• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:53:16 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Cold Turkey Slaughter

Started by PeterV, December 22, 2013, 12:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arvoss

Quote from: Hawk_UK on December 30, 2013, 12:37:17 PM
I didn't have a great race personally speaking... With so many riders on track I realised I need a major hardware upgrade(Screen staggering it's tits off!). Overall however, it was a great night racing, especially as there were no Core.exe crashes as far as I know. I went through practice sessions and several warm up and sighting laps + the race itself with no problems.

Thanks Peter for organising a great event! ;D 8)

PS: Still cannot open the 280MB replay file you posted Peter; just keeps core.exe crashing. :( Can't wait for the smaller race only file ;D
Replay works fine here ;) Recorded some things in slow motion ;)

Arvoss

Can someone add track camera's??? PLEASE!!! :D I think we can use new camera's in replays. That would be useful to make a highlight video ;)

Hawk

Quote from: Arvoss on December 30, 2013, 01:39:01 PM
Can someone add track camera's??? PLEASE!!! :D I think we can use new camera's in replays. That would be useful to make a highlight video ;)

+1
I agree! ;)

Plus, when track cameras are added, please don't try to be the next Steven Speilberg by attempting to be clever with camera positions; just position them either as a spectator would view the track(from a spectators height and perspective), or as TV cameras would be positioned and operate. I see many authors attempting to be too clever with camera positions and it just doesn't work. LOL

Hawk

Quote from: Arvoss on December 30, 2013, 01:33:06 PM
Replay works fine here ;) Recorded some things in slow motion ;)

The 280MB replay file still core.exe's on me. Do I need to enlarge the replay buffer setting to be able to play this large file? Mine is set at the default setting.

Alone

Quote from: Klax75 on December 29, 2013, 11:06:06 PM
For me was the most horrible event. Some how I got out of phase, when qualifying hit. It stayed at 00:00 for about 20 minutes or longer. I did lap after lap nothing registered. Then it tells me to do sighting lap. I do, park the bike. Yet the other racers are racing buy like I'm not there. Then it kicks me saying I jumped the start. Then tells me do a sighting lap. I did it 4 time same resault. I kept a replay of what happened. All the counters are in the negatives.

That´s what I have all times when I was on a race with 3+guys. That´s the reason I´m not racing anymore...we, American players even can´t run, we have to wait a little more I guess

Hawk

Quote from: Alone on December 30, 2013, 03:00:11 PM
Quote from: Klax75 on December 29, 2013, 11:06:06 PM
For me was the most horrible event. Some how I got out of phase, when qualifying hit. It stayed at 00:00 for about 20 minutes or longer. I did lap after lap nothing registered. Then it tells me to do sighting lap. I do, park the bike. Yet the other racers are racing buy like I'm not there. Then it kicks me saying I jumped the start. Then tells me do a sighting lap. I did it 4 time same resault. I kept a replay of what happened. All the counters are in the negatives.

That´s what I have all times when I was on a race with 3+guys. That´s the reason I´m not racing anymore...we, American players even can´t run, we have to wait a little more I guess

What you guys need is for someone to setup a Gp Bikes server for the American side of the world, or someone setup a server here with a superfast connection? Not sure how it works myself.

Alone

December 30, 2013, 03:10:17 PM #81 Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 03:12:46 PM by Alone
We tried a superfast connection from europe and was the same. We need an american server.
But is cool to see that online works better, that left you organized a race and enjoy it  :D Also is better for us too (imagine my sundays with the src seasons lol)

Alby46

Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

Arvoss

Rendering my slow motion video! :D

PeterV

December 30, 2013, 04:29:57 PM #84 Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 05:28:46 PM by PeterV
1ST. Post Updated

Arvoss

December 30, 2013, 04:37:41 PM #85 Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 04:41:21 PM by Arvoss
Quote from: PeterV on December 30, 2013, 04:29:57 PM
1ST. Post Updated

Omg o_o Beautiful! :D Again, thank you for al this work! :D Apparently Stout and I had both number 6 :p

JamoZ

Yeah great race! I didn`t go into it very confident as i dislike the track and didn`t ride the 990 for a very long time (R6 ftw!), but i managed to stay cool and put in some good laps ;)

Thanks peter for planning and organizing this, great work on the result screenshots aswell :D

Arvoss

PeterV

Arvoss