• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:24:13 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Club Random announcements

Started by Napalm Nick, June 16, 2015, 02:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Yes will be nice to test all that. The SPA server (GPBOC 2) should be up in about 10 minutes barring any more BSODs  ::) >:( Lol. This will not be connected to the BestLap server because I am reserving that connection for this:

I will also be holding a "3 day event" starting today, more details to follow....
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

I suspect we won't see the true benefits of Beta 8 till we get some updated bikeMODS..... Sorry to say this Piboso, but the default bikes have always had poorer physics setups compared to the bikeMODS, and although I see good improvements in beta 8, I suspect this is the case again. Maybe it would be a good idea for Piboso to allow the bike Physics Modders to sort the default bikes out for him? Lets see how things pan out with the updated bikemods and after a week of testing beta 8.  :)

Hawk.

h106frp

Cannot see the sever for SPA so tried a few practice laps with the 990 default setting - much, much better.

Napalm Nick

h106frp

Thanks, managed a few laps on my own and no cores  :D   N.B. always a nice low ping for me to the GPBOC servers.

Much more enjoyable now, in 1P you can look down the track at the next corner and be confident that the bike is still following a steady line. Not constantly having to check if the bike is running wide or folding. Also running off the track edges a bit is much more recoverable so less annoying crashes.

Still re calibrating to the fact you can now carry a lot of lean into downhill turns. Hopefully get some time for proper testing over the weekend.

BOBR6 84

February 19, 2016, 09:13:42 PM #366 Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 09:15:38 PM by BOBR6 84
Quote from: Hawk on February 19, 2016, 11:08:36 AM
I suspect we won't see the true benefits of Beta 8 till we get some updated bikeMODS..... Sorry to say this Piboso, but the default bikes have always had poorer physics setups compared to the bikeMODS, and although I see good improvements in beta 8, I suspect this is the case again. Maybe it would be a good idea for Piboso to allow the bike Physics Modders to sort the default bikes out for him? Lets see how things pan out with the updated bikemods and after a week of testing beta 8.  :)

Hawk.

Noooo  :-\ Varese 500 is a great bike man!!?? but yeah the 600's were mega! and the sbk bikes and.. yeah, most mod bikes lol  :P ;D

Hawk

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on February 19, 2016, 09:13:42 PM
Quote from: Hawk on February 19, 2016, 11:08:36 AM

Hawk.

Noooo  :-\ Varese 500 is a great bike man!!?? but yeah the 600's were mega! and the sbk bikes and.. yeah, most mod bikes lol  :P ;D

Of all the default bikes I like the 500 best(no surprise. Hehe), but at the same time I feel the default bikes are not tuned physics-wise to beta 8's best capabilities, same as they were not for beta 7. This is why I feel that we'll see and feel a lot more improvements through the modBikes when they are updated, just as we did with beta 6 and 7 bikemods. No disrespect intended to Piboso of course, just telling it how I see it.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

I so wanna join in but just cant get online in GPBikes???

Please make some good videos for us poor buggers.

>>>>>DD leaves thread in tears cuddling his controller.........................
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

February 22, 2016, 09:38:39 PM #369 Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 09:40:49 PM by Napalm Nick
Glad you are all sorted now DD and rocking your way online!  You are not supposed to beat me first race out though, come on give me a break man  :'(

So I had this idea that I would put on a Cup Race each time a new bike was added. But we don't have any just yet except the standard. We have done the Murasama, Peter will do the Varese (I hope) and the 125 is not worth doing because it is unrideable  (and should be sorted out!!!!).

So we can wait for a new bike I guess.......

doubledragoncc

MotoGP Ducati GP15 its gorgeous!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

Yes when it is officially at final release we will!

Napalm Nick

For now the same server has been set with the Varese on it at the same place. Have a go. :)

Blackheart

Nick tonight there were no cores ??? In my opinion counts the number of drivers on the track, what do you think?  ???

Napalm Nick

I had one half way through the qualifying lol!

But yes not many indeed. One day I hope to see 30 riders on track  :)