• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:34:39 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Where is everyone ? Forum poll / questionaire

Started by h106frp, November 25, 2015, 12:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why do we not see more riders in on line open sessions ?

Connection problems
6 (19.4%)
Core rage issues
5 (16.1%)
Prefer to ride alone honing my technique, one day i will be champ!
1 (3.2%)
Cannot find a suitable server for my personal tastes
2 (6.5%)
Find the sim is too difficult even without others on the track, needs a fun learner bike
1 (3.2%)
I will just be in the way of the hotshot riders !
1 (3.2%)
I am online often, what are you talking about fool !
11 (35.5%)
Not too bothered with online but I am an active contributor to the community
2 (6.5%)
No longer play, but still a forum member because its a better community than FriendFace
2 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: December 05, 2015, 12:15:47 PM

h106frp

HornetMaX

At that rate we're going to have more reply options than replies :)

JamoZ

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 25, 2015, 02:13:02 PM
At that rate we're going to have more reply options than replies :)

Democracy at its finest...

Napalm Nick

QuoteCannot find a suitable server for my personal tastes

Don't forget if there is something you want feel free to ask me here
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

BOBR6 84

Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 25, 2015, 12:53:00 PM
QuoteI do wonder, the steps for a new user just setting up the correct bikes and tracks to be able to see a server is about as clear as mud

Yes, we assume people will join and search and read the forum when they want to know stuff (well maybe not join - always plenty of Guests browsing the topics) , otherwise there is NO way of knowing. But I expect there are not many of those cave dwellers around the biking scene.
Once games no longer came with an instruction manual ( I miss those 300 page flight sim manuals), forum browsing became the lore (back in 1896 I think?).

The guide posted by Max is pretty darn good though. Once you have had your feed on the Stock bikes and Track, human nature makes you seek out more content. I'm not sure just how 'spoon-fed' people should be. If you make it too easy then we will get a load more "3rd Person view only riders" joining (lol that's a joke by the way, and a bloody good one). ;)

Hahaha good post!  ;D

And yeah MaX's guide sums me up perfectly! ''lost biker'' hehe. After years of playing bike games on the consoles.. I found GPB!! So I went and bought myself a pc so I could play it... To start with the whole pc thing I found really hard (still do) but picking things up as I go..

So that's another reason for the poll! ''thick tw@t doesnt know what he's doing''  ::) :D

Napalm Nick

Lol - you have power plug sockets in that cave?  :D
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

BOBR6 84

Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 25, 2015, 03:01:23 PM
Lol - you have power plug sockets in that cave?  :D

Still dragging me nuckles nick hahaha

janaucarre

The teachers won't let me play gpbikes during lesson :-(

doubledragoncc

No point trying to race with a bike that is unrealistic in handling as the front end is totally wrong, clutch is nowhere near realistic and wont function like a real clutch, continual core crashes, but otherwise the mods look pretty and the modders have done fantastic work with the bikes and tracks.

Sorry but those are the hard facts. I have ridden for 37 years, worked for Honda and Suzuki to name a few and I use real motorcycle controls that operate 100% as real bike controls do. I cant dump the clutch like on a real bike and get anywhere near the real reaction from the bike, how can you say something is and feels real if your using a gamepad? Ive ridden a bike with a bent frame where the front wheel was 2 inches out of line with the rear wheel and never got a tank slapper accelerating. I used to transport heavy plates for BOE and even with over 300lb. over my rear wheel my front end did not act anywhere as bad as in beta7!!!

I dont enjoy GPBikes anymore, it has gotten better in many ways and the modders make it worth the time to try and ride, BUT the bikes physics destroy the enjoyment. Now the lean angle makes it impossible to really ride as we used to be able and the front end issue has not been addressed in over a year!!! Seriously, is it more important to look for what music video to post than fix the front end? I dont have hours upon hours to spend in GPB just to try and get a half decent but still unrealistic handling bike!!! Sorry but guess I will have to wait another year or so for the front end to work right. See you online then.

To the modders, thank you so much for the brilliant bikes and tracks and plugins naturally.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Hi DD.

Remember that GPB is still a beta development......

From what we see Piboso has been working on hopefully it will sort out a lot of the handling problems for beta 8.

I would also recommend you co-ordinating with a bike physics modder to tune the clutch appropriately for a real clutch lever to see if you can get that real feel; the clutch is tuneable through the mod-settings for the bike physics.   ;)

Beta 8.... We won't have to wait a year DD; beta 8 is due out soon.   ;D

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

Hope so H it is frustrating lol.

I have not had time to get into modding the bike and fuckin it up lol. I am working round the clock to get systems finished for christmas and also one for InsideSimRacing show so makes it hard to just do GPB as have to test in so many games.

Thanx for the heads up bro

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

yoshimura

Just an aside, do the test to fail with 1 liter of gasoline in gear ratio  6,5,4 ... coasting, the engine brake No not been found, big problem :o
Finally, the engine brake does not exist, in the mechanical sense.

Abigor

i will love to ride online but....im trading in my Anaconda and i cant stop lol  ;)

h106frp

December 01, 2015, 11:15:43 AM #28 Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 11:20:26 AM by h106frp
Quote from: doubledragoncc on November 30, 2015, 11:33:47 PM
No point trying to race with a bike that is unrealistic in handling as the front end is totally wrong, clutch is nowhere near realistic and wont function like a real clutch, continual core crashes, but otherwise the mods look pretty and the modders have done fantastic work with the bikes and tracks.

Sorry but those are the hard facts. I have ridden for 37 years, worked for Honda and Suzuki to name a few and I use real motorcycle controls that operate 100% as real bike controls do. I cant dump the clutch like on a real bike and get anywhere near the real reaction from the bike, how can you say something is and feels real if your using a gamepad? Ive ridden a bike with a bent frame where the front wheel was 2 inches out of line with the rear wheel and never got a tank slapper accelerating. I used to transport heavy plates for BOE and even with over 300lb. over my rear wheel my front end did not act anywhere as bad as in beta7!!!

I dont enjoy GPBikes anymore, it has gotten better in many ways and the modders make it worth the time to try and ride, BUT the bikes physics destroy the enjoyment. Now the lean angle makes it impossible to really ride as we used to be able and the front end issue has not been addressed in over a year!!! Seriously, is it more important to look for what music video to post than fix the front end? I dont have hours upon hours to spend in GPB just to try and get a half decent but still unrealistic handling bike!!! Sorry but guess I will have to wait another year or so for the front end to work right. See you online then.

To the modders, thank you so much for the brilliant bikes and tracks and plugins naturally.

DD

Hello DD,
Nice to see you around the forum, given that you are disappointed with GPB but still developing your controllers - What is your currently recommended bike sim? Might be something i can add to my Christmas list for Santa  :)

Maybe i should have added a category for "Waiting on developments"  ;)

Napalm Nick

Its no good looking at the blue bar on the poll results - depends what PC and size you have your window as to which question they line up with LOL.

Seems you have to count the questions and then count down the % line to find out which is what. Very statistical indeed! ::) ;)

Note to self - Keep questions one line in length hehe