• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:38:04 AM

GP Bikes beta4

Started by PiBoSo, December 15, 2013, 11:14:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

As a general advice to all, I'd suggest to limit initial testing of beta4 to:

• Victoria track
  • Base bikes (no mod) and skins
Also, as we have seen with the previous betas, it takes a while before coming up with a decent judgement of how a beta feels.
Try it for 1 week and then, only then, spit out your impressions.

MaX.

RiccoChicco

Listen to the master  ;D

Good advice.

Warlock

December 15, 2013, 10:38:36 PM #47 Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 10:41:28 PM by Warlock
Quote from: HornetMaX on December 15, 2013, 08:59:30 PM
As a general advice to all, I'd suggest to limit initial testing of beta4 to:

• Victoria track
  • Base bikes (no mod) and skins
Also, as we have seen with the previous betas, it takes a while before coming up with a decent judgement of how a beta feels.
Try it for 1 week and then, only then, spit out your impressions.

MaX.

I know what you mean, but i don't complain about how it feels. It feels pretty good when you can do a lap before a core crash (no mods , no skins). Nuovaic also had 3 cores at Victoria.

I don't want to offend Piboso or his work, and i understand the difficulty of solving these issues. But why release a new beta with exactly the same bugs?  I wouldn't mind to wait 2 more months to have at least a few bugs fixed.

HornetMaX

Sure sure Warlock, I was just suggesting (to nobody in particular) to ride a while before commenting the physics, as last time we had a lot of "it sucks, worse than beta2" that 3 weeks after came back as "no ok, it's much better than beta2". For other bugs, they should be reported immediately.

Personally, I played let's say 1h on Victoria (online) and had zero crashes. But then, I used to have very few even with beta3, so ...

MaX.

P.S.
I realize now my usage of "spit" may be misinterpreted: I really wasn't patronizing anybody.

oppolo

December 15, 2013, 11:30:18 PM #49 Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 11:33:35 PM by oppolo
Quote from: PeterV on December 15, 2013, 08:35:35 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on December 15, 2013, 08:21:19 PM
Haha! Zombie Riders!!! LOL ;D

How did you do that, Peter?

Just the same as beta3, riders enter server and appear as whitebikes, untill "you" go in pits and come out again, then it was mostly oke again.

It's not a bug, most of all games , or all, use this feature for prevent or significantly reduce the join lag, the skin is loaded in ram when you are not on track

JamoZ

A short explanation of what everything does would be handy. What is gearbox preload support , or gearbox engine cutoff support , and where can we find or change the riding styles?

rc211v

janaucarre

Hello,
Thank you piboso.
Guys, test 1week as max said, and after that come to comments.
When you post, say what track, bike, you used for testing, and if you have made a complete clean install, or a partial or no clean install. Don't forget to set all setting of modem etc...
I imagine that all here have tested the 990 only?!
What about the 125 and the 500?
Test all things before saying it's good, better or bad than before. Search what makes what.
This is only for a best understanding, for us and for piboso.
thank you.

Abigor

Hey PiBoSo.....i really like this beta  :D .....but i have one question about the brakes.....i had been testing last night " 16mm-18mm-20mm and i see that 16mm lock up very easy and 20mm it's very hard to lock up .....and what is the difference between carbon and steel brakes ?

janaucarre

To Abigor:
If piboso has made like in reality(i think it's the case from him), the width of disc is for a better cooling, 20mm better cooling than 18mm.
The difference between steel and carbon is the same, carbon better cooling than steel but never used under rain or when you don't brake  hardly offently.

oppolo

Quote from: janaucarre on December 16, 2013, 08:39:30 AM
the width of disc is for a better cooling, 20mm better cooling than 18mm.
there isn't disc's width on the setup, 18mm is the front brake leverage

janaucarre

if i understand, the front brake leverage is like we need to apply a bigger or a smaller force on the brake lever? 18 need more force than 20?

PiBoSo

Quote from: janaucarre on December 16, 2013, 09:33:25 AM
if i understand, the front brake leverage is like we need to apply a bigger or a smaller force on the brake lever? 18 need more force than 20?

Bigger master cylinder = more force must be applied.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

PeterV

Doing some laps on victoria with the varese, when putting shift help to off, and then shifting you can just shift without blipping the throttle.
It sounds like a quickshifter, and the reaction from the rear to the gearchanges is an immense force, i think to much.

Anyone else notice this?

*. btw do you want us to post "suspected" bugs into the bugs forum?

Klax75

Love the beta, what I've noticed so far.

I don't know if this is a bug or not. I don't use any riding aids at all, full manual controls on everything. In Beta3 when riding the 500cc to up shift, I would either have to give it some clutch and then shift. Or my style was very quickly release some throttle, up shift then throttle again.

Now in Beta4, again same settings I use no riding aids and full manual controls. Now when I ride the 500cc it lets me up shift even with full throttle. When I don't have any helping aids on. Is this a bug?

I noticed the new replay camera is cool, but seems to jerk around and skip when viewing a replay. For a split second my bike will jump in the frame, makes it distracting when watching replays. I what a lot of replays. lol

I still get the same manual rider lean forward / back, Left / Right I got in Beta3. It's this skip in the animations. Where my rider will tuck in but not all the way, even though I am manually doing it, once I hit a certain speed he will pop full down likes it's missing frames in the animation. This only seems to happen with full manual lean control. If you have any of it set to auto the animation is smooth for tucking in.