• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Rumble in MaxHUD - discussion

Started by HornetMaX, July 20, 2015, 12:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

Yeah B was fine.. downloaded C and its all fine except it wont save the settings.

JJS209

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on August 01, 2015, 11:50:31 AM
Yeah B was fine.. downloaded C and its all fine except it wont save the settings.
same

HornetMaX

August 01, 2015, 01:46:34 PM #77 Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 01:57:57 PM by HornetMaX
Uh, weird ... which OS are you on (the ones that do have the problem) ?

Can you ost the exact steps to reproduce the problem, starting from a clean installation (install 1.9.9c, remove MaxHUD.ini) ?

Is there anybody without the problem (on 1.9.9c) ? Napalm ? Others ?

MaX.

BOBR6 84

Napalm Nick

August 01, 2015, 02:16:57 PM #79 Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 02:41:48 PM by Napalm Nick
8.1 for me.

I am still on B because I got it working and saw people having probs with (possibly) C. But it is the same problem I initially had.

All I did first time was an 'over-the-top' install as I have done with other versions.

Opened game, went online (as opposed to testing), went to track set up HUD settings, rode laps, went back to pits, went back to track and settings gone.

Deleted all plugin folder files and associated files in My Documents (standard GPB install) then re-extracted Hud files fro ZIP and did it all again - same problem.

Loaded previous version - no problems. Renamed .ini (as per previous posts) extracted new B version and installed. Problem gone.

So what was different? The .ini was effectively removed before the last install (when B worked).  As a suggestion could the .ini not be being made/replaced by the new HUD versions??? Maybe the .ini needs deleting before install because the new version isn't creating it (edit)IF ONE ALREADY EXISTS  ?  Pure guess in the name of trying to help by suggesting something.

PS:Unable to test C or do any testing until later today soz.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Hmmm weird ... "over the top" install is supposed to work anyway.

But just to avoid confusion, report only about v1.9.9C.

I'll be at home tomorrow and I'll have a look.

MaX.

h106frp

Like the new rumble, seems much more 'connected' to the on screen actions. Bar flap and wheel impacts are much better transmitted than before.

Great stuff  :)

Patrick

I got the same prob. Settings won't save. Got a clean win7 installation (because I got me a ssd on Friday) standard gp bikes install with track pack and bike pack installed. Copied the maxhud files, started game, got online, setup maxhud, did some laps, after coming back from pits, nothing saved. Tried already restarts, reinstalles, nothing worked.

h106frp

Just checked and mine works fine and saves settings OK. Just deleted all the old maxhud stuff before installing the new 'c' version. (from plugins and documents)

Weird file permissions? I am running from my gaming 'admin' enabled account.

HornetMaX

I may have sorted out some mess in the .ini stuff. Not sure it exactly explains what you see, but there was some mess for sure, so it's easier for you to test than for me to find out ;)

V1.9.9d out, let me know if it solves the issues.

Installation on top (without deleting the old files) should work just fine.

MaX.

BOBR6 84

All sorted over here! cheers MaX  ;)

Napalm Nick

yes Max seems Ok here too with Deeee.
Thanks.  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Cool. Sorry for the mess, had to change the way the .ini is saved so that in the future a "clean install" should never be needed. of course, in the process, I managed to break most of it ;)

MaX.

h106frp

Can someone confirm the bike geometry axis?

Y is vertical, what about X and Z?

Just tinkering.........  ::)

HornetMaX

Quote from: h106frp on August 05, 2015, 12:57:02 PM
Can someone confirm the bike geometry axis?

Y is vertical, what about X and Z?

Just tinkering.........  ::)
Well, they are ... horizontal :)

Note: in the telemetry tool I think I have swapped PosY and PosZ (but not the other XYZ quantities like velocity and acceleration), but PosX in the telemetry tool should be the same as PosX in GPB, so knowing that Y is vertical for GPB (in the telemetry tool that's Z), you should have your answer looking in the telemtry tool at Pos X/Y/Z while the bike moves along the track. GPB's Pos X/Y/Z --> Telemetry tool PosX/Z/Y.

I've already modified the telemetry tool to solve this issue and preserve GPB unusual axes (plus some other improvements). Not sure when I'll push it out though, bit low on my priority list right now, like everything related to GPB.

Notice also that Acceleration X/Y/Z are in bike's rotated frame (not in world's frame).

MaX.