• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 10:55:45 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GPBikes Owners Club | GP800 NDS CHAMPIONSHIP | Race 1 | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, July 14, 2015, 03:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackheart

Quote from: vin97 on July 19, 2015, 08:54:25 PM
Exactly, that's why you take it slow in the beginning.

I am the first to go very quietly trying to avoid accidents at the beginning, Patrick (I think I still have to relate to the replay) made me fall immediately but not the race is damaged, these things happen when you are in many  ;D

@Nick i know I never use it, so I did not know that was key  ;D

Vini

Since it's been a long time that I've been in a race, I had the delusional imagination that proper ('realistic') races are possible now (after all the different championships).

Maybe if you actually would be out of the race after one crash, it would change things...

I appreciate and thank you for your work but I'm afraid there is nothing you can do.

...I'm probably just frustrated that races are basically still as chaotic as they've always been.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Boerenlater on July 19, 2015, 09:07:22 PM
Quote from: Napalm Nick on July 19, 2015, 08:52:27 PM
You know you can change the engine braking while in race  ::)

how?

Set this up on your controller (I use d-pad) then you can change Modes and change mode levels - EB Engine Brake/ TC - Traction control etc etc..  Only on bikes fitted with it of course
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

Quote from: vin97 on July 19, 2015, 09:11:03 PM

...I'm probably just frustrated that races are basically still as chaotic as they've always been.

Hahaha yes mate still the same   :P - there are many original members like yourself who I see have their spirits broken. Hopefully they can be revived! Maybe with B7 - don't expect too much then you wont get disappointed but you might get happily surprised!

My rule is to take the tools we have (bikes/tracks/racing etc) and just try to make the best of them for fun. Adapt and Overcome is the old Recon platoon saying. Besides I aint got time to bleed  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Blackheart

yan24

I do not know that he(it) it passed in 4 tours of the end. I had more than a minute early(ahead) of the second in most connection with the waiter(server), it's a pity I had a very good rhythm of running(race).

Blackheart

Quote from: yan24 on July 19, 2015, 09:57:34 PM
I do not know that he(it) it passed in 4 tours of the end. I had more than a minute early(ahead) of the second in most connection with the waiter(server), it's a pity I had a very good rhythm of running(race).

My English is terrible, but I did not understand anything  ;D

Yan Put the link to your helmet, (skin thread) pls for the race video  ;)

Napalm Nick

July 19, 2015, 10:12:23 PM #37 Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 10:16:06 PM by Napalm Nick
Yans game closed unexpectedly not even a core report just shut. I have it once or twice before but not in a race yet.

Unlucky for Yan, lucky for the rest of us hehehehe.

Sorry Yan I know you can laugh about it.  ;)

QuoteMalchanceux pour Yan chance , pour le reste d'entre nous hehehehe .

Désolé Yan je sais que vous pouvez rire. ;)

Blackheart

July 19, 2015, 11:00:54 PM #38 Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 11:12:27 PM by Blackheart
Looking at the replay, it was not counted the lap number 13 (no time scored) why I lost a position without being surpassed by no one ... this is a bug?  :o

EDIT: In lap later, they are added together (I think) ... wtf?

(click on pic for bigger)

Patrick

Yeah. Something was wrong with the counting. I was in fourth or fifth at the finish line, but did not overtake no one instead of blackie, but was in 8th position for most of the race.
@blackheart, sorry for the crash in first corner, but you did dive in it with a very strange line and cut me while I was already turned in, so there was not much to do for me. Thought for a moment I could get through, but hit then the last inch of your back wheel anyway...
For me all those restarts are very stressful, after third, did a lot of mistakes for 2 or 3 laps, lost confidence and, btw, should have practiced with full gas.  ::)

Anyway, was fun!

Blackheart

July 20, 2015, 06:40:15 AM #40 Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 06:46:02 AM by Blackheart
Quote from: Patrick on July 20, 2015, 05:25:32 AM
blackheart, sorry for the crash in first corner, but you did dive in it with a very strange line and cut me while I was already turned in, so there was not much to do for me. Thought for a moment I could get through, but hit then the last inch of your back wheel anyway...

;D No problem Patrick, I made it so the first corner to leave space in the corner, but unfortunately you have tried to pass me on the other side  ;D

@Nick I edited the race ... and Nick OMG!!! I had no idea what had happened, The bike that was going to be alone for a very long time  >:(

I am almost glad to be crashed in last corner of the last lap, giving the position  ;D

When ready the video I put it here, I think earlier in the evening  ::)

EDIT: I explained myself badly, my position is right on arrival, but the replay will not understand anything  :o

Napalm Nick

Yeh ruined my race, particularly as I had practiced a lot and was quite strong (for me) there.  But then again serves me right for falling.

And yes Patrick I agree - having to restart upsets concentration a lot which is why I don't like to do it. But for me it is just too unfair for people to have done a lot of practice, come to the event and then not get a race because of what is essentially a bug. For now we must make as much fun as the 'tools' allow.  ;) I expect at least one restart per race so I am rarely disappointed and sometimes pleasantly surprised.

Blackheart

Nick you already have images with ranking qualifying and the race? So I put the right information in the video  :)

CapeDoctor

as a matter of interest, and still a while before i can watch the replay, what is a good lap time for this circuit?
while still struggling to tame the insane power of the Duke to get a good time in, i've so far managed a 1m48 with the RSA250, not a perfect lap, but i could keep that up for a race distance... i think  ;D

Napalm Nick

@Blackheart - there is a discrepancy with the positions mainly 2nd and 3rd. Maybe with some others too. I need to watch the replay today

@Capeofgoodhope - no idea for the 250 but if you use that motonline link I sent you you can look at average laptimes.

Observation of interest: All the Pre-event Practice was done at an Air temp of 24oC, with track temperatures fluctuating 26-28oC in Cloudy conditions.

For the race the clouds dispersed and a lot of sun was there, Air temperature remained at 24oC whilst the black track tarmac rose to 37oC. All stuff to check on race day in the Event Details panel and on screen. Big impact on tyre temperatures, pressures, and the 'feel' on track.

It's these little attention to detail in the game design that makes this a truly superb sim. We have a lot to be grateful for I think  8)