• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:35:24 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Beta 8 Event 1 | Murasama Cup race RE-RUN | WINNER - MEYER12 | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, February 21, 2016, 09:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Good on ya mate, if 'Peter-the-Great' can come it will inspire others  ;D ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

nuovaic

I'm in , but due to a very long work day tomorrow  I could possibly fall asleep half way, if you see a bike and rider snoozing in the grass give us a honk eh ???

Warlock

Lol, i'll do , dont worry  ;D

nice to seeya tomorrow , i was just about to send you a pm  ;)

Bambino

Hi All!

I can Run this night? I don't trainning in 3 days.

I wait your for trainning to this night! ::)

dareaper46

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Bambino on February 22, 2016, 09:49:53 AM
Hi All!

I don't think it will work because you do not have a qualifying time already but I will see what I can do.

I will need your race number

GPBOC 2 server is up for training now but tonight GPBOC1 will be the race server
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Boerenlater

sure
but if i fall and have to wait 45 sec before the reset im not sure if i want to continue  ::)
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

matty0l215

Quote from: Boerenlater on February 22, 2016, 10:42:19 AM
sure
but if i fall and have to wait 45 sec before the reset im not sure if i want to continue  ::)

We all have the same issue :P

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

doubledragoncc

As it was my first race in 6 years I forgot how the procedure is at start of the race. So I am in warmup and it is now over, when the race is going to start do we get a notice to go to track from the garage/pits or what? Or do we just ggo to track and wait?

Sorry but its been a long time I am a noobie again lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Bambino

Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 22, 2016, 10:30:13 AM
Quote from: Bambino on February 22, 2016, 09:49:53 AM
Hi All!

I don't think it will work because you do not have a qualifying time already but I will see what I can do.

I will need your race number

GPBOC 2 server is up for training now but tonight GPBOC1 will be the race server

Hi Napalm,
Bambino: #95

Thanks!  ;)

Napalm Nick

February 22, 2016, 11:32:33 AM #25 Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 11:47:06 AM by Napalm Nick
The reset after the fall is a big improvement in my opinion.

Since Beta 7 there has not been ONE moan about respawning and causing the pack to crash. Some will argue that if you fall its tough luck but I am more compromising than that.

I think it is still a work in progress and can be finer tweaked (allow the rider behind to be closer before locking out a respawn in particular) but ultimately having respawn where the bike ends up, being the best result (may not eve be possible who knows) as discussed and finally proposed in depth here .

I fell from 2nd place yesterday and had to wait ages for the whole pack to pass and I just had to tell myself its my own bloody fault for crashing! But the urge to Rage-quit was still quite strong lol!

If you can respawn where the bike crashes (like real ish) that would still be our preferred solution I reckon.

doubledragoncc

I got kinda stressed out worrying about being in the way and taking other riders down by not being able to respawn and then if I did it would be in front of some poor sod? It should not be so much a time issue but a placement one, just respawn on the side of the track and not in the middle of the riding line lol.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

February 22, 2016, 11:38:02 AM #27 Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 11:49:58 AM by Napalm Nick
Quote from: doubledragoncc on February 22, 2016, 11:19:53 AM
As it was my first race in 6 years I forgot how the procedure is at start of the race. So I am in warmup and it is now over, when the race is going to start do we get a notice to go to track from the garage/pits or what? Or do we just ggo to track and wait?

Sorry but its been a long time I am a noobie again lol

DD

Hi DD,

at the end of Warmup (when the last bike on track has completed their final lap not when the timer reaches 0) everyone is returned to the pits.

The session then changes to PRE RACE and that is the time to check you have your race setup on and get to the grid. Pre Race only lasts 2 minutes so don't hang around.

The 2 minute timer (before the lights come on) may not expire if everyone is ready to go (last man formed up on grid). So keep concentrating and focus on the lights at all times.

Hope this helps keep asking questions it is a good reminder for us all  :)

Quote from: doubledragoncc on February 22, 2016, 11:35:44 AM
I got kinda stressed out worrying about being in the way and taking other riders down by not being able to respawn and then if I did it would be in front of some poor sod? It should not be so much a time issue but a placement one, just respawn on the side of the track and not in the middle of the riding line lol.

DD

This did used to happen but sometimes the edge of the track is the racing line and KABOOM!

discussed much  ;)

Edit: Oh and it s not a time issue as such now it is a vicinity issue which mean you really cannot spawn into anyone so no worries.

Fearing someone may hit your downed bike is natural but happens IRL so Im happy with that. Besides we can all see it now and don't fear it will suddenly jump to a different position  ::)

doubledragoncc

Thanks for the info Nick

Thanks to you ALL for getting me started back into online racing. I had a great time even with the issues, but you guys are great.

DD

Napalm Nick

No worries, ultimately I think we are all bonded together by the undying desire to make this game work. ;D