• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:20:35 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Beta 8 Event 2 | Varese 500cc | Cup Race | RE-RUN | WINNER - DESTEBAN | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, February 29, 2016, 10:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Its true you are one of the best starters here ( I used to think I was pretty good!).

Just one thing my old mate please don't pressurise me for the race to start in chat, it really puts the stress on me. I do appreciate people are keen to get going but I like to have 2 minutes between qually and race just to clear the mind / go over the setup and think about restart procedures etc  Thanks.  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

March 03, 2016, 12:09:53 PM #76 Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 12:12:51 PM by Hawk
Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 03, 2016, 12:03:00 PM
Its true you are one of the best starters here ( I used to think I was pretty good!).

Just one thing my old mate please don't pressurise me for the race to start in chat, it really puts the stress on me. I do appreciate people are keen to get going but I like to have 2 minutes between qually and race just to clear the mind / go over the setup and think about restart procedures etc  Thanks.  ;)

We really should have a warm-up session between qualy and the start...... The warm-up session is supposed to give riders a chance to get used to the extra weight associated with a full race setup bike compared to the light setup used for qualy. This would also help stop those first corner pile-ups due to the misjudgement of the braking distance required for the extra race setup weight of the bikes.

But yeah I agree with you DD.... a warm-up session if only 2 - 3 mins would be good before the start.  ;)

Hawk.
PS: Gives me a chance to have a smoke too! Hehe  ;D

Napalm Nick

I agree I think we will trim down the qually session to 20 minutes and have 10 minute warmup in future. Good point Hawk.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 03, 2016, 12:27:41 PM
I agree I think we will trim down the qually session to 20 minutes and have 10 minute warmup in future. Good point Hawk.

That would be perfect! Thanks Nick!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

I need the full 30 mins in qually lol but seriously dont take away qually time it will hurt us noobs 10 mins is a lot to us. Warmup is less important 5 mins should be okay for 2 laps?

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

guigui404

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 02, 2016, 09:24:35 PM
Quote from: guigui404 on March 02, 2016, 08:01:23 PM

not whitelisted

Ohhh damn man! but you are on the whitelist ! but I didn't get this message after the qualifying starts and then too late to double check. Very sorry please come to test the server earlier if possible but I am sorry for you tonight.  :(

Quote from: IronHorse on March 02, 2016, 08:45:03 PM
Damn, I got 3 seconds out of the race. I qualified ok, but when the server changed to race mode my setup somehow got unselected and went to default. All other setups including shared ones expect for one, have a problem where is only 1st gear, even if it says you are going up gears its still stuck in 1st.  I qualified Tried to go garage and fix quickly but looks like you cant do that because my slot retired and its too late to go back.

You did good mate for your first outing, great time in qually too. Make sure you save your race and qualify setups to the slots in the top because if the session changes then it will choose whatever is set for that session. Well done in particular for not jump-starting the lights! As for the gears problem I have no idea wht cause that! See you at the next one.

Quote from: Blackheart on March 02, 2016, 09:03:44 PM
the game is minimized three times, impossible play in this way, every time I had to click again on the icon with the mouse, and the bike left the road. Bad.

What the hell was that all about then ? Some background tasks running? I assumed you had broken engine and then guess what....I broke my engine 3 corners from end of last lap.  ::)
i've tryed earlier it was ok .. no problem , it's always like this ^^ i've always a problem and can't raceee

Napalm Nick

Don't lose heart we will get you in the next one I promise!