• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:32:40 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

IASystems Hs2 StreetFighter system

Started by doubledragoncc, March 15, 2016, 09:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

Heres a scale pic Nick.

All parts are made of ABS and some are reinforced with steel or ali where needed. There gears are really long lasting. I have used the same set for a year and it is hardly woorn as the whole system has been designed to not have much wear and tare on its components. The gears are very strong in fact. You would be surprised at the strength of ABS when it is designed right. All rotating parts run on bearings except the foot control levers.

I can supply parts so you can build some parts, but some of it MUST be made by me only or it might not work right. I used to be the Dealer for Mirage Countach in Germany and Holland and decided to not allow customers to build their own cars as it would damage the reputation of a good product, my systems are the same. I can not guarantee that someone else does it correctly and not break parts due to incorrect build quality. I have to think it over to what degree I do it as it would mean writing a frickin instruction manual which I do NOT want to have to do, I hate that shit. I can tell you by speaking but writing it down sucks kangaroo balls.

I can however say if you supply the bike parts it is okay as long as they have certain specs.

I really do not want to give out my plans in any way but I want to help as much as I can.

Best bet is to email me directly, not PM me here.

And if I sell a system to someone here, I have to figure out about a donation to Piboso, its only fair we help each other.

DD 
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

matty0l215

Sorry, i was referring to JUST this piece -

Of course anything that have detailed mechanics need to be made by you :P

I'll email in the near future :)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

doubledragoncc

Yep the desktop frame is one part you can make but it has to be done to certain specs for taking the SPSS steering head and hold the USB board.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

Sweet thanks for info and scale phots helps a lot. I mean I presumed they were bigger but was also sure they were smaller than I thought lol. Unless that Rolex is the Jolly Green Giants of course. Cheers!
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

matty0l215

Quote from: doubledragoncc on April 07, 2016, 08:19:45 PM
Yep the desktop frame is one part you can make but it has to be done to certain specs for taking the SPSS steering head and hold the USB board.

DD

I've emailed you mate :)

doubledragoncc

All gears are MOD 1 for strength. I tried 0.8 MOD but it was a bit too fine. MOD 1 is perfect. Naturally using gears means that ALL analog axis are tune able too.

FYI, the custom gears for steering and MTE units that are not round would cost over £300 each to have made due to special tooling. The small gears the same size for RC cars cost £7 a pop and none have the right shaft hole so 3D printing saved me a fortune.

DD

Napalm Nick

Nice!

Now I hope you don't mind with the questions (hey I'm interested) but did you try your bars (at the design stage) on top of the spindle rather than under the spindle. What am I on about? Hard to explain, bear with me, the actual handlebars in your vids are below the rotating pivot point that they drive. Wondering why that was that choice. To me ( a twat at the best of times) having them above the pivot would give a' leaning' feel and below gives a 'swinging' feel. Both pretty accurate I would of thought, but my question is why did you choose the below pivot idea over above?  ??? Flip a coin or engineers choice?
:)

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

matty0l215

Quote from: Napalm Nick on April 07, 2016, 09:02:44 PM
Nice!

Now I hope you don't mind with the questions (hey I'm interested) but did you try your bars (at the design stage) on top of the spindle rather than under the spindle. What am I on about? Hard to explain, bear with me, the actual handlebars in your vids are below the rotating pivot point that they drive. Wondering why that was that choice. To me ( a twat at the best of times) having them above the pivot would give a' leaning' feel and below gives a 'swinging' feel. Both pretty accurate I would of thought, but my question is why did you choose the below pivot idea over above?  ??? Flip a coin or engineers choice?
:)

I might be able to awnser this one :P

Its to give the feeling of counterstering and leaning off the bike if im not mistaken :)

Imagine only having one arse cheek on the seat with your knee down, your upper body shouldn't be in line with the handle bars, it's off to the side you are leaning too. (Unless you are really shit at riding :P)

doubledragoncc

Engineers choice and riders too. It is hard to explain but basically if it was over the axis, undue stresses would be exerted on certain parts, the system would not be naturally self centering, and it would feel like shit!!! Or I should say it DOES feel like shit as I have tried every possible way bro.

Now to the reality of what the system is and where it is being used. Everyone, and I do mean everyone makes the mistake of saying that a simulation control has to fuction technically like in real life, WRONG. If a system was to function like a real bike in real life while sitting still in a room you will physically damage your muscles due to unnatural movements as you are NOT riding a bike. I could go on for hours and people still would not get it. To do this right, you have to do it WRONG because you have to be practical.

