• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

TT game announced...

Started by davidboda46, April 14, 2016, 08:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: davidboda46 on March 06, 2018, 10:07:11 AM
I think, the day I actually get a reply from a non independent studio, I will start to believe in Santa... But when I worked as a game reviewer I got blacklisted by Lucas Arts, so at least I know they read reviews... (a gold star for the person who correctly guesses what game I gave a bad score to when I got put on their blacklist).
If I recall correctly, an official rep did answer on reddit to a user complaining about Battlefront 2 ... it didn't exactly end well :)

Vini

Quote from: Grooveski on March 06, 2018, 12:00:38 AMI've been kicking the ass out of wee h's Nordy conversion for a good year or so now and regularly knock an unfeasible amount of time off the lap.  ???
...like - how was I ever so slow before?   ::)
...but it's taken all that time and half a dozen different bikes for it to sink in.   ;)
Let me know when you want to do some practicing. Would be nice to have somebody to race the Ring with.

KG_03

Ok...I get it...bad reviews = no more games to test and to review?
Am I right David?

h106frp

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 06, 2018, 01:48:00 AM
OMFG this shows how bad the so called physics are!!!

Please make a real one Piboso..................

Big Ben should be called Bad Bikers lol

DD

So beautiful but so disappointing, Mario Kart has more believable physics  :(

The developer should not be allowed to use the word simulation anywhere to describe this -  its just another racing running game app with motorcycles.

davidboda46

March 06, 2018, 01:54:46 PM #244 Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 01:58:42 PM by davidboda46
Quote from: KG_03 on March 06, 2018, 11:41:56 AM
Ok...I get it...bad reviews = no more games to test and to review?
Am I right David?

Yes, that is correct. I never received another review copy from Lucas Arts after that, my colleagues did... My peace of shit editor also raised the game's score from 3 to 6 (out of 10) but left my name in the review. I was on vacation and did not now it had happened until I was back and saw the magazine (yes, this was in the age of print media). Also noteworthy that Lucas Arts had bought ads for the game in that issue... you draw your own conclusion. I told my editor that if he ever changed a review I've written without removing my name I will beat the crap out of him. I was fired a week after... Worked at other magazines as a game reviewer after that but Lucas Arts still did not remove me from the black list. Used to ask my colleagues from my previous magazine to lend me their copy when they were done with their review...   

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46 
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

MultiCOOLFRESH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVN6T4qoQJY

Wow, the 2-stroke shoots flames...  :-X :o ???

The developers do not have the slightest clue how 2-strokes or bikes work ;D

MCF
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

Davide74

2t retention explosions? lol!!

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: Davide74 on March 06, 2018, 03:33:20 PM
2t retention explosions? lol!!

??? What do you mean, the language barrier strikes again :D

MCF

Hawk

Quote from: h106frp on March 06, 2018, 01:27:37 PM
Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 06, 2018, 01:48:00 AM
OMFG this shows how bad the so called physics are!!!

Please make a real one Piboso..................

Big Ben should be called Bad Bikers lol

DD

So beautiful but so disappointing, Mario Kart has more believable physics  :(

The developer should not be allowed to use the word simulation anywhere to describe this -  its just another racing running game app with motorcycles.

+1 mate..... It's a piss-take for a simulation and only good for those that value eye-candy as the highest priority above all else, otherwise it wouldn't get bought it's so poor.  :)

But I've no doubt the track and the bikes will make there way into GPBikes soon enough. Lol. Though I think the track will be a tough nut to crack with all the data involved. :-\

matty0l215

https://www.youtube.com/v/s5VtylveAZI

GrT just put up a lap.

Is it just me or does the engine sound awful??
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Meyer#12

Just got the game for the xbox today and have been having a bit of fun.

It is not a sim at all! But i was surprised how much fun it actually was despite the bad physics.

The game looks very nice and despite a little few bikes (2016 bikes only) and few tracks, i think you can still get a few hours out of it.

But at times the physics can be really a pain in the ass! The rear will spins out very oddly and especially under braking, you will have a lot of very weird rear wheel spins.
Also over bumps, if you go a bit fast or sideways, the bike will spin out of control.

But yeah, bad physics, good looking game and you can have some fun with it. Takes a bit of time to get used to the way the bike rides.
Meyer#12

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: Meyer#12 on March 06, 2018, 06:18:45 PM
Just got the game for the xbox today and have been having a bit of fun.

It is not a sim at all! But i was surprised how much fun it actually was despite the bad physics.

The game looks very nice and despite a little few bikes (2016 bikes only) and few tracks, i think you can still get a few hours out of it.

But at times the physics can be really a pain in the ass! The rear will spins out very oddly and especially under braking, you will have a lot of very weird rear wheel spins.
Also over bumps, if you go a bit fast or sideways, the bike will spin out of control.

But yeah, bad physics, good looking game and you can have some fun with it. Takes a bit of time to get used to the way the bike rides.

Thx for the quick review. Lets see how this game develops over time and if they adjust the physiks :D

MCF

Meyer#12

Really hope for some adjustment! They have just posted on facebook that sidecars will come as a free DLC in may.

Let's see what happens!
Meyer#12

h106frp

To be honest, from the vids I cannot see any physics whatsoever to fix. Bike just appears to follow the terrain with some pre-rendered animations for certain steering/speed combinations

Meyer#12

Quote from: h106frp on March 06, 2018, 07:08:56 PM
To be honest, from the vids I cannot see any physics whatsoever to fix. Bike just appears to follow the terrain with some pre-rendered animations for certain steering/speed combinations

It feels a little better to play than to look at, but yeah, you are right, it feels like the wheels are in line all the time and when you slide, it is both wheels sliding etc. at points it feels horrible!

it is even worse handling than any of the milestone games, but you can still have fun, i wonder if it will get boring after 10, 20, 50 or how many hours it will take lol
Meyer#12