• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

GPBB7 | Sound Kneeslider

Started by PeterV, October 28, 2015, 09:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

So using MaxSCL (non virus version lol) I lowered the engine volumes across all samples - I used 0.5 so I could really identify the difference.

It achieves the aim I was looking for and it works really well - IE: lower engine noise so the sound 'effects' are more prevalent . Thanks for advice Max :). Of course having to do it to all bikes will be a royal pain in the ass. An engine volume slider is still my preferred solution even if impossible lol.

However, even though the knee slider can now be heard easier it is barely noticeable still. I don't really want to employ Yohjis fix (good as it is) because that is only making it sound when the knee isn't even down so not a 'good' fix really.

I don't know how everyone feels about this but the knee slider sample just needs to be louder if possible? Can that be considered please PiBoSo - I mean its a GREAT effect you have made, I sure would like to hear it. Maybe it is worse for me because I like to use my speakers rather than headphones.  I need the dogs opinion on this sound effect  ;D
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

+1 on that Nick!  ;)

I like to use speakers too rather than headphones, and I cannot hear the knee slider either, but like you say it would be great to at least hear it.  ;D

As far as ambient and own engine sound volume sliders are concerned I cannot see any reason why Piboso cannot or would not want to implement them?? Unless he is actually thinking of advancing the sound system in GPB in the future, so the current sound system in GPB maybe only a temporary solution rather than the final version? Just a thought.  :)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

me neither but don't get Max wound up again lol.   ;D
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on October 31, 2015, 01:49:36 PM

Shhh!  Hehe.  ;D

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on October 31, 2015, 01:49:36 PM
Wound up ? Me ?!  :D

MaX.

Warlock

Guys i told ya this .scl tip since i did Juju's suzuki sound and some complained about the volume, looooong time ago   ;D.
So if you found a good volume setting for the .scl file, the only thing needed is to update the downloadable bike .scl file. So everyone who download it will be updated.

As a Gpb sound modder is not really easy to match other bikes volume. So .scl tunning is the way to go to make everyone happy  :)