Take my clutch and brake pressures to use them. It all well and good for riding a real bike as you are moving about far more and the actual hydraulics of the brake system help take the work out of braking, but on a simulator where someone will spend far more time and for longer periods of time and the movement is more as it is not hydraulic unless you got big bucks, it will give you hand cramps pretty quick if the pressure is too much. I therefore use springs that take less strength to use as it allows for longer periods of riding without cramp. Also the system must work for ALL not just one person. If you want more pressure just change the springs!!!

The SPSS or Southern Pendulum Steering System allows you to sit 100% naturally and also move naturally. Your hands, wrists, arms, shoulders, neck and back can all be natural and move naturally.  As the movement is natural to that of riding on a real bike, it gives a far more immersive feeling.

NFFB or Natural Force Feedback is used by my system as you HAVE to move with the controller in order to use it. Where as on a wheel system with FFB which uses a motor to move the wheel and then just your arms, the Hs2 SPSS steering MAKES you move your WHOLE upper body as you use the system. On my sit on systems with full race bodies and gas tank you will actually find yourself leaning half off the unit as you take a corner lent over.

IF the bars were above the axis, you would find yourself fighting to bring the bars back over from one side to the other, it feels wrong and would cause sever neck ache pretty quick as well as other muscles.

I hope this clears a few points up. Sorry but I am shite at explaining this in writing, I need to speak about it lol

DD

doubledragoncc

Opps forgot an important one............................

LEAN ANGLE

I have reduced the desktop system to 30 degrees each side as it is bloody impossible to use 60 plus degrees sitting on a couch. AND it hurts!!!

On the sit-on systems a full 60 degrees each side is okay but not when your sitting on a stool, seat or couch. No frickin way matey. Your hands end up at your furkin ankles and its like a frickin  yoga workout!!!

On the sit-on system you will actually workup a sweat after half an hour of hard riding.

DD

Napalm Nick

Especially when covered in cream  8)

Cool answers thanks. The natural centering/natural FFB point particularly floated my boat. The natural movement and ass cheek leaning it induces also. Not too sure about a counter steering feel but maybe. Need to sit on it and feel it!

doubledragoncc

Easiest way to look at the steering is to think about how you are on a real bike it is simple. if the bike is leaning to the right, that side of the bar is also lent to the right, same with my system. So in 1st person, what you see on screen is what you feel in movement and how the bars look.

To get the bars to lean down on the right, you are actually pushing the tip of the bar left ( I need to make a demo video) it feels 100% natural!!! You are also steering with your whole body as you dont just use your hand, you are actually using your arms together with your back, poo this is hard for me to write lol.

Basically, it just feels right without thinking about it. I never have to think about actually steering, I lean with the bike on screen.

With luck one of you besides CDX will have a go on one and can then write about it better than I can lol.

DD

Meyer#12

All sounds pretty amazing to me!! Can't wait to get to try one of those!

To me this seems like one of the most thought through "controllers" i have ever seen or heard about (besides the flight, ship and F1 simulators that cost millions of millions). On the videos it looks great and it looks like the movements are right and i do believe that you would by nature use your whole body, i even do that sitting with a xbox controller so having a real handlebar that would need the movement would be great! Maybe one day it will be all the GPBikes races is for people with your system only, that would be truly amazing!

The sit on version you are talking about sounds mighty impressive! I know you can never really get 100% simulation of riding a real bike, since that depends on many different things such as wieght distribution on bike, you movement on the bike etc. Etc. But this sounds pretty close :)

Really looking forward to follow this project! Keep up the amazing work bro!  :D
Meyer#12

doubledragoncc

Thanks guys, positive feedback helps. I is far from perfect, but cost is the big problem to fight.

DD

grimm

Quote from: doubledragoncc on April 07, 2016, 08:08:45 PM
I really do not want to give out my plans in any way but I want to help as much as I can.

Quite some time ago when the computer was going to be sold I made sure to wipe the disk clean that had all the stuff you had on there. Otherwise I would have offered it when you posted about loosing everything. Didn't want the technology/development to get into the wrong hands or end up passed around for free as you were still working your hardest on getting this off the ground.

Quote from: doubledragoncc on April 07, 2016, 11:16:26 PM

With luck one of you besides CDX will have a go on one and can then write about it better than I can lol.

DD

I'll grab my GoPro from my brothers house and the head tracking setup I have, as well as the controller built from your specs. I'll see about a "helmet cam at the desk" video to give an idea of how it looks running some laps. :)