• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:18:58 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

TT game announced...

Started by davidboda46, April 14, 2016, 08:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: PiBoSo on September 26, 2017, 01:46:35 PM

LOL: http://www.bsimracing.com/tt-isle-of-man-ride-on-the-edge-game-delayed/

Bike physics ain't easy, uh?  :P
You got it wrong. It was too hardcore, they need to simplify it a fair bit before going to the market :)

matty0l215

Jesus, are they planning a TT 2018 Release :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Napalm Nick

Quote from: teeds on September 26, 2017, 01:50:21 PM
Missing bike physics has never stopped them before though, I wonder what changed?  ???  ;D

I think every comment under every press release was "i hope the physics is good and not more arcade crud". Perhaps they noticed. 
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

KG_03

Im happy with this change of date. Still cant wait to get final game and I hope that they will release a DLC with more tracks other than Mountain Course. Single IoM TT track will be boring after some time. I suppose from the videos that are already in youtube that the whole IoM track will be divided into segments, and player will be able to ride whole track and only a part of it. Will see. Ah! And they said there will be sidecars :-D

Davide74

I'd rather wait to have some bad physics.

The circuit looks great.

Manu

September 26, 2017, 07:05:40 PM #110 Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 07:08:10 PM by Manu
When these bikes and IOM track put on GP Bikes will no longer be so arcade.  ;D
It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

KG_03

September 26, 2017, 07:18:22 PM #111 Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 07:20:01 PM by KG13
Honestly after playing GP-Bikes for a longer time I start to be less enthusiatic with simulation physics for wide audience motorcycle racing games. Don't understand me wrong. Since I bought my first motorcycle games (old Superbikes Challange by Milestone) I wanted more and more realistic physics, but recently I have noticed how frustrating can be crashing all the time after smaller mistakes - this leads to dead multiplayer lobbies and playing offline is boring after some time. More over riding motorcycle is more based on all senses and a gamepad or steering wheel is not enough to make it realistic (DD I really look forward to a motorcycle handlebar) There arent many ppl like me and you guys who are stubborn enough to spend time and practice one track over and over to perfection. As I see from playing motorcycle games for past few years ppl who look for immersion or realism in motorcycle group are in a very small group. From my long friends at steam list there are only 4 who play onboard without any assists. And unfortunately companies need to earn money, also because to buy official licences. So I am very very happy that PiBoSo is making GP Bikes and I will support it as long as possible.
However I still expect from developers to give more realism to their games and offer wide array of help and options but as we can see making a physics properly takes a lot of time.  I am big opponent to disabling the lowsides that are supper grippy grass that is very common in all recent motorcycle games I have played ... except GP Bikes of course :)

doubledragoncc

November 28, 2017, 10:52:45 AM #112 Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 10:59:37 AM by doubledragoncc
This hurn me eyes, I too old for this lol

https://www.youtube.com/v/r-ryv0K0_PA

Some of the bikes:

https://www.youtube.com/v/3rK7Uv4Kb_g

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

KG_03

They still have 4 mibths to improve the physics. As soneone said at steam platform forum the physics were criticised by John MacGuinnes. The game didnt represent the thrill of riding IoM TT and it was the reason why developers postoponed the release date. If its true... I dont know but from what I see on the video the physics didnt change since the last video from Gamescom 2017.

Harrytmj66

It looks absolutely beautiful. I have heard they are going to fill it with non real tracks :(

I can understand that they don't want to take away the shine of the TT course but surely they could have added a few British tracks for you to race as well, very much like the real TT riders do go and race at BSB before the TT to get used to the bikes.

Napalm Nick

I'm still stoked for it. Once the track is learnt, trying to shave seconds off will be pretty fun I think.  8)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

KG_03

Quote from: Guiga on November 29, 2017, 11:44:25 PM
The bikes and riders look out of scale, a bit too big. Compared to the houses and even the road width, unless they only drive Smart cars in Ireland, those roads IN THE GAME don't fit two sedans.
I think it is because of wide FOV that changes the perspective.

KG_03

December 02, 2017, 03:24:02 PM #118 Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 03:31:04 PM by KG13
I found new video posted 5 days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSWo_wBhPuk

I know it won't be as realistic as GP Bikes. But I like a lot the engine sounds, sense of speed and graphics of course!. The onboard camera is looking like gyrocam on a tank :-( Don't really like lack of headshake depending on speed and wide FOV. I hope it will be as an option.

And here is an interview with developer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94MP1UoN6Mw\

not sure from what time the cut scene videos are but it looks like the FOV is wider. So maybe there will be changable FOV eventually.

PiBoSo

"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".