• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:49:41 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Luis Salom :(

Started by Gzehoo, June 03, 2016, 03:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gzehoo

Vini

fuck

rip

does anybody know what happened?

Napalm Nick

Oh no Poor Luis  :'(

RIP .

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Boerenlater

Quote from: vin97 on June 03, 2016, 03:44:46 PM
fuck

rip

does anybody know what happened?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uML9T3vCEUY
Here is his accident, but it is hard to see. Looks really fast.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Hawk

Yeah...  Poor Luis.... Looks like he was really unlucky and followed his bike in skidding along the ground at high speed and collided with his own bike after it hit that barrier and stopped.  :(

RIP Luis!

Hawk

Blackheart

rip

Salom hit the motorcycle at a very high speed, this is what the Italian video says.

CapeDoctor

RIP.
was actually watching that free practice session live on telly, although there was no footage of the actual crash.
a sad day for the sport.

Warlock

RIP Luis

...that was an unlucky one  :'(

HornetMaX

Too sad :( I hate it even more when youngsters are involved.

This crash shows what it means to work on safety adapting the circuits to today's performances and risk acceptance.

BOBR6 84

Meyer#12

R.I.P Luis Salom #39!

A guy i will really miss in Moto2! This is just one of those freak accidents where there is nothing that could have helped..

Let's see how the weekend will go after change of layout to the F1 layout.
Meyer#12

Vini

HornetMaX

Always easy to see it after of course, but ... yeah, it was a potentially very dangerous spot.
Fast turn with not so much space before the barriers and, most important, no gravel between the track and the barriers (to slow down rider and bike), only flat asphalt: bad.

Vini

probably true but if i understood correctly, they will be using the f1 hairpin at the stadium section.

HornetMaX

Yes, which is kind of admitting that the spot was dangerous and that nobody (safety commission or whatever it's called) noticed that before the crash.