• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:19:45 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

PRE-B7 Dynamic Track Test Silverstone | WET | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, June 22, 2015, 08:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

June 23, 2015, 04:21:47 PM #15 Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 04:27:35 PM by Napalm Nick
maybe as many as 11.  You could always take dry tires and 'manage' the race for a strong finish.

I dunno seeing what the track is like come the race and gambling is part of the mystery and fun!

Edit: But yes I agree 10 laps is more reasonable while there are so many unknowns.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

June 23, 2015, 05:02:09 PM #16 Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 05:03:47 PM by Napalm Nick
One 'bug' (?) I see is that sometimes when I start the server as full wet there is a 'wet sheen' on the track reflecting advertising boards/bridges and sometimes there isn't.  However I reckon that is a local (my games PC) bug not a server issue (?), but its still a bug lol.

Race length changed to 10 laps, server is on now after a reset for anyone who wants to start practice and cut that drying line in.

I will see you nearer 8.00pm CET  :-*

If you happen to be the last person on the server don't leave or it will reset lol! Will only happen if my Track Maint vehicle crashes.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Hmmm..... While I was online(wet track) the reflections looked and were working really good.... Maybe it's a graphics driver problem? Or maybe the track is drying out more on some parts than others and therefore reflections on the dryer parts naturally are not as apparent as the wetter parts of the track?

Maybe Piboso could confirm this?

Hawk.

Blackheart

Sorry Nick I can't join the race tonight, good race to all :)

Patrick

PeterV

install the correct track, Silverstone GP V0.95

Napalm Nick

June 23, 2015, 06:23:42 PM #21 Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 06:36:09 PM by Napalm Nick
Official practice starts in......

but drying server is open now Followed by 20 min qual and 10 lap race

Good point Peter - you will need to install the correct track, Silverstone GP V0.95. NOT the usual nds track.

Note to self: make this more obvious next time  ;)

matty0l215

Quote from: Napalm Nick on June 23, 2015, 06:23:42 PM
Official practice starts in......

but drying server is open now Followed by 20 min qual and 10 lap race

Good point Peter - you will need to install the correct track, Silverstone GP V0.95. NOT the usual nds track.

Note to self: make this more obvious next time  ;)
I'll be there asap... completely forgot sorry :-[
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

BOBR6 84

Too many core.exe crashes.. then takes a lifetime to join then core.exe again.

Napalm Nick

Odd no cores here yet but it did take a while to join.

Everyone please put your experiences in this thread!

BOBR6 84

silky smooth earlier today.. it seems when i get anywhere close to another bike it freezes now.

matty0l215

Cored in garage, now your in the race and i'm stuck on the connected screen :-\

Have fun guys :D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

PeterV

laptimes 4 to 5 minutes behind, was waiting for race too start and guess what?......CORE.

Not youre fault Nick, nice try m8.

Napalm Nick

I'm out too couldn't see anyone on track at all then just cored.

OK so lets get a list going:

1. Massive bike LAG even though no-ones Ping was >100
2. Massive wait for laptimes to show up
3. Laptime sectors often missed
4. Chat Lag
5. Cores on track

Napalm Nick

Quote from: PeterV on June 23, 2015, 07:43:52 PM

Not youre fault Nick, nice try m8.

I'm not fussed it wasn't to have a good race it was to have something recent to compare for the Post B7 fixes (if any).

Grateful for everyone coming to test it. We will  have a good old NDS race soon!