• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:57:22 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GP Bikes beta4

Started by PiBoSo, December 15, 2013, 11:14:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lengyel

///SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH LANGUAGE///

C21

short comment to beta4:
- I´d like the new brake simulation, great work.
- was impressed by riding with 14 riders at the same time on sunday with not much/ even no lagg issues.
- like the renewed wheelie control (better than in beta3)
- like the bike handling (only tried 990 yet)

Dislike the preloaded gearbox.
Don´t know what i´m doing wrong but i can´t shift fast downward w/o locking the rear wheel. Even with Autoclutch on, it shifts slowly down that it does not fit my riding style anymore and it is very different to beta3.
Will try another test session midweek (not online this time) to sort things out.

Besides the preloaded gearbox i would say its a good improvement over beta3.  :D
Good work Piboso!
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

oppolo

I know many of you play with gamepad so you can't have my problems that I play with G25

- I go on track and the wheel shake if gear is in neutral, soon I put the first or 2nd gear shake disappear and the FFB is lost, on track there is any centering force (real bikes have) and the fake effect of FFB disturb in a bad way my driving

- on track I change size textures for having back settings of my profiler, now I have a centering force and I can drive, even if maybe the movement side to side is too slow especially driving the 125, but I have to test better this point also with others bikes

my setting in the profile is 90 degrees of rotation, in game the only aids are both automatic rider lean, direct lean is enable

any idea how to have better grafic?

HornetMaX

Quote from: oppolo on December 17, 2013, 12:41:27 PM
I know many of you play with gamepad so you can't have my problems that I play with G25
I suggest you start a new thread (in the Bug section, or the support one) to discuss the FFB problems.

For the graphics: max everything out + change the texture quality and shadow/reflections in gpbikes.ini:

[core]
texture_quality = 1
bike_shadow = 1024
bike_reflections = 512

FYI, for texture quality:
0 -> uncompressed, OpenGL default
1 -> uncompressed, 32 bits
2 -> uncompressed, 16 bits
3 -> compressed, OpenGL driver
4 -> compressed ( the default value )

MaX.

oppolo

I didn't mean bike's reflections but that blurried white line, in all track it's so, do you have blurried lines at Paul Ricard? this problem is not in victoria

PiBoSo

Quote from: oppolo on December 17, 2013, 08:01:24 PM
I didn't mean bike's reflections but that blurried white line, in all track it's so, do you have blurried lines at Paul Ricard? this problem is not in victoria

Set anisotropic in GP Bikes -> Settings -> Graphics to at least 4x
Track makers should use dedicated polygons for white lines to 1) avoid this problem 2) have a different grip than unpainted asphalt.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

oppolo

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 17, 2013, 08:39:09 PM
Quote from: oppolo on December 17, 2013, 08:01:24 PM

Set anisotropic in GP Bikes -> Settings -> Graphics to at least 4x
Track makers should use dedicated polygons for white lines to 1) avoid this problem 2) have a different grip than unpainted asphalt.

thanks, it helps

oppolo

Quote from: RiccoChicco on December 16, 2013, 11:12:41 PM
Paul Ricard "Legend" by Juju  ;)

can you point me at some tracks with this quality?

WALKEN

Thank you very much for the update Piboso!  :)

Can't wait to try it!!!!!!!!!!!

Odd thing is I came here to post about not being able to see the scoreboards as it was prompting me, saying I had an old version which is Beta 3. Maybe this is the reason? 
Help me, help you!

Alby46

Now there's a new version, beta 4b
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: oppolo on December 17, 2013, 09:53:49 PM

What do you mean exactly ?

Pual Ricard Legend is probably the best overall track from a visual point of view.

MaX.

oppolo

Quote from: HornetMaX on December 19, 2013, 10:52:00 AM
Quote from: oppolo on December 17, 2013, 09:53:49 PM

What do you mean exactly ?

Pual Ricard Legend is probably the best overall track from a visual point of view.

MaX.

I meant with the same grafic quality, I tried Magny and it has less quality but I can keep it, Lezennes is for scooter: deleted, Vallelunga seems a convertion from GPL: deleted, this night I'll try Albi, Sashsenring, mmm, the screen is not inviting me, it seems a convertion from GPL too, so, I have not so much experience in this game, you know better than me what are the more beatifull tracks in a grafical meaning... and more