• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Beta 8 Event 7 | Aragon Schmaragon | WINNER - DAVIDE74 | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, March 22, 2016, 05:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Re-Run this Race Wednesday evening? Full race

I am in! Yeh baby woohooo! Hose me down my loins are on fire!
11 (64.7%)
I cant make it sorry,  Count me out ;-(
6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Napalm Nick

March 27, 2016, 10:15:05 PM #120 Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 10:16:57 PM by Napalm Nick
Quote from: Tommaso Levato on March 27, 2016, 10:06:00 PM
Awesome. I am interested what size it is. My server gives me a file of 690Mb and only 2 minutes of action????? HuH? ???

Actually Nick, the file you posted is 10 MB (5 zipped), not 690 (and by the way, 10 MB or so is 2 minutes (I checked it), so 690 would be 2 hours like we expected!)

Interesting, thanks, it is 689Mb on the server but something must of happened in the transfer, zipping and Drop-boxing! Very strange never had these problems before but I will look into it tomorrow. Thx for spotting that!

Groovy - yes mate that lowside corner bump needs a steam roller on it . Please for the sake of our sanity can it be smoothed out!
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 27, 2016, 10:00:40 PM
Quote from: Tommaso Levato on March 27, 2016, 09:54:32 PM
I had a fantastic race, managing not to crash during the entire race. Congratulations to everyone, see you next time!

No crashes????!!! Are you scared of them or something?? What kind or racer are you man? lol  ;D Well done Tommaso I am hyper-jealous.  ;)

Hawk - I have no idea what is going on with replays anymore lol Thanks for info And well done for getting it thanks!

Yeah... Well done Tommaso, it takes a lot of race management to not crash during a race especially a 24 lapper were your concentration can easily lapse in the mid to latter stages.... I love the long races... Bring em on!  ;D

@Nick: Since setting mine at 700MB I have not had any problem recording the replays, though I'm thinking of putting it up to 1000MB for these longer races, after all, some GP's are 32 laps I believe? I hope we can have a 32 lapper sometime when we have everybody trained up to do the longer races. I must admit, I was struggling with my concentration and battling severe front tyre wear in the latter stages.... Also had me breaking out in a sweat too(that's never happened before!). Hehe  ;D

But I had a good race. The dreaded 10th corner got me twice(I'm going to have to fix that) and I flipped the bike over when trying to look were I was on Max's dynamic map! Haha!!  ;D ;D
I thought Finpower had me in the latter stages after I crashed but I managed to catch him up again and very nearly followed him off the track on the tight 7th corner on the last lap(bad luck mate. Was it fatigue?), but we seemed to swap places on several occasions during the race... Nice one Fin, enjoyed those little battles!  ;) 8)

Congrats to Davide for the win and , Tommaso and nouvaic for the podium spots... Great racing and well done guys!  ;D 8)

Hawk.
PS: I'm all for an Aragon re-run too but would like the 24 lapper again. Lol  ;D :P :-X

Hawk

Napalm Nick

The servers are great they have had to record 1.5Gb replays before with no problem but this time I think something has gone wrong with the transfer process to the forum lol. Tomorrow I will find out.

I think 24 laps was about the maximum for this fuel tank burning 0.85 litre/lap.  As I blew the engine (I went off track and over-revved on the grass coming back on) I didn't get to see how much fuel and tyres were left.

I also had stupid fall looking back and missing a wheelie that went skybound.

Grooveski - do you use the proximity radar? That is a great help to overcome the rubbish sound levels from other bikes. (MaxHUG)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Grooveski

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 27, 2016, 10:30:55 PM
Grooveski - do you use the proximity radar? That is a great help to overcome the rubbish sound levels from other bikes. (MaxHUG)

That was supposed to be last week's addition and I regretted not getting around to it.  :(
But then I didn't get around to it because I done a couple of hundred laps of Aragon, and don't regret a second of that.   :)

Hawk

I seem to remember we had a race were we had to manage the fuel because the race was that many laps that the tank couldn't hold enough fuel going flat-out all the time.... It added a great strategy element that I thought it was great!  ;D

Was it Boren or you Nick that thought of that race?..... Really enjoyed it myself.  ;D 8)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

Hi, thanks for the replay Hawky.

Nick my buffer was set to 480 as anything more I get a core trying to get onto Imola offline!!!

My replay was for last 6 mins of the race only.

