• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:28:46 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GPBOC Live Streming and New Servers

Started by doubledragoncc, May 12, 2016, 09:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

Yep, I was lucky to find it. I will make sure I keep an eye on it for the future. Wonder if it is only Windows 10 that does it?

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

PeterV

If you want people too come too you're server make it the GPOC1 server for a while ?
That way they have too use it, and you can test it, see how it performs ?
Just thinking out loud.

doubledragoncc

Peter, thanks for the idea but that is Nicks server. The servers have their order and should stay that way really. In the end, certain servers can then be designated for certain types of racing, practice and maybe a learners server to help the shy guys, I used to be one and know how it is.

Right now people need to practice for the race so its not important. There is no rush.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

nuovaic

Quote from: doubledragoncc on May 21, 2016, 09:16:23 AM
practice and maybe a learners server to help the shy guys, I used to be one and know how it is.
DD

I think you hit hit the head on the nail there DD.
It must be an intimidating step for some to join a race with seasoned riders. I do feel sorry for those that try and then fall foul of the starting procedure (mainly lining up on grid and not moving). It would be nice to have a server just for these guys to practice race procedure and etiquette. Maybe set a certain time (say Friday 8pm UK) advertise on forum  for wannabe racers to practice and then some of the regular guys can pop in and go through it all with them.
We need more racers!

Napalm Nick

This would fit in nicely with the 'initiation program' already talked about in little detail for new riders.

People must understand that every time a new rider comes to a race it brings huge risk to the enjoyment of others from not understanding the ethos and procedures and maybe even race craft. A quick bit of guidance beforehand would of been something I would of taken.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

I think it is why many dont race online. It also means those who are very serious about practice with good riders will not be hindered.

The more we can offer to encourage new people online the better it will get.

DD

Meyer#12

Had a few laps test, ping stayed nice and low, just as on Nicks servers.

No problems getting on or anything, so seem to work well, will be good to see how it works when more are online at same time :)
Meyer#12

doubledragoncc

doubledragoncc

May 23, 2016, 01:16:06 PM #54 Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 05:27:06 PM by doubledragoncc
Hi guys so this week from Thursday is a bit of a pain as I am having new windows fitted in my flat and it will cause havoc in my lil shithole lol. I will not be able to hard wire my internet to the computer as the cable will be in the way and dont want it to be a problem. As I will be wifi only I can not guarantee the best bandwidth. If it is too bad let me know.

I love The challenge of the corkscrew and its great to test new bikes lol.........................

So Duke it out at Laguna Seca between the 916 and the NR750.....................

Get ready to eat my gravelrash baby!!!

DD

Edit: I am in a painting mood and need to have some chill time so I might make up some club type paint set: Tell me your favorite color and number and it would make streaming a lot easier for such events. Thanks guys just trying to improve the personal side of GPB for us.

Napalm Nick

Meyer#12

YELLOW, HOT (MEYER) PINK, BLACK! :D and you know the number ;)
Meyer#12

Vini

Quote from: doubledragoncc on May 23, 2016, 01:16:06 PMEdit: I am in a painting mood and need to have some chill time so I might make up some club type paint set: Tell me your favorite color and number and it would make streaming a lot easier for such events. Thanks guys just trying to improve the personal side of GPB for us.
ok nice. dark blue, #8. if you feel like doing extra work, a sideways 8 on the sides of the fairing would be nice :D

Blackheart

Remember not to push too hard with NR750 0.6... or the engine will die  ;D

doubledragoncc

Thanks vin. I will get bikes done in order of those who post the info. Will be as quick as possible. I am working on the design so it will be of most use to advertise Piboso and GPB in particular.

Can I use the GPBOC club logo from the suit? Is there a png or flie you can send me to make it better and easier to use?

Thanks guys.

DD

EDIT: I have been studying streaming settings and how to's and am getting better. I definitely need to get the Elgato HD60S(USB3.0) external box to make this as it should be. To advertise Piboso and GPB the steams must be of the highest quality but also be able to be viewed by the largest audience. Software alone can not do this. We will need hardware and the HD60S is the best and cheapest way to go. I will try to save as quickly as I can the money for it but any donations would really help.

Here is the info for those who dont know the product and the cheapest and safest price to date: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elgato-Game-Capture-HD60-S-1080p-60-FPS-USB-3-0-BRAND-NEW-FREE-SHIPPING-/282043720299?hash=item41ab1da26b:g:VqsAAOSw9k5XPnTV

Please let me know your thoughts on this as it is a club purchase and those who support and donate have a right to a decision.

Thanks DD