• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:53:40 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GP Bikes beta9

Started by PiBoSo, September 30, 2016, 07:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giorjoe

BOBR6 84

Beta9 after a few laps of victoria with the 990 is sweet as a nut!

TY very much  8)

Bike feels alive lol suspension works alot better and throttle/trigger response is nice nice! gonna do some more laps now  :)

Vini

Quote from: Blackheart on September 30, 2016, 10:09:37 PM
With the official bike I havent "rider-off" i tried on Spa. That corner it is in the vid?
it was suzuka and i haven't been able to replicate the bug on the mura.

some information for the modders on how to get rid of the bug would be great, piboso.

Hawk

Quote from: vin97 on October 01, 2016, 04:23:31 PM
Quote from: Hawk on October 01, 2016, 04:10:41 PMCurrent new respawn is exactly how it should be, brilliant!  ;D
except for the runaway bikes.

I've yet to test the checkline respawn after 3 secs of holding reset button, but if it does respawn onto the track surface(which I suspect it does) then why would we want that? That would be just as bad a respawn procedure as beta 8 was, and that would negate the new respawn procedure totally because everyone would want to get back on track as quick as possible?
But I agree, the runaway bike issue does need sorting, but certainly not at the expense of bikes respawning on track in front of other riders during a race surely?

Hawk.

Hawk

Quote from: vin97 on October 01, 2016, 04:39:07 PM
With the official bike I havent "rider-off" i tried on Spa. That corner it is in the vid?

some information for the modders on how to get rid of the bug would be great, piboso.

Have you checked the lean angle differences of the bikes? Just a thought off the top of my head, but the bike with rider jump-off maybe leaning at a greater angle than the one that doesn't?

Hawk.

Vini

Definitely wasn't more lean angle, it's the off camber beginning of the long left at Suzuka. Even if, the bike obviously still had traction and the rider's leg didn't even come close to clipping the bike/frame.

Quote from: Hawk on October 01, 2016, 04:42:54 PMBut I agree, the runaway bike issue does need sorting, but certainly not at the expense of bikes respawning on track in front of other riders during a race surely?
No but at the moment, the disadvantage of runaway bike outweighs the advantage of quicker (off-track) respawn in a race.

PiBoSo

Quote from: vin97 on October 01, 2016, 04:39:07 PM

In Beta9 the rider collision detection doesn't move with lean anymore.
The reference point is the rider mass. Could it be that in this mod the rider mass is too low?
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Hawk

I've just tested a track with the checklines/min/max lines and pitlane centreline: As suspected the 3 sec respawn function respawns the bikes back onto the track surface(Not good). Unless there is something I'm missing then I certainly shall not be updating tracks to include this function as it's use would totally negate the new beta 9 respawn function all together.

@Piboso: What exactly is the new Pitlane centrelines function in beta 9?

Hawk.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Hawk on October 01, 2016, 05:56:55 PM
@Piboso: What exactly is the new Pitlane centrelines function in beta 9?

Hawk.

So far it's unused.

Vini

October 01, 2016, 06:27:18 PM #54 Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 05:35:48 PM by vin97
gotten used to the rider now and i'd say that you can't get the rider to move back far enough under braking (while leaning him off the bike at the same time). i'm using a 360 controller, so no square input for the thumbsticks.

more importantly, though, the L/R lean behaves weirdly around the neutral/middle position.
the rider twists his body in the wrong direction when leaning (slightly) to one side (to the right in this pic):

I think the ass movement is causing this. When leaning to one side, it stays at the same position up to a certain point (as you can see in the pic) when in reality it's the first thing that moves (before the torso and head).
This would result in the torso pointing slightly to the left when the rider is leaning off the right side of the bike (the opposite is happening in GPB atm).

Syd

First impressions -
Overall, a big thumbs up for this release :)
I just had a short ride on each bike and all are enjoyable to ride, I get more of a feel of riding a real bike than in Beta 8.

Negatives so far;
1. Mura does have too much grip (to tc or aids). Even in wet. Possibly Varese too, I doubt I could get away with being rough with the throttle IRL on this bike. But it's not far off.
2. Bike crashing into trackside objects causes a core, offline, almost every other crash
3. 125 still has front end washout problem. Otherwise rides great. Maybe needs a little less maximum lean angle or increase tyre grip?

HornetMaX

Quote from: Steven on October 01, 2016, 03:35:40 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on October 01, 2016, 12:29:18 PM
As reported by others, the fact that if you stall the engine without falling then your only option is to go back to garage should be corrected.
I think min/max lines and the new checkpoint lines (http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=3565.msg63697#msg63697) have to be created for all the tracks to make this work as intended.
I don't think what you mention is related to the problem.

RaDiCaL

Great work...love the new riding style !
Keep it on !

r1rossi

When i crash on the bike in the game the game crashes completely. CORE

This is after fresh install of game.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Syd on October 01, 2016, 07:48:26 PM
1. Mura does have too much grip (to tc or aids). Even in wet. Possibly Varese too, I doubt I could get away with being rough with the throttle IRL on this bike. But it's not far off.

There were no changes in tyre grip or tyre physics.
The throttle mapping has been fixed, so there is now a lot less peak power in lower gears.