WTF is with the inconsistency of recording in GPB now. It has never been like this before for me. Same with core because of buffer size, only in beta8!!!

Grooveski, yep you got me dude lol, aint no problem, I spent so much time on my ass this race its embarrassing lol. Just not my weekend lol.

I think next time its a long race I will swallow a pack of muscle relaxers and painkillers with me beer lol................................When I was a boy................

HEHE

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Grooveski

March 27, 2016, 10:40:36 PM #127 Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 10:45:07 PM by Grooveski
Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 27, 2016, 10:15:05 PM
Groovy - yes mate that lowside corner bump needs a steam roller on it . Please for the sake of our sanity can it be smoothed out!

It wasn't the bump that was getting me.

....that is, the bump got me any time I went near it so I'd taken to diving up the inside of it on the brakes then feathering through the rest of the corner.  Slow but felt safe.
At the feathering bit though my fairing was grinding the deck with a full tank.  In the early laps I took it real easy and it was fine but the very first time I thought I could push it a little....
Phewy!
>:(
But yeah, that sonofabitch need flattened out big-time.  It may exist in the model I gave Hawk too.  While it has more polys they're just a result of the welding.  I don't know if that bit was subpatched.
Don't remember a bump being a problem in our races there though, so it may already been tweaked.

Grooveski

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 27, 2016, 10:39:43 PM
Grooveski, yep you got me dude lol, aint no problem, I spent so much time on my ass this race its embarrassing lol. Just not my weekend lol.

Dammit, sorry!   :-[
I was going to hold off until after the tight bit but you drifted out and the gap looked so big and juicy...
...until I was in it.   ;D

Meyer#12

March 27, 2016, 10:45:39 PM #129 Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 10:51:06 PM by Meyer#12
I sure remember that too Hawky! It was with the Murasama, had to change engine mode to make sure you had enough fuel and manage the fuel with letting for earlier of throttle and stuff ;) was it the Monza race with Mura?? I recall someone winning after lags and game PC going to Desktop by just doing steady laps all race lol :D

Edit: nah, i remember being helped by other riders crashes too, was so scared in front that race lol
Meyer#12

doubledragoncc

Hey Grooveski aint no biggy dude I got hit first 3 laps in a row lol. I am slower so its more my fault. I was so wankered and in pain nearly didnt race at all.

I am just glad you didnt come off too.

DD

PS Can we have an old farts 1 lap race lol......................just furkin kiddin lol
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

PeterV

thx for organizing yet again Nick and Matty.

@ DD sorry for youre crash, i was close too you and suddenly you disappeared and appeared again, causing me too hit you.
I never know where you will go on track, you always seem to be spooked when someone gets close, causing me to be extra carefull.

After that a couple of falls as usual and lost the will too finish it. so i quit.

Grats to all for a good race, enjoyed watching live and seeing some good battles.

nuovaic

Yep, I know that feeling Peter. Like all the fire in your belly just been doused :(.
Certainly was a hard track to do a long race on, a few areas on the track needed special care, but I know from practice that with other riders around you it's not always easy to get the line that keeps you out of trouble. Guess I got lucky in that respect, almost the entire race on me own, but still managed 3 crashes. Broke me joystick slamming it down in a fit after that last lap crash :-[.
I am Sorry for Toomes and Meyer also, kept seeing the connecting / disconnecting thing, it would have been good to see these 2 rockets in the mix.

Can we have an easier race next please ;)

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Hawk on March 27, 2016, 10:38:01 PM
I seem to remember we had a race were we had to manage the fuel because the race was that many laps that the tank couldn't hold enough fuel going flat-out all the time.... It added a great strategy element that I thought it was great!  ;D

Was it Boren or you Nick that thought of that race?..... Really enjoyed it myself.  ;D 8)

Hawk.

Yeh I have lots of ideas but they usually get lost in translation, I remember no-one really understood the idea of fuel conservation using the different engine modes or by changing the drivetrain or by riding differently. Have to keep coming back to 'simple' stuff especially with the netcode and core problems.

All those ideas for the dynamic weather and track, 3 day events, endurance stuff, its all waiting behind the netcode and core fix.  ::)

Meyer#12

I remember enjoying the fuel consumption race a lot! It was nice with a twist! And the Mura on Monza was great fun! :)

Well as i said earlier, i am up for pretty much anything, but rather something i am fast at, so i can get a good comeback after the last S80 races at Mantorp and now this haha :D
Meyer#12