• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:31:55 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

World Racing Series beta7

Started by PiBoSo, October 13, 2015, 05:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Not too bad now on 360 pad with the new steer speed sensitivity option.

Its nice! Only had a few laps with each car, same thing as BoB says with the Sprint Car - is it supposed to pull left all the time? I know nowt about this class but it sure takes some getting used too.

I would need a lot more practice to input any useful feedback but..... Initial opinion - I love the 'feel' of it so far. Well done!  :)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

BOBR6 84

October 13, 2015, 09:07:32 PM #16 Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 10:48:34 PM by BOBR6 84
The replay only records for about 1 min.. there a way to increase it?

RiccoChicco

Really good update.

The new content is really good, even if I have some problems to get used of the RD500 downshift and the sprintcar's steering  ;D. As Nick said, it's "playable" on a xbox pad which is great. The "rallycross" track is really fun, both with the RX and Supermotos on MXB.

For the few hours I played, I think all new features are great!  :)

@BOBR6

In core.ini, add a "[CORE]" section like this :

[CORE]
replay  = 1000000

The biggest is the value, the biggest is the replay

Docfumi

October 13, 2015, 09:58:10 PM #18 Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 10:03:31 PM by Docfumi
Crazy the (sl_rd) keeps going into neutral for some reason. I do half a lap and it just starts reving in neutral.
It only happens when I downshift.  :'(
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

RiccoChicco

I had this problem too. Be sure to have all helps (shift, clutch) on off, because it's seems that it causes some troubles. After ~20 laps, I still miss some gears on downshift but it's better.

BOBR6 84

Quote from: RiccoChicco on October 13, 2015, 09:34:16 PM

@BOBR6

In core.ini, add a "[CORE]" section like this :

[CORE]
replay  = 1000000

The biggest is the value, the biggest is the replay

nice one  ;)

Blackheart

October 14, 2015, 04:18:42 AM #21 Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 04:59:22 AM by Blackheart
Quote from: RiccoChicco on October 13, 2015, 10:17:21 PM
I had this problem too. Be sure to have all helps (shift, clutch) on off, because it's seems that it causes some troubles. After ~20 laps, I still miss some gears on downshift but it's better.

Same here, can't drive with auto clutch..

Yohji

SL RD is not wroking well with shift help...(I know it have synchromesh and driver need blip and cut off when shifting if shift help OFF)
and not good feel physics on kerb compared from beta6. ( tyre Repelled from kerb) I feel that FR2000 at NC mugello.

and dont stop on sand trap yet... we slide tooooo long. no feel sand resistance.

but, SL RD and sprintcar feel are very exciteing! ;D

Stout Johnson

Hey Piboso, for me I had 7 core.exe out of 7 program starts. It is the first time I installed WRS, so it is sure to be a clean install. On my first attempt, the sim crashed after hitting some edge of a track, which you said is WIP. Ok, no problem I restarted and chose Victoria, cause that should be more stable. I could get out of pits and do first corner, after that a core.exe while shifting. Next try, same result while hitting white line. From then on, I have a crash every time the car is being set in the pits. As soon as the car is set in the pits, I hear that windows "diiing" which means sth happened.

Error code says something cryptic with "bNormalization.Result" and another window with "core.exe". Error happens with every car on every track now. Having no such problems with GPB or KRP...

Hope it does help in some way. The sim looks cool so far, really wanted to try it out. Still not giving up :)

System Specs:
Windows 8.1, 64-bit
intel core i5-4440 @3.1Ghz, 8 GB RAM
nvidia GeForce GTX 660

Cheers!
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Napalm Nick

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 13, 2015, 05:50:26 PM
Release notes:

- there are known problems with the shift helper on the SL RD

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

Doubt this is the same problem Stout but I had that when I had 2x core.exe running. ( I had GpBikes still open in background DOH!). Thought I'd say just in case.

Stout Johnson

October 14, 2015, 09:10:16 AM #26 Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 09:30:46 AM by Stout Johnson
Quote from: Napalm Nick on October 14, 2015, 08:13:21 AM
Doubt this is the same problem Stout but I had that when I had 2x core.exe running. ( I had GpBikes still open in background DOH!). Thought I'd say just in case.

Yeah thnx, no problem there. Made a system reboot, same problem.

Edit: After clicking 'track' the car settles in the world (I can see the springs of the car go down), then the error sound occurs and the game is frozen.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Yohji

race > World...timeout.
and I checked stats server page. no servers. maybe its bug..

PiBoSo

Quote from: Yohji on October 14, 2015, 11:01:09 AM
race > World...timeout.
and I checked stats server page. no servers. maybe its bug..

It should work now.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

grimm

After a few setup adjustments and setting up the steering wheel properly as per directions posted elsewhere here on the forum, I started getting some really good laps in with the sprint car, actually feels really really good! Manic, hard to handle, and oh so rewarding when you get it right! Turning lap after lap playing with the wing adjustment I figured out just where it likes to be to plant full power to the rear wheels and turn the front wheels into ornaments there for your viewing pleasure as they don't do much during a wheelie.  ;D

I love it! Thank you so much for the hard work and dedication it's taken to get to this point. I am looking forward to many laps of wheelie and power sliding madness with the new sprint car.