• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:03:51 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Rumble in MaxHUD - discussion

Started by HornetMaX, July 20, 2015, 12:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Just done it and no corrupted PDF now.   ::)

Can only assume the FBi was internet snooping my line again during the initial DL and corrupted it with their nerve gas electron magnetism plasma inscribulator device.

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on July 28, 2015, 09:48:40 PM
Just done it and no corrupted PDF now.   ::)

Can only assume the FBi was internet snooping my line again during the initial DL and corrupted it with their nerve gas electron magnetism plasma inscribulator device.
Given the direction things are heading (and especially in the UK), that wouldn't surprise me at all :)

Glad it works. Now, how does it feel ?

MaX.

Napalm Nick

Well I got this far earlier today while playing about on the GP10:

QuoteWell I have tried on the GP10 and think its great with the wheel touchdowns, some kerb rumble and bump detection. very nice

A bit basic as feedback after all your hard effort - but all in all I like it a lot more than the gear change rumble on its own version. I really love the track bump detection which is often also felt around the kerbs even if the kerbs aren't generating it, and the feel of the wheels landing front and rear after a wheelie or stoppie is ace. I'm running at 'out of the box' settings as far as 'g' and saturation go (100%).

I will add more if there is anything particularly good or bad or noteworthy as I test more and with other bikes too.

In a nutshell I like it a LOT. Thanx  8).
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

SKD

The rumble feels good and is "real", not artifical. Good work so far!

HornetMaX

Hmmm just noticed a little bug (the .log file, that is now always written) is not erased at startup, so it grows over time ... yawn ...

MaX.

HornetMaX

I pushed out another version (1.9.9c): it fixes the .log file bug mentioned above, another bug that caused to lose all the settings (when starting the game and quitting without going to track) and to make MaxHUD compatible with KRP beta14.

MaX.

Napalm Nick

Thx Max.

Interesting Boerenlater had same problem as me tonight with 'b' losing settings when returning to pits.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on July 29, 2015, 11:59:38 PM
Thx Max.

Interesting Boerenlater had same problem as me tonight with 'b' losing settings when returning to pits.
If you/he/anybody can systematically reproduce the issue then let me know the exact steps.

The problem fixed with 1.9.9c was happening when, having configured everything (.ini created correctly), you quit GPB then start GPB again and you quit it immediately before starting a testing or online session.

BTW, I'm looking at the news features given by KRP beta14 and there's some interesting stuff: for example the plugin will know where other players are on the track, so I can show them on the track map. It will also know you current position during a session (i.e. your position in terms of fastes lap during a test/practive/quali session or your position during a race) and the same for other riders.

MaX.

CapeDoctor

the new features sound awesome, can't wait!  8)

HornetMaX

Quote from: TheCapeDoctor on July 30, 2015, 07:29:48 AM
the new features sound awesome, can't wait!  8)
You can't but you will have to, as they are not yet in GPB (but are planned for the beta7).

MaX.

JJS209

hey max,

i have a bug. i deleted the maxhud ini, the maxhud folder and the MaxHUD_GPB.dlo before i pasted the files newest version of maxhud plugin.
on victoria with sbk bmw i set up the plugin for my personal use, made some laps, go back to garge and again to the track. the result is that the my configuration of features is reseted to default.

HornetMaX

Quote from: JJS209 on July 31, 2015, 09:31:03 PM
hey max,

i have a bug. i deleted the maxhud ini, the maxhud folder and the MaxHUD_GPB.dlo before i pasted the files newest version of maxhud plugin.
on victoria with sbk bmw i set up the plugin for my personal use, made some laps, go back to garge and again to the track. the result is that the my configuration of features is reseted to default.
Weird, doesn't happen for me.

Are you using v1.9.9c ?

Are you using GPB in compatibiity mode = 0 (in core.ini) and installed in a "protected" folder (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)) ?

MaX.

JJS209

compatibiity mode is 1 in core.ini and its installed in c:\games\gp bikes\...

BOBR6 84

I have the very same problem! Each time I return to pit the settings are lost.

No idea about all the ini stuff   ??? Its in ''documents'' though..

Napalm Nick

I think Max needs to know if this problem is with the latest 'C' version.

Patrick (I think) had the same problem too online the other day but was it B or C?

Bob - are you having the problem with C now? I assume it is because you said you had no problem with B (reply #52).