• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Tyre overheat (?) after crash.

Started by Napalm Nick, August 13, 2015, 08:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapeDoctor

i can replicate PeterV's problem easily - brand new, fresh tyres, one simple burnout, and the tyre is totally useless - you can sit in one spot and shift all the way into sixth gear, without the bike being able to move forward at all.   :o
so it's actually quite a serious 'bug', this, then - i sincerely hope PiBoSo will do something about this - certainly it's not realistic, at all.
a very important bug report, imho.  ;)

Napalm Nick

Can you determine how long it takes for the tyre to cool down for use again? This would be very useful  :)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

CapeDoctor

in my tests, Brno track, better part of two laps before any decent grip returned. two VERY slow laps, that is -  around 3 minutes - best i could do with the non-existent grip.
and that was after a burnout of 2 donut revolutions, around 20 seconds in total ...  :-X
i think it best if a few of us test this, so we can get some comprehensive stats for PiBoSO to see.
should we choose same bike/tracks, or different? my thoughts are it might be best to keep it to the default bikes and Vic track for now...?

HornetMaX

220+C seems quite high indeed :)

So potentially we have 3 entangled issues:

• tyre becomes too hot when sliding
  • when hot, tyre grip is too low
  • tyre does not cool off quickly enough

Maybe solving #1 will make #2 disappear (or vice versa). Or maybe solving #3 will make #1 disappear.

That said if we hadn't the problem of the tyre overheating after a fall, then it wouldn't be a big issue. Just don't do burnouts :)

Not sure Piboso needs any help to tackle all this, so I wouldn't spend time in some extensive testing.

MaX.

CapeDoctor

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 14, 2015, 02:17:59 PM
... Just don't do burnouts :)

indeed, lol, the best option - better to leave the burnouts for after the race, as in real life.    i think.   8)

Napalm Nick

It would be something just to know he read this.  :-\

A little communication goes a long way.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on August 14, 2015, 02:26:41 PM
It would be something just to know he read this.  :-\

A little communication goes a long way.

Maybe Piboso is actually a woman and thinks as men we should already know that he/she reads our posts.  ;D :P :-X

I'm in trouble now! Hehe  ;D

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Now you have put that thought into my head it is not easy to shake Hawker.  ???
The lack of discussion of boobs is also a pointer  :-[

Back on topic I wouldn't like us to get hung up on the temperature being the cause of the OP. Whilst there is definitely a problem here with tyre temps, testing in the rain suggests there might be more than just temperature as the cause. To quantify that, after a fall in the wet the bike also seems more prone to further falls, but the temperature does not seem to go to excess after a crash.

Could it be that as well as the temperature needing to be reset when a respawn occurs, other physics also need resetting?

I would like to suggest what those other physics might be but haven't any idea just now.  ::)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on August 14, 2015, 05:00:48 PM
Could it be that as well as the temperature needing to be reset when a respawn occurs, other physics also need resetting?
But we don't need temperature reset after a fall, that would be an ugly solution. And we hate ugly solutions, no ?

MaX.

-aGy-

August 14, 2015, 06:07:25 PM #24 Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 06:09:14 PM by -aGy-
Then we need bike damage system.if you crash example full speed you have to start from the pits.but of course physics needs big improvements especially gp1000(tcs,antiw)which have too much power or grip or something it goes crazy when you slam the throttle.i hope piboso make this title number one again because there is no another GP motorcycle simulator and there is plenty kart and car games. yes we need damage system and rider control when he is off the bike like sbk2001.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 14, 2015, 05:52:00 PM
Quote from: Napalm Nick on August 14, 2015, 05:00:48 PM
But we don't need temperature reset after a fall, that would be an ugly solution. And we hate ugly solutions, no ?

MaX.

Oh yes we don't want an ugly solution for sure or anything which is not so realistic either. I think over-heating is not something to remove (makes us fiddle with settings more) but overheating/excessive heating during a crash, and subsequent return to normal temperature once the heating phenomenon has passed, should be quicker.

PeterV

Quote from: Napalm Nick on August 14, 2015, 06:14:47 PM
Oh yes we don't want an ugly solution for sure or anything which is not so realistic either. I think over-heating is not something to remove (makes us fiddle with settings more) but overheating/excessive heating during a crash, and subsequent return to normal temperature once the heating phenomenon has passed, should be quicker.

When you go off track into grass/zand or other off track scenery you will pick up dirt and any other debri.
When this happens you see it stuck to the tyre and you will also have less grip at that moment.

After a while driving on the track this will disappear and youre grip gets back too normal, the timeline in which
this happens seems to be good. Its certainly way shorter then an exaggerated overheated back tyre like it is now.

Napalm Nick

Agree - timeline to lose the pick-up is good.

Hawk

@_aGy_ : "Slam the throttle"!??? :o   You shouldn't be able to slam the throttle on a motoGP1000 bike without consequences, should you?

OH!!! I forgot! Those damn electronics allow modern riders to do that sort of thing these days without falling off - Silly me!. Lol  :P ;D

Hawk.

-aGy-

Quote from: Hawk UK on August 14, 2015, 06:26:05 PM
@_aGy_ : "Slam the throttle"!??? :o   You shouldn't be able to slam the throttle on a motoGP1000 bike without consequences, should you?

OH!!! I forgot! Those damn electronics allow modern riders to do that sort of thing these days without falling off - Silly me!. Lol  :P ;D

Hawk.

yes yes damn electronics..but this is simulation so i think that it need really big improvements.its almost unplayeble for me because its not like the bike behaves.I THINK.but if it does real motogp riders are machines.of course i watch all motogp races and i can see tcs is not accurate.