• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:09:05 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Isle Of Man

Started by Reactive, December 26, 2013, 11:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silja

So there it is Reactive! Time to continue. I wish you all the best!

Hawk

Quote from: PeterV on July 20, 2014, 06:06:38 PM
Garmin GPS data IOM 2013

>>> Garmin IOM 2013 <<<

included are:

Iomtrack2high.gpx (original route)
Iomtrack2high.csv (converted from .gpx)
Iomtrack2high.jpg (heightmap graphical)
Iomtrack2high.txt (track details)

Is there software that will use this data to adjust/create terrain/track surface? Or is it a case of taking this data and manually adjusting the track surface/terrain to the data listed in the files?

Hawk.

PeterV

yes there is its called Bobs Track Builder

You can load gps data into it like height data.

Im no expert on this, this is what i know off this one.

Hawk

Quote from: PeterV on July 21, 2014, 10:51:44 AM

Wow! Now that would take a lot of work out of the equation!  ;D ;D

Is the track surface created in "Bobs Track Builder" then exportable to another application like Maya for further tweaking and modeling? Hopefully in .fbx format?  ;D

Hawk.

PS: Anyone got a copy they could let me have? I'd like to investigate this "Bobs Track Builder".  ;D

matty0l215

Quote from: Hawk_UK on July 21, 2014, 11:23:56 AM

Is the track surface created in "Bobs Track Builder" then exportable to another application like Maya for further tweaking and modeling? Hopefully in .fbx format?  ;D

Hawk.

PS: Anyone got a copy they could let me have? I'd like to investigate this "Bobs Track Builder".  ;D

I've used btb in the past (though only the demo which is 14 days) and it is a really great tool for track building, but the only way to get it into 3ds max or such is to export using Directx format. (it exports straight to game format for rFactor, Richard Burns Rally, Race 07 and some others)

Guy over at http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/bobs-track-builder.162/ know a lot more (its the support forum)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

matty0l215

Just checked, there is no demo available at present  :-\

Hawk

Quote from: matty0l215 on July 21, 2014, 11:55:58 AM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on July 21, 2014, 11:23:56 AM

Hawk.

I've used btb in the past (though only the demo which is 14 days) and it is a really great tool for track building, but the only way to get it into 3ds max or such is to export using Directx format. (it exports straight to game format for rFactor, Richard Burns Rally, Race 07 and some others)

Guy over at http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/bobs-track-builder.162/ know a lot more (its the support forum)
Quote from: matty0l215 on July 21, 2014, 11:57:22 AM
Just checked, there is no demo available at present  :-\

Hi Matty.

Not sure if I can export it directly into Maya as I'm pretty sure Maya doesn't have a ".x" importer(but I'll have to check on that). But if it imports into Max as a ".x" file then I can export it as an ".fbx" for use in Maya, so that would be okay if not ideal(hate having to import through several different apps to get a file into Maya.  :)

Thanks for the info Matty.  ;) 8)

matty0l215

Okay, its a bit of a pain in the arse, but using LithUnwrap v1.3 you can get to .3ds (which can be imported into max and maybe maya)

Hawk

Quote from: matty0l215 on July 21, 2014, 04:10:15 PM
Okay, its a bit of a pain in the arse, but using LithUnwrap v1.3 you can get to .3ds (which can be imported into max and maybe maya)

Oh! I have LithUnwrap v1.3, and if that will export for 3ds Max, then I can export it as a .fbx file from 3ds Max and then import that into Maya no probs.

Thanks Matty!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

matty0l215

July 21, 2014, 07:48:12 PM #99 Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 07:55:30 PM by matty0l215
Quote from: Hawk_UK on July 21, 2014, 07:46:28 PM
Quote from: matty0l215 on July 21, 2014, 04:10:15 PM

Oh! I have LithUnwrap v1.3, and if that will export for 3ds Max, then I can export it as a .fbx file from 3ds Max and then import that into Maya no probs.

Thanks Matty!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

Happy to help  :D

Edit- How to- I import .x file into lithunwrap, removed all materials and groups and then just exported as .3ds (.obj works as well)

BOBR6 84

''Bobs track builder''

Say no more.. Lol

Hawk

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on July 21, 2014, 07:52:59 PM
''Bobs track builder''

Say no more.. Lol

I wish you would Bob. Is there anything I should know about?  I've never used it before. Still got to find a copy from somewhere. Lol.

Hawk.

PeterV

Quote from: Hawk_UK on July 21, 2014, 08:27:48 PM
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on July 21, 2014, 07:52:59 PM
''Bobs track builder''

Say no more.. Lol

I wish you would Bob. Is there anything I should know about?  I've never used it before. Still got to find a copy from somewhere. Lol.

Hawk.

I can give you my registered copy if you want, but i want a track in return :P (i bought it like 2 years ago i think.

janaucarre

Hello,
With bobĀ“s track builder you export directly in rfactor format and after that import in 3ds or other.(.mas)
Btb has a special anti crack: you decide on wich HDD and for how many months you want the licence for this hdd.

BOBR6 84

Lol. Im gonna try and get my mate to build ''Aintree'' for gpb..

Iv seen it on rfactor but its not right.. Some made up bullshit! Unless its an old layout. I doubt it though because the track sits in the middle of the grand national horse track!

I raced there last weekend.. Its very fast! Would be great for gpbikes..

If you crash there it will be a big one..

I did, and it was lol