• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:57:26 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

@PiBoSo: 2 Easy but important fixes for beta8

Started by Vini, December 10, 2015, 05:23:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Quote from: vin97 on December 10, 2015, 05:23:24 AM
3 Include parameter in the bike cfg that can invert (reverse crankshaft, e.g. M1) or remove (dual counter-rotating crankshafts, e.g. varese/c594) the engine reaction torque when bikes use alternative crankshaft layouts.

In the engine section of the bike CFG file:

RotationAxis = forward

The options are:
- forward ( same rotation direction of the rear wheel; it is the default if no rotation axis is set )
- counter-rotating
- longitudinal clockwise
- longitudinal counter-clockwise

"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

matty0l215

Quote from: vin97 on December 10, 2015, 05:23:24 AM

Suggestion: Increase the amount of different tyre sets available for bikes.

New tyres can already be added? Or do you mean the stock bikes? :)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

C21

You can only set 6 different tyres (e.g. extrasoft/soft/medium/hard/extrahard/wet) for front and rear.
But in real life (e.g. MGP) you have more tyre options available (asymetric1, asymteric2, softwet, hardwet,....)
Right now you can scribe 10 different tyres in the fcg (e.g. for front) but only 6 of them are available in the garage.
Would be nice to increase the amount to 10 each.

(to be honest that was restricted in B6C as i last tried to config more then 6...don´t know if the limit has been raised yet)

Code: [Select]

RotationAxis = forward

The options are:
- forward ( same rotation direction of the rear wheel; it is the default if no rotation axis is set )
- counter-rotating
- longitudinal clockwise
Sorry but i could not find the line on the cfg file.
Do you mean it has to be manually edited?
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

HornetMaX

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 10, 2015, 11:12:20 AM

RotationAxis = forward

The options are:
- counter-rotating
- longitudinal clockwise

w00t !! Thanks ! For counter-rotating, no additional inertia and/or gear ratio must be specified I assume. Right ?

Side question: should we throw random ideas at you in the hope they are already implemented ? Cause we're good at that :)

Vini

So, was anyone aware of this parameter?

Anyway, thanks for the info, PiBoSo! :D

C21

How should we? (it was not described anywhere...)
You have do add it manually....
AND
it works!!!!
I drove the M1 forward cranking and counter cranking. Really different drivng behavoir. Same setup and the wheelie tendency is much much decreased using counter rotation.....very impressive Pibosos!!!  :)
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Vini

Which value did you use?

I am slightly confused at the moment because I expected only three different values: forwards, backwards (compared to the wheels) and counter-rotating (twin/dual cranks).

Ok, figured it out. Thanks C21!
Backwards rotating crank: counter-rotating
Forwards rotating crank: forward
longitudinally mounted engines / transversely mounted engine (conventional) with counter-rotating cranks (cheat): longitudinal clockwise / longitudinal counter-clockwise

....Tested it with the M1 (b3.1) and the difference is definitely very noticable. Very cool feature, PiBoSo!

@PiBoSo: The Varese is currently using the default value forward, although the Cagiva C594 (like almost all other 500cc V4s) used dual counter-rotating crankshafts (rotating against each other).
So the value has to be changed to longitudinal clockwise/counter-clockwise in the next beta.

Docfumi

@ vin97. can you post the part of your Config
so I can see where it goes please?
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

PiBoSo

Quote from: vin97 on December 10, 2015, 07:40:06 PM
So the value has to be changed to longitudinal clockwise/counter-clockwise in the next beta.

"Longitudinal" is for engines like the BMW boxer.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Vini

December 10, 2015, 09:20:00 PM #10 Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 10:06:34 PM by vin97
@PiBoSo:
Alright, ok, makes sense :D

But then we need one additional value for the Varese and other dual crank bikes, don't we?
Or is it possible to combine different values (forward+counter-rotating / longitudinal clockwise+longitudinal counter-clockwise)?

You are right of course that cheating by using the longitudinal value is not really a good solution because it would make the bike dip to one side (though, I am not sure as to how great this effect is in reality).

Toomes1

Vini

MotoGP_2015_Yamaha_YZM-M1.cfg
type = bike

ID = MotoGP_2015_Yamaha_YZM-M1

geom_id = MotoGP_2015_Yamaha_YZM-M1
geom = Yamaha YZR M1 2015.geom

engine
{
RotationAxis = counter-rotating
Inertia = 0.02

mapping0