• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:18:39 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Project Bikes..............maybe???

Started by doubledragoncc, February 05, 2016, 10:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urban Chaos 2.0

You don't need a wheel judge 4-wheeled vehicular physics. You need a wheel for finer control, and to judge a particular game's vibrational interpretation of vehicle behaviour .

HornetMaX

Quote from: Urban Chaos 2.0 on March 31, 2016, 08:46:53 AM
You don't need a wheel judge 4-wheeled vehicular physics. You need a wheel for finer control, and to judge a particular game's vibrational interpretation of vehicle behaviour .
Just as much as you could judge GPB playing it with a trackpad. But if it's fine for you, it's all good.

Blackheart

Try the karts in Project Car are ... something ... epic, a perfect mix between Mario Kart and Ride  ;D

RiccoChicco

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 31, 2016, 07:35:24 AM

You're judging how good a car sim is without having a wheel ? Really ?  :o
Sounds like judging how good a fighter plane is after taxiing it on the ground ...

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 31, 2016, 08:49:26 AM
Just as much as you could judge GPB playing it with a trackpad.

or...a gamepad.

We all (except Sh@rk and DD) play GPB with a controller that it's not suited for bike sim. However, we can all tell that GPB is the greatest bike simulator on the market, that when we all use 6 fingers maximum to control everything using a gamepad.

Having the right controller is always better to have a more realistic feeling with the vehicle and to be more precise, but you can definitely tell if a simulator is good (and if we're talking about simulators I only talk about the simulating part, not graphics and all fancy stuff), or at least better than another.

@Urban Chaos

If you like pCars (which is not bad IMO), take a look at Assetto Corsa. It's bit more challenging, but definitely more satisfying to hotlap with it  8)

Urban Chaos 2.0

Quote from: RiccoChicco on March 31, 2016, 12:05:10 PM

@Urban Chaos

If you like pCars (which is not bad IMO), take a look at Assetto Corsa. It's bit more challenging, but definitely more satisfying to hotlap with it  8)

I've got Assetto Corsa, as well as rFactor2, and Assetto Corsa is certainly not more challenging than Project Cars. Vehicles in Project Cars in general are more difficult to drive, and I like how visibly superior the suspension mechanics are over AC's. AC's track surfaces are also way too damn grippy. Some cars (like the BMW Z4 GT3), are more engaging to drive in AC than PC though, so I do play AC sometimes, but not often. Not a bad sim, but in my opinion, Project Cars is better. rF2 feels the closest to PC minus the lack of grip on some vehicles (like the Marussia), the somewhat more pronounced suspension simulation, and inertial forces that can sometimes feel a bit "off" on some cars,  but I just can't get over the unpleasant visuals. I think I'd enjoy rF2 a lot more if I had a wheel, because I think it's just not meant for controllers, no matter how much tweaking you do.

I spend the vast majority of the time with PC, but because all three sims offer something different, I play all three.

doubledragoncc

I am not sure what it is, but when on Nordshleife in PC it just feels and looks more immersive, I feel more like I am on the track than in a sim than I do in AC.

Mind you I love AC and am sitting here waiting for the 1.5 update on Steam to kick in so I can use the Mustang on the new track(I used to have a 2010 Stang so I partial to them lol)

I have been trying to call SMS today but no bloody answer??? Oh well just have to be patient lol.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

Quote from: RiccoChicco on March 31, 2016, 12:05:10 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on March 31, 2016, 08:49:26 AM
Just as much as you could judge GPB playing it with a trackpad.

or...a gamepad.

We all (except Sh@rk and DD) play GPB with a controller that it's not suited for bike sim. However, we can all tell that GPB is the greatest bike simulator on the market, that when we all use 6 fingers maximum to control everything using a gamepad.

Having the right controller is always better to have a more realistic feeling with the vehicle and to be more precise, but you can definitely tell if a simulator is good (and if we're talking about simulators I only talk about the simulating part, not graphics and all fancy stuff), or at least better than another.
I see your point but I disagree.

GPB has been designed to be played with a gamepad.
pCars, AC etc have been designed to be played with a wheel.

True, having a proper bike controller is better, but the gap you have on a bike sim between a pad and a proper controller is by far smaller than the gap you have between a car sim between a pad and a wheel. For the simple reason that a wheel is much closer to reality than any custom made bike controller will ever be.

Would you judge how good GPB is wrt another bike sims using a keyboard ?

Urban Chaos 2.0

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 31, 2016, 12:41:20 PM
I am not sure what it is, but when on Nordshleife in PC it just feels and looks more immersive, I feel more like I am on the track than in a sim than I do in AC.

Mind you I love AC and am sitting here waiting for the 1.5 update on Steam to kick in so I can use the Mustang on the new track(I used to have a 2010 Stang so I partial to them lol)

I have been trying to call SMS today but no bloody answer??? Oh well just have to be patient lol.

DD
Pro race-car driver, Rene Rast shows how it's done.
https://www.youtube.com/v/m1mwcthLZ7k

doubledragoncc

Well, I got an email today with a BIG FAT NO!!! so it aint a happnin!!!

Dear Allan,

I hope that this e-mail will find you well today and my sincere apologies for keeping you in suspense for quite some time.

I have now been in touch with two senior managers and passed your e-mail correspondence for their attention and unfortunately even though the idea is very catchy and they both praised your enthusiasm,  the decision ( at least currently) is unfortunately NO.

Kind regards

Maggie :-)

There you go.

So Onward
DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Urban Chaos 2.0