• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 06:12:35 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GPB Online Racing Skins

Started by doubledragoncc, March 02, 2016, 12:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

Hi Guys.

So with the problem that the 990 seems to have a limited number of skins depending on each persons computer system, we need a way to ensure we all have the right paint files when racing online to fully enjoy that personal feeling during online racing.

I think if we all do a bit more work and actually ensure we the user organizes and ensures we have the paints we need. Many paints are no longer used and take up space in a bikes paint folder. When as with the 990 this causes core crashes, we need to organize our own folders depending on our own limits in GPB.

THUS..............I think it would be an idea to start making it that EACH PERSON has a paint folder where they have in the right folders(if the paint name does not show what it is for) their personal paints. They simply leave the download link on a certain page for all to download as they need them. At the same time the fantastic matty can add them to the paint database.

By using personal folders as apposed to just a bike or helmet class, it will allow us all to have the correct paints we need and get rid of the ones that are out of date and/or are not used. This will ensure no stock paints in online racing and reduce core crashes with the 990.

Even if there is an amount over that of which you can have in your bikes paint folder, when you know who is in an online race, you only need to have their paints and personal paint folders will make this easier to do.

Please let me know what you think so we can organize to do this with guidelines to make it easier for all to do.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Appreciate you trying to come up with a procedure to get competitors to install all event rider/bike/helmet skins...... I personally only like to install event skin packs - Like the GPBOC used to have a Club skin pack. It's only one download and these skin paks can be created from Matty's paints database for the event participants; all it takes is for someone to put the skin pac together.  :)

But no I don't install all bike paints, especially as some skin creators go way over the top and produce skins that are 10 - 15 MB in size which is a total nonsense as far as I'm concerned and not needed at all.

But skin paks are the way to go in my opinion otherwise we've got to download from separate links to get all the event rider skins, and I just don't think riders will bother to do that.

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

Yeah well if people cant be bothered to put a little effort into making GPB what it can be they should at least refrain from bitchin when their system cores lol.

I do know what you mean bro. I was just trying to give some positive input to help.

Well I am still watching Fastest, thanks for the link, oh bugger theres a link to the untouchables and I only have U2 lol. I NEED to practice for the race. At least I fixed my upshift problem woohoo no more double upshifts.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 02, 2016, 01:55:08 PM
Yeah well if people cant be bothered to put a little effort into making GPB what it can be they should at least refrain from bitchin when their system cores lol.

I do know what you mean bro. I was just trying to give some positive input to help.

Well I am still watching Fastest, thanks for the link, oh bugger theres a link to the untouchables and I only have U2 lol. I NEED to practice for the race. At least I fixed my upshift problem woohoo no more double upshifts.

DD

Sorry about the negativity in my last post, but just telling it how it is my friend.  ;D

If you could put an event skin pak together for us from the list of riders participating then I'd be happy to download and install it.  I've already got some of the rider skins installed already. ;D

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

March 02, 2016, 02:11:29 PM #4 Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 02:14:10 PM by doubledragoncc
Yeah that would be great but not ALL the skins riders are using has their name on it so you dont know which it is without going through ALL the skins one by one!!! AND then you still dont know if its actual name of the file is the same?

Only way to make a skin pack that works is that everyone has to say, "These are my Paints I use NOW" and give a link to downlload them so I can do that.

Thats the problem. If everyone would post their actual paints they use now on this thread I could compile an organized folder for all to download from my dropbox or matty's database

DD

DD

Hawk

I'll start it off:

Rider: Hawk
Skin: HGP Hawk_UK 7 Leathers

Bike: Varase 500cc
Skin: Hawk_Racing_UK_500cc

Helmet: Shark Race-R Pro
Skin: Hawk_UK Helmet #7

doubledragoncc

I actually meant a link to download them too. It will mean they are all current and stop any mistakes by me lol. Also I may not have the paints for that bike and have to find them and download them and might get something wrong.

DD

BUT your info is better than nothing so thanks

Napalm Nick

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 02, 2016, 02:11:29 PM

Only way to make a skin pack that works is that everyone has to say, "These are my Paints I use NOW" and give a link to downlload them so I can do that.

DD

And there you have the problem me old mate.

Asked many, many times, even threatened exclusion from events and people just will not do it for a variety of reasons. But we will get the skin pack idea running again, at least most people understand it. Not for tonight though I am hoping this event gets a smooth launch after recent shenanegins.

As for your per-person paint pack I think it is a great idea but I pretty much guarantee most casual players wont take the time to understand it, unfortunately.  :(

The good news is our very own Matty has been compiling the skinpacks so hopefully we can meet his monetary demands again this year.  :D

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

March 02, 2016, 02:33:37 PM #8 Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 02:40:24 PM by doubledragoncc
Well it helped me find I dont have Hawks bike or helmet skin already!!!

This is more to do with the 990 issue to try and minimize core crashes by having unwanted skins taking space in the folder.

But it will help organize things a bit maybe

DD

-aGy-

i dont have time or will to mess with paints. i download paints and but it on proper folders thats it. if its not enough there is something that piboso have to do. i dont care if everybody is driving same paint but of course its better if everybody has own paint.by the way why my varese paint is not on the paint pack...?i uploaded it couple months ago. one upload should be enough.

doubledragoncc

matty has to put your paint on the database. You dont upload it directly yourself.

Make a link for him to download it so he can do this

DD

Napalm Nick

There you go - one of the 'variety of reasons' I talked about.

Funny how there is also a complaint that someone else hasn't taken the time to organise (mess with) all the paints for us, explain what to do,  take another one randomly uploaded somewhere and add it to a database though. Isn't it? Humans never cease to amaze me with how they view the world.

Maybe he couldn't be arsed either? .
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 02, 2016, 02:29:50 PM
I actually meant a link to download them too. It will mean they are all current and stop any mistakes by me lol. Also I may not have the paints for that bike and have to find them and download them and might get something wrong.

DD

BUT your info is better than nothing so thanks

You have to make it easy for riders, that's just the way it is from my experience in trying to get competitors to install all particular event competitor skins.... You have to make it easy for them or most just won't do it. I know because I used to compile event skin paks for races. It's more work than people realise.  :)

So unfortunately that means that if we want to do this for this event then you'll have to do most of the work to compile all the skins and that means referencing and compiling the skin pak yourself from the skin info given by riders and then posting the download link for the event skin pak.  :)

Again, sorry for the bluntness DD, but that's just the way it works my old mate.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

March 02, 2016, 03:17:25 PM #13 Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 03:20:42 PM by doubledragoncc
No problem Hawk, you forgot your 990 and any other skin names but at least I will be able to know its you now lol.

DD

I will do my best to compile what I can okay with or without help lol

I need to actually see online who uses what, watch a replay, match the paint in GPB and create a folder with the right set of paints, easy peasy lol

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 02, 2016, 03:11:04 PM
There you go - one of the 'variety of reasons' I talked about.

Funny how there is also a complaint that someone else hasn't taken the time to organise (mess with) all the paints for us, explain what to do,  take another one randomly uploaded somewhere and add it to a database though. Isn't it? Humans never cease to amaze me with how they view the world.

Maybe he couldn't be arsed either? .

Lol... +1 Nick! Hehe ;D

You sure have to be selfless with a cause to organise events as I'm sure you know. Hehe  ;D 8)