• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Project Bikes..............maybe???

Started by doubledragoncc, February 05, 2016, 10:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamoZ

Quote from: Urban Chaos 2.0 on February 19, 2016, 09:17:55 PM
Note the conversation between "Urban Chaos 2.0" and "Marcel Pfister" (the car enthusiast). See the attached picture.

What exactly is the point of your post?

Urban Chaos 2.0

Quote from: JamoZ on February 19, 2016, 09:20:49 PM
Note the conversation between "Urban Chaos 2.0" and "Marcel Pfister" (the car enthusiast). See the attached picture.

Just in reference to naive folks who trash-talk Project Cars, and call it a "sim-cade" or whatever.

Blackheart

February 19, 2016, 09:30:55 PM #17 Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 09:34:13 PM by Blackheart
Quote from: JamoZ on February 19, 2016, 09:20:49 PM

I think relates to my comment above ...  ;D

P.S. I got my license 12 years ago  ;)

EDIT: UB 2.0 You have the same age as my license.  ;D ;D ;D

BOBR6 84

both just good car racing games if you ask me...  ::) (i know, nobody is asking me  ;D) one thing that is clear to me though is the physics and general handling is alot more ''polished'' in Assetto corsa.. not much weird shit going on. Whereas project cars can also be a backflip simulator just by hitting some curbs..  :o ;D

Blackheart

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on February 19, 2016, 09:40:13 PM
both just good car racing games if you ask me...  ::) (i know, nobody is asking me  ;D) one thing that is clear to me though is the physics and general handling is alot more ''polished'' in Assetto corsa.. not much weird shit going on. Whereas project cars can also be a backflip simulator just by hitting some curbs..  :o ;D

Yep Bob are good games, I started many years ago with the sims (GTR, rfactor...), for example I play sometimes to F1 2015 and I enjoy it, but it's not a sim but a simarcade like almost all the current products.

doubledragoncc

February 19, 2016, 10:02:30 PM #20 Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 10:04:48 PM by doubledragoncc
Well it seems to have gotten a bit sideways in here lol.

To set you all a bit straighter on why I feel PCars is in most parts a sim, I have worked professionally on Porsche's for over 16 years. Worked with Johnny who owns JCM Performance in Florida and ran Carrera Motorsports with Greg Dillone for years where I used to build transmissions for Alex Job Racing (#23). I know HOW to drive a real performance car the right way and how it feels. I think I can be my own judge as to whether or not PCars has any realism to it and is more than capable of making a very realistic bike sim. Out of all the games/sim out there on PC now PCars has one thing that the others dont, it has a "RAW" feel to it if set up right and the FFB can be adjusted to feel as close as possible like the real cars I have driven.

I think the arguments as to if it is a sim or not are really of no point. Its an old sim/game now. 2 is on the way and bound to be better and either way I am sure SMS are learning something new every day.

Also, I am not using a gamepad and then saying it FEELS right, how can anybody using a gamepad say it feels real??? Seriously!!!

I think it has also been forgotten I have been talking about an all round sim/game to allow for what will not be in GPBikes. GPBikes is a pure sim, end of, no flashing lights and fancy balls, just pure riding. I am talking about a bit more than that and that automatically adds GAME to its classification.

This thread was started for those who want GPBikes for pure sim riding AND PBikes for a bit of fun and added enjoyment with endurance racing, day and night and a good AI for offline racing etc etc.

So please stop the, it is and isnt a sim squabbling, its getting silly lol

Just enjoy beta8 and have a great weekend

DD

Edit, BOBPPPPPPP your input is always good to read bro.
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

JamoZ

Just in reference to naive folks who trash-talk Project Cars, and call it a "sim-cade" or whatever.

In pCARS i can floor the throttle in a 500hp RWD car on a wet track with cold tires only to understeer off the track, not trash talking here...just sayin...

doubledragoncc

And that comment shows you know how to drive I take it JamoZ lol. BTW When was the last time you drove that car in real life like that?

PCars is not perfect in that way, but it is better than Milestone by far in many aspects and that is the thing I am talking about but I guess you forgot to read that part.

Have a great day now

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Blackheart

@DD I used a logitech g25, not a gamepad...

I drove dozens of times at Monza, It is close to where I live, and I know that feedback should give a sim.

doubledragoncc

You lucky bugger Blackheart, I love Monza, only been a few times. Unfortunately all my time with AJR and JCM was in USA, but the Rolex cup is something special to itself. G25 is okay but lacks punch in its FFB. I use the TX with very high settings and permanent fan cooling to get a pretty good feedback. Leo Bodnars wheel is best though. Thing is, for a bike sim/game, it is another thing altogether steering wheels and handlebars react differently and there is far more to think of than just somebody sitting with their hands on a wheel. A rider is putting his whole upper body weight on the bars and the distance between the hands adds to the forces put on them to that of a steering wheel. Thats just to start with. There is so much more involved too. I will have to make a video explaining this subject as to write it I am shite lol.

At the end of the day, I just wanna have fun.........oh girls just wanna have fu, unn, oh yeah they wanna have fuuuuuuun.........sorry got carried away again

DD

Blackheart

No luck, but much money "thrown to the wind"  ;D

I do not know the prices now, but when I had there the last time, the prices were up by +100 eur (1 lap) with the sports car organizer's disposal. Of course I speak of Porsche and Lamborghini (the Ferrari It has prices too high), and the first few times they are useless because it feels like a driving school.

BOBR6 84

i dont really understand what makes some of these car games a sim or not to be honest.. is it because a developer did a good job on making it ''feel'' realistic?

how does it all compare to what piboso is doing? because from what i can gather from GPB is that every aspect (pretty much) of the motorcycle is calculated or simulated in hope that it will all come together to make a realistic handling virtual bike.

is that the same for car sims?

so if 2 car games were made side by side.. 1 just felt realistic overall, and the other went the extra length to simulate every moving part and this that and the other, but didn't ''feel'' as realistic. what happens there?

surely some of these ''games'' are good enough quality to be classed as ''sim's'' ?? i mean.. if it lets you race in a realistic way, because to me, half of ''sim racing'' is about the actual racing itself.. racing with people with a similar attitude towards it all and all that malarky.

...... iv'e bored myself typing this  :( good luck reading it (or not) im off to bed  :D

doubledragoncc

Sweet dreams BOBPPPP LOL

If you have pcars join The Gentlemans Club. Great adault professional racing each week. Great group of people.

Ask for Ziggy on pcars forum

DD

JamoZ

Quote from: doubledragoncc on February 19, 2016, 10:15:21 PM
And that comment shows you know how to drive I take it JamoZ lol. BTW When was the last time you drove that car in real life like that?

PCars is not perfect in that way, but it is better than Milestone by far in many aspects and that is the thing I am talking about but I guess you forgot to read that part.

Have a great day now

DD

You`re damn right i know how to drive. Have more then enough experience in real life, and been simracing since the first days of GTR 1. My comment wasn`t even directed at you DD, so dno why you`re taking a stab at me here? :P I avoid Milestone products like the black plague, so i tend to agree with you there ;)

doubledragoncc

It was meant  halfheartedly JamoZ. I shall eat my helmet if it makes you feel better, seems the in thing on the forum now lol. l enjoy the concept of pilestone games but not the physics and unrealistic sides they have.

Miss my old GTR2 with all the mods Targa Florio with pcars graphics would be cool.

DD