• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 12:56:42 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

PRE-B7 Dynamic Track Test Silverstone | WET | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, June 22, 2015, 08:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

June 22, 2015, 08:45:29 AM Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 09:55:00 AM by Napalm Nick
Fun Pre B7 DYNAMIC TRACK WET TEST | SILVERSTONE
SSP600

Pick yourselves up after ARAGON and get back in the game and get in on this TRACK TEST and Wet RACE !

No need to sign up just click the poll above and we will keep a bike warm for you

INTENTION:
100% WET TRACK at practice start server open all day (if possible) -  hopefully by evening qualification there will be a dry line in the warm sun - who knows? come find out!

Fun race - leader board points may be awarded if stated in the Race Details
COMPLETE THE POLL (WHEN ACTIVE) TO SHOW YOUR INTEREST

Latest time to join server:

Please take time to practice the race start procedures. Additional information provided HERE and HERE
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

June 22, 2015, 04:02:22 PM #1 Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 04:35:14 PM by Napalm Nick
Heres a starter - Optimum GSXR600 Wet tyre temperature - 75oC

Max tyre temperature I can generate - about 55oC.

Not a good start  :(

Edit - Silverstone, track Air Temp 22oC, Ground Temp 25oC
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Alby46

Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

Napalm Nick

Thank you, better someone who can actually ride the bike than me  hehe  ::)

Meyer#12

Unfortunately i can't join tonight :( have fun guys!
Meyer#12

Alby46

i tried some laps and even if the tyre temperature is low, i think we can at least try this evening

Blackheart

Napalm Nick

Thanks for checking Alby I might ramp up a couple of degrees tonight too.

Blackie - niceeee! Will bring my can of petrol to soak the tugs in  ;D

Posting a video here soon that's just......beautiful......

Alby46

Quote from: Napalm Nick on June 23, 2015, 01:11:00 PM
Thanks for checking Alby I might ramp up a couple of degrees tonight too.

Blackie - niceeee! Will bring my can of petrol to soak the tugs in  ;D

Posting a video here soon that's just......beautiful......
it would be better to do a 10 laps race with dynamic drying, no rain, and 20° C on the asphalt

Napalm Nick

If you ever feel downhearted just remember the jewel that is GPBikes, and what it can do. Make a tea, put your feet up and take a snapshot of yesterdays 8 hours period.

Silverstone, 20oC Air temp
Big downpour at Silverstone followed by a few bikes out on track until the drying line was visible but then just natural track drying in the sun over a few hours captured in time-lapse photography LIVE.

https://www.youtube.com/v/hgVpJd252fI&feature=youtu.be

Cloud movement added no other editing at all. Felt a tear well up at the beauty of it. ::)

Funny you should say that Alby ;)

Napalm Nick

Knowing what I know now the Server for tonight will be reset and open about 6pm CET and will not be reset pre race.

Practice starts whenever you like after 6pm CET, tyres are not limited. Official Qualify starts about 8.30 CET (same time seen here).

By the end of the race it might still be wet or it might be dry. Tyre choice is.....yours  ;)

Hawk

Wow! Love the video Nick!  ;D 8)

You'll soon be up for an Oscar nomination at this rate! Hehe  ;D

Well done!

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Thanks mate it was a long project.  The good thing is the office think I have been working very hard these last weeks with my closed door and sighing and throwing stuff about (controllers).
Might even take an extra holiday this year.  ;D

It will be interesting to see how environmental factors such as track, air and wind changes affect it.

PS: there is a little wind tonight so beware careless wheelies

Oh and if anyone sees a 'Track Maintenance Vehicle' in game, that's making sure the server is kept alive even if everyone leaves  :P

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Napalm Nick on June 23, 2015, 01:42:30 PM
Knowing what I know now the Server for tonight will be reset and open about 6pm CET and will not be reset pre race.

Practice starts whenever you like after 6pm CET, tyres are not limited. Official Qualify starts about 8.30 CET (same time seen here).

By the end of the race it might still be wet or it might be dry. Tyre choice is.....yours  ;)

Have raised air temp by 2oC so might be resetting the server later (maybe 7pm CET) to ensure it don't dry out too fast.
hey its a test, things change, roll with it baby. ;)

Alby46

how many are we? that would change everything. I said 10 laps because if it dries we won't have tires problems