races and Real Road Races like the I.O.M TT races.  ;D 8)

Klax75

Quote from: Hawk UK on June 12, 2015, 08:27:18 PM

Would be okay as an option, but personally I cannot see any reason for it whatsoever accept for someone to design a special time limit race or something similar.... but as I say I cannot see why you would want to do that at all???  :-\

I am a little bias because personally I like races as I  think they should be run - Full Length(which we very rarely get online even now).  :)

If races were full length it stops them being a sprint and therefore favouring greatly the faster guys..... Could the fast guys keep it up for 18 - 30+ laps?? Well I'd like to see, because I'm sure more mistakes would creep in as the laps counted off and that would lead to more accidents especially if you were trying to keep that sprint pace throughout the whole race. So yeah I would like to see more full length races please.  :P ;D

Hawk.
PS: I would rather see the ability to start bikes off the line at 10 second intervals. That would allow for Time Trial Races and Real Road Races like the I.O.M TT races.  ;D 8)

I am for this Hawk. :D

HornetMaX

To do endurance races ? 2hrs ? 8hrs ? 24hrs ?

Yeah but that requires a much bigger change than simply limiting by time instead of laps.

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 13, 2015, 07:43:03 AM

To do endurance races ? 2hrs ? 8hrs ? 24hrs ?

Yeah absolutely Max! You are SO correct - Of course! Endurance Races..... Why didn't I think of that!? Silly ME!! Lol  ::) 8)

I stand corrected..... Good idea! My apologies Gzehoo.  ;) 8)

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 13, 2015, 07:43:03 AM
Yeah but that requires a much bigger change than simply limiting by time instead of laps.

MaX.

Would be a great implementation though Max, don't you think?  ;)

Surely it could be done by taking the time the first rider starts at, then having a routine that takes the previous start time minus 10 secs and uses that as the next riders start start time and so forth throughout the whole rider field? Probably too simplistic, but maybe a base for thought?  :)

Hawk

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk UK on June 13, 2015, 08:10:04 AM
Would be a great implementation though Max, don't you think?  ;)

Surely it could be done by taking the time the first rider starts at, then having a routine that takes the previous start time minus 10 secs and uses that as the next riders start start time and so forth throughout the whole rider field? Probably too simplistic, but maybe a base for thought?  :)
It can be done for sure, it's just a fair bit of code (much more than then time limited races).

MaX.

Napalm Nick

My first thought was endurance races but then as I said, no point if you cant refuel/change tyres.

I liked the idea that I could use it to play with reaching tyre/fuel limits in a race, hence changing the concept of just going flat out from start to finish. Bring a bit of strategy into the game.  I have already seen the differences gearing makes to fuel consumption so there is potential here for ' thinking-mans racing'.  (I specifically don't say thinking-person because we know women can already think and race at the same time).

Now if the time limit racing was coupled with Pit stops working- the game would double its possibilities.

And yes staggered starts would be great too.

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on June 13, 2015, 08:17:53 AM
My first thought was endurance races but then as I said, no point if you cant refuel/change tyres.

I liked the idea that I could use it to play with reaching tyre/fuel limits in a race, hence changing the concept of just going flat out from start to finish. Bring a bit of strategy into the game.  I have already seen the differences gearing makes to fuel consumption so there is potential here for ' thinking-mans racing'.  (I specifically don't say thinking-person because we know women can already think and race at the same time).

Now if the time limit racing was coupled with Pit stops working- the game would double its possibilities.

And yes staggered starts would be great too.

+1

Very good points there to consider before implementing endurance race features.

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Refuel + tyre changes are already in WRS, so it souldn't be a big deal to have them in GPB too ...

MaX.

Napalm Nick

Another thought just occurred to me that it might already be possible to simulate 'timed races'.

The server settings for the race are by laps or by %.   So just put in the laps based on laptime x laps to get race length time (eg 50 laps at 1 minute = er... 50 minutes.  Or maybe figures higher than 100% can be used (I don't know).

So just refuel and tyre changes needed for endurance races then (5 minute coding job I'm sure)! Already in WRS (thx Max)

What wrong with my theory?