• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:16:56 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Where is everyone ? Forum poll / questionaire

Started by h106frp, November 25, 2015, 12:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why do we not see more riders in on line open sessions ?

Connection problems
6 (19.4%)
Core rage issues
5 (16.1%)
Prefer to ride alone honing my technique, one day i will be champ!
1 (3.2%)
Cannot find a suitable server for my personal tastes
2 (6.5%)
Find the sim is too difficult even without others on the track, needs a fun learner bike
1 (3.2%)
I will just be in the way of the hotshot riders !
1 (3.2%)
I am online often, what are you talking about fool !
11 (35.5%)
Not too bothered with online but I am an active contributor to the community
2 (6.5%)
No longer play, but still a forum member because its a better community than FriendFace
2 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: December 05, 2015, 12:15:47 PM

h106frp

November 25, 2015, 12:15:47 PM Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 12:30:29 PM by h106frp
Where are they? Its lonely out here

Ok, really just for fun and to generate some discussion. I have only really got to grips with online since the B7 improvements.

Racing is another subject and i do think it deserves a discussion of it own.

Now B7 is reasonably stable with NDS tracks why do we see so many open servers with low occupancy? The common complaint is that GPB seems lonely in practice mode, the GPBOC open servers (thanks Nick  :) ) are just like a virtual trackday and its a chance to pick up some useful tips and see all those lovely bike models out on track.

Thanks

Napalm Nick

LOL  ;D

I wonder if there is a direct comparison between voters and online riders hehe. 
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

h106frp

November 25, 2015, 12:21:59 PM #2 Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 12:33:34 PM by h106frp
Seen through my plan already   ;)

I do wonder, the steps for a new user just setting up the correct bikes and tracks to be able to see a server is about as clear as mud  ;)

Yohji

I have problem with Time zone (I live in big difference time zone country.)

Hawk

I'd have liked to have been able to have multiple votes, because there are at least two votes I would've cast there.  ;)

Hawk.

h106frp

Noted Yohji: work, timezone, family etc will keep numbers down at any one time.

If we have a large number claiming to be on line in the poll then this is probably the biggest suspect for low server usage. I would accept that this is probably quite a positive result.

Napalm Nick

QuoteI do wonder, the steps for a new user just setting up the correct bikes and tracks to be able to see a server is about as clear as mud

Yes, we assume people will join and search and read the forum when they want to know stuff (well maybe not join - always plenty of Guests browsing the topics) , otherwise there is NO way of knowing. But I expect there are not many of those cave dwellers around the biking scene.
Once games no longer came with an instruction manual ( I miss those 300 page flight sim manuals), forum browsing became the lore (back in 1896 I think?).

The guide posted by Max is pretty darn good though. Once you have had your feed on the Stock bikes and Track, human nature makes you seek out more content. I'm not sure just how 'spoon-fed' people should be. If you make it too easy then we will get a load more "3rd Person view only riders" joining (lol that's a joke by the way, and a bloody good one). ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

h106frp

November 25, 2015, 12:55:43 PM #7 Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 01:50:22 PM by h106frp
Quote from: Hawk on November 25, 2015, 12:48:42 PM
I'd have liked to have been able to have multiple votes, because there are at least two votes I would've cast there.  ;)

Hawk.

Comments are welcomed to assist in formulating a conclusion  ;)

@Nick
I think the guide should be linked from the download site, took me a while to find it - you forget that we only read (or even look in the box) for the instructions after we have failed at the first attempt  :)

BOBR6 84

November 25, 2015, 01:05:27 PM #8 Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 01:49:08 PM by BOBR6 84
Errm.. Im at work mate hahaha

I do venture online a bit but sometimes I just pick a track and ride around on me tod in testing lol. I like to time attack!

Would be nice to have a list of tracks in rotation on a server too.. Like peter has done in the past.

Also this sim depends on the forum alot!! If people dont visit the forum, online is impossible.

Edit: sorry I walked away before I clicked the post button.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: h106frp on November 25, 2015, 12:55:43 PM

@Nick
I think the guide should be linked from the download site, took me a while to find it - you forget that we only read (or even look in the box) for the instructions after we have failed at the first attempt  :)

I think its a good idea - up to PiBoSo to include a link there. At least it is in the "Support" section which is natural when you are looking for "Help"

Daniel_F

no server with motogp bikes xD so i go offline mode ^^

C21

There is a reason missing:
Developing and updating mods  ;)
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

JamoZ

matty0l215

What about work/school. 7-5.30 im out at work :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

h106frp

Quote from: C21 on November 25, 2015, 01:57:23 PM
There is a reason missing:
Developing and updating mods  ;)

Updated  :)

@matty @bob, already considered in Yohji's post - this excuse is acceptable  :)