• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:30:49 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

[Reproduceable] Core.exe

Started by PeterV, August 16, 2015, 11:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterV

August 21, 2015, 06:52:08 PM #15 Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 06:54:27 PM by PeterV
added Edit 3 new data.

I always had trouble loading Jerez v0.9, now that i found the sweet spot for replay buffer size, i can now load the track.

Napalm Nick

OH

My

Goodness 

The times I counted the zero's but never checked the numba's! Genius! You, not me, obviously lol.

Quote from: PeterV on August 21, 2015, 06:52:08 PM
added Edit 3 new data.
I always had trouble loading Jerez v0.9, now that I found the sweet spot for replay buffer size, i can now load it.

but "why" is the question?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

PeterV

August 21, 2015, 07:00:51 PM #17 Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 07:04:26 PM by PeterV
Quote from: Napalm Nick on August 21, 2015, 06:54:53 PM
but "why" is the question?

Indeed, would it improve server stability (less core.exe) if we would turn off replay buffer size (replay saving) on server side ?
Yes you would not be able too save a replay on the server but player(s) them selfs could safe a replay i guess.

Napalm Nick

Worth a test on those Dynamic Tracks or NDS tracks with Wet weather etc. The trouble is the cores are so spurious so pin-pointing an actual definitive improvement would be difficult.
The topic is entitled reproduce-able so if it could be reproduced on a server then a replay tweak would be good. The trouble is the core we talk about here is caused by the replay buffer value. We need another reproduce-able core independant of that to test against a replay value change.  :-\ 

I will have a sleep on it Peter  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

PeterV

Quote from: Napalm Nick on August 20, 2015, 09:50:17 PM
Oh another interesting point - for the record, all mine (games and servers) are 64-bit OS. And on all of them the game is installed on separate Hard disks (IE: outside of any x86 folders).

Forgot to comment on this before, but i have the same setup as Nick.
All games on Drive E:, OS 64-bit Windows 8.1

Napalm Nick

Meant to add this too,

last night I removed the replay buffer code completely on the Dynamic Croft GPBOC2 server .ini, to see if that would help cure the cores. It didn't.  :(

Napalm Nick

Bill Gates says install Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 and that might help.

Very common error maybe you don't have all the Windows Updates installed yet?  Or if you have reserved windows 10 then all updates are hidden to try to make you get Windows 10 first then it will give you the updates. You have to run windows update and look at the additional or advanced settings. You can get C++ alone though from Microsoft website.

Old Bill really wants you to have W10, it's the love child of a megalomaniac as far as I can tell.  ;D