• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 09:47:08 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

PRE-B7 Dynamic Track Test Silverstone | WET | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, June 22, 2015, 08:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Bloody typical - the first time I get on the podium I'm down as a bloody truck  >:(

A perfect set of 'Dynamic' results  :D
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

JJS209

i noticed in qualifying that the softs started working very eary in the dry sections/on the dry line.
if u just were ~20-30cm (for hawk: arm divided by three elbows :P) off the line it was very slicky but on i could go "fast" on my own level.
another thing is that the dry line disappered on some parts i think. after the long long straight and the following long right turn u under/thru this advertising rbidge.
from there on, i think, were 10m missing (visualy) of the dry line

matty0l215

June 23, 2015, 08:16:29 PM #32 Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 08:19:21 PM by matty0l215
Again like Malory, I had a very stable experience.

No on track cores what so ever and only one in the garage (probably down to the lag issue)

As for the track and its drying line, it was definitely there, not as predominant as the Malory test (larger track, less track time etc.) But it was pretty good towards the end :)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Hawk

Quote from: JJS209 on June 23, 2015, 08:15:16 PM
i noticed in qualifying that the softs started working very eary in the dry sections/on the dry line.
if u just were ~20-30cm (for hawk: arm divided by three elbows :P) off the line it was very slicky but on i could go "fast" on my own level.
another thing is that the dry line disappered on some parts i think. after the long long straight and the following long right turn u under/thru this advertising rbidge.
from there on, i think, were 10m missing (visualy) of the dry line

I cannot think why some would have DS working and some parts not?? Maybe the dry line develops at different rates on different parts of the circuit? If so that would be realistic and fantastic!  ;D 8)

Maybe Piboso could confirm?

Hawk

JJS209

Napalm Nick

Yeh at Mallory though the I had pre-loaded the Racing line so already lots down before people joined.

Lag and De-sync between players is the main problem tonight I am sure.

It is also what Peter discovered a year earlier, so now we hope Post B7 Netcode and Dynamic fixes help with the problem. If not then B8 is only just round the corner  ;)

Thanks everyone.

Oh BTW Im thinking we could re run this race in the Dry or in the Wet but NON DYNAMIC this Thursday if you like? See the Quick Canvass thread.........
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

The line was forming quickest mainly in the braking areas I think that is bloody great  ;)

matty0l215

Quote from: Napalm Nick on June 23, 2015, 08:31:31 PM
The line was forming quickest mainly in the braking areas I think that is bloody great  ;)
Alright until you steam into the mid corner and it back to wet :P

Handy to see where everyone else is breaking though ::)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Hawk

Yes.... It was a real shame GPB went out-of-sync and was VERY laggy for tonights test event with DS and wet track with the 10 - 15 riders we had on track tonight. In the end everyone had to bail out of the server because most could not see each other when they went to pre-start grid positions, and chat was useless to communicate because knowone else could receive what was being said on chat-box. The lap timings were not recording or were only showing up sometimes 5 mins or more later too.

Real shame because it would've been a great race to be part of had things worked right. :( ::)

Thanks to Nick for promoting this event.... I'm sure we all learned a lot from it to test against beta 7.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

Alby46

Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)