• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Bike race number

Started by Seajay 64, December 16, 2013, 01:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seajay 64

I have a question about bike race numbers.

Since I first registered my copy of BETA  3 GP BIKES sometime around July 2013,  I have used the number 64 on any bike that I have painted to my chosen colour.

I chose 64 because its the complete opposite of " Rossi 46 ", him being a genius on a motorcycle and me " Seajay 64 "  not being a genius on a motorcyle !

So I began thinking, what happens if I want to race with the number 64 on my bike,  log on to the server and find someone else has the same number on their bike. What is the precedent on who can use any given number on GP BIKES sim.

While reading some of the members names in the members list,  some have numbers after their name ie: Alby46,  Alexbolo 88, Davidoda 46, Hany 12, harrymj 66, Jc #21,  Klax 75, to name a few. Does this mean that to claim any number that  I wish to use on my bike when racing, I should  register my copy of GP BIKES  as "Seajay 64",  or is it just a matter of,  first on the server gets to use his/hers preferred  number?

I post this question because I need to register my copy of BETA 4 and wonder if I should register as "Seajay" or Seajay 64"  be able to use 64 as my race number when racing.

Thank you

Seajay

Hawk

Hi Seajay!

Well. All I know is that when you create a profile on GP Bikes you get the option of entering a "Race #". Now wether that is checked at the time you create your profile to see if that number is already taken/used in someone elses profile I do not know?

But I'm a big fan of Barry Sheene and created my profile as "Hawk_UK", race number 7; now wether that will translate to me being allocated the number "7" in any race I participate in I do not know?

Maybe Piboso will enlighten us on this subject..... How's about it Piboso? ;D

Harrytmj66

Maybe we should start a list of who wants what number?
Keep up dating the list every time someone new joins?

Arvoss

The easiest solution would be, first on server can use his number. And when you join a server but someone uses your number you get an 'alert'. Use a different number or quit server. But I don't care if some guys use the same number. As long as everyone has a different skin, it's ok for me :p

Hawk

Quote from: Arvoss on December 16, 2013, 01:35:01 PM
The easiest solution would be, first on server can use his number. And when you join a server but someone uses your number you get an 'alert'. Use a different number or quit server. But I don't care if some guys use the same number. As long as everyone has a different skin, it's ok for me :p

Hi Arvoss. :)

For practice sessions and fun races I agree with you, but for official races/championships I think all riders who register for the championship should be allocated a race number for the duration of those championships, and the numbers could be allocated on a first come first serve basis.

Hawk

Quote from: Harrytmj66 on December 16, 2013, 01:34:18 PM
Keep up dating the list every time someone new joins?

Hi Harry.  :)

That would work quite well, except I can see that some riders would register a popular number and then probably not participate very often in races or online, etc, etc.... and then you'll get other riders complaining that they want that number and should be allowed to have it because the other rider hardly comes online to ride.?? Just a thought ;) :)

Warlock

When you join a server and the number is in use, you automaticaly get a new random one.

Hawk

Quote from: Warlock on December 16, 2013, 02:04:33 PM
When you join a server and the number is in use, you automaticaly get a new random one.

So if the number you chose in your profile will be your number online unless that number has already been allocated by the server to someone else?

Warlock

Yes you always have the same number if no one else is using it in the server you join.

PiBoSo

This.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Hawk

Quote from: Warlock on December 16, 2013, 02:26:21 PM
Yes you always have the same number if no one else is using it in the server you join.

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 16, 2013, 02:26:36 PM

This.

Thank You Warlock and Piboso.... This has cleared this question up nicely ;) :D

Seajay 64

Thank you all for your quick replies.

Seajay

Arvoss

Gzehoo

December 16, 2013, 08:18:32 PM #13 Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 08:20:16 PM by Gzehoo
Quote from: Harrytmj66 on December 16, 2013, 01:34:18 PM

OK, I want to reserve 92 :D

To be honest, I think that there would be a better option (of course, if it's possible) - increase the number of starting numbers in game to 999 and allow rider to use e.g. #121, #312 etc.

My starting number is 92 and I want to keep this number. And if any other person would like to start also with #92 he could use e.g. #192, #292, #392, etc.

Alby46

i want as reserved number the #34, as i always used it :) for 500cc championship also
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)