• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:22:57 PM

Front Fork Oil Level

Started by Yohji, November 19, 2015, 05:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yohji

In garage setup, Front Suspension, Oil Level setteing, effecting is reverse.
In Normally, Oil Level to up (ex, 100mm → 120mm)(less air in fork), suspension to harder in stroke. and level to low (100mm → 80mm)(more air in fork), suspension to softer in stroke.

but In GPbikes. Oil level up cause suspension to softer... Is it not bug? ???

Or Will my interpretation is wrong?

C21

The question can only be answered by Piboso.
Does Oil 140mm mean the amount of oil in the fork or does it mean the size of the air gap?
(The smaller your air gap (the more oil you put in the fork) the harder the fork becomes towards the end of the stroke -  That´s what you have found)
I believe that the air gap is meant by "Oil 140mm".
200mm -> softer
140mm -> harder
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

h106frp

Once PiBoso has the gameplay and core issues sorted i think the garage is an area that needs some attention especially to appeal to a wider audience of casual players.

I have been trying to get my head around the bump and rebound setting and i am still not completely sure how exactly if effects the bike. I take all the rebound off and the bike seems more settled add rebound damping and i get oscillations - seems back to front  ???.

A better graphical representation (maybe sliders on a graph type thing) of what is happening would be nice, a picture really is worth a thousand words

doNico

Quote from: h106frp on November 20, 2015, 11:31:55 AM
Once PiBoso has the gameplay and core issues sorted i think the garage is an area that needs some attention especially to appeal to a wider audience of casual players.

I have been trying to get my head around the bump and rebound setting and i am still not completely sure how exactly if effects the bike. I take all the rebound off and the bike seems more settled add rebound damping and i get oscillations - seems back to front  ???.

A better graphical representation (maybe sliders on a graph type thing) of what is happening would be nice, a picture really is worth a thousand words

+1 as i mentioned before... there should be a bike image next to the slider in which you can see the difference. It would be much easier to see whats happening. Preload, air gap, softer-, harder springs, rake angle, swingarm lenght and pivot should be "easy" to animate i think. Bump and rebound is harder and should be pointed out in MaX Telemetry i think. Also, someone pointed out the fact to change the position of the yokes to adjust the front high "more effective" ..

~doN

PiBoSo

November 20, 2015, 12:19:03 PM #4 Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 02:10:43 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: Yohji on November 19, 2015, 05:57:55 PM
In garage setup, Front Suspension, Oil Level setteing, effecting is reverse.
In Normally, Oil Level to up (ex, 100mm → 120mm)(less air in fork), suspension to harder in stroke. and level to low (100mm → 80mm)(more air in fork), suspension to softer in stroke.

but In GPbikes. Oil level up cause suspension to softer... Is it not bug? ???

Or Will my interpretation is wrong?

The measure in the garage is the level of the air in the forks.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

C21

@Piboso
Thank you for the confirmation  ;D
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Yohji

BOBR6 84

Wow confusing....  ;D

So, Oil 80mm - less air, more oil = stiffer.

Oil 140mm - more air, less oil = softer.

???

Napalm Nick

Yes keep up Bob lol its simple hahaha! Not.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 20, 2015, 05:40:59 PM
Yes keep up Bob lol its simple hahaha! Not.
Programmers always tend have a weird way of thinking about things. Lol.  ;D

But yes it is rather confusing considering the setting indicates "Oil" level in the forks; would hope Piboso would simply change the name to "Air" level unless he wants to reverse the logic in the code?  ;)

Thanks for letting us know Piboso.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

BOBR6 84

well this annoys me a bit to be honest.. past couple of years (maybe more  :o) iv'e been doing it all wrong...  ::)

already suspicious about the preload..

pivot on stock bikes dont work..

Oil level is actually the Air level  ::)

What else?

h106frp

November 20, 2015, 06:27:06 PM #11 Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 06:32:16 PM by h106frp
Sort of makes sense, when you set up the fork you measure from the top of the tube down to the oil

Bigger number=more air

Not as confusing as the engine braking setting  ??? Which i discovered today !

Roll on B8, really starting to notice its like riding different bikes depending whether your riding uphill or downhill or on the flat.

BOBR6 84

Quote from: h106frp on November 20, 2015, 06:27:06 PM
Sort of makes sense, when you set up the fork you measure from the top of the tube down to the oil

Bigger number=more air

yeah i guess it makes sense now but...

haha yeah less is more with the engine braking..

took me a while to notice that rebound setting is.. 0 = fast rebound. Again its pretty obvious now but its all a guessing game.

would be nice if piboso or somebody could just confirm all the garage settings.

davidboda46

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on November 20, 2015, 06:36:56 PM
Quote from: h106frp on November 20, 2015, 06:27:06 PM

Bigger number=more air

would be nice if piboso or somebody could just confirm all the garage settings.

+1 :)
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Napalm Nick

Agree, I have often thought some of the settings seem to be in reverse but have only mentioned it a couple of times, convinced I had had one too many mushrooms.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"