• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:53:57 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Isle Of Man

Started by Reactive, December 26, 2013, 11:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

Will this tt circuit be the full track?

I think all the modders on gpbikes should work on this!  ;D

Track building talents.. Bikes, skins, physics etc etc etc.. All geared towards a big IOM TT mod!!  8)

matty0l215

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on July 21, 2014, 09:11:09 PM
Will this tt circuit be the full track?

I think all the modders on gpbikes should work on this!  ;D

Track building talents.. Bikes, skins, physics etc etc etc.. All geared towards a big IOM TT mod!!  8)

Give me the models and templates and i'll try to make the skins  ::)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

BOBR6 84

Lol no need to get uptight, its not a request!
(learnt not to ask for anything after I had my head chewed off) its simply an idea and something id like to see thats all!

I know its all done in your spare time and own free will!

matty0l215

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on July 21, 2014, 09:28:13 PM
(learnt not to ask for anything after I had my head chewed off) its simply an idea and something id like to see thats all!

Sorry, didn't think i was being uptight :P (must be a british thing ;))

Its something i would like to see and be part of aswell  ;D

janaucarre

We could organize a multiple workers for the tt track, if it´ll be i ´m in. Before that i will see if the basic track we have could be launched by the game.

BOBR6 84

Quote from: matty0l215 on July 21, 2014, 10:04:19 PM
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on July 21, 2014, 09:28:13 PM

Sorry, didn't think i was being uptight :P (must be a british thing ;))

Its something i would like to see and be part of aswell  ;D

Lol thats cool  ;)

I am the annoying pc noob with a million ''how to'' questions..  :P so modding is beyond me..

Obviously I love bikes and the iom tt so I think it would be great if people jumped on this project!  :)

All iv ever really wanted from a bike game/sim is.. Realistic physics, a bike, the TT circuit and a clock!

;)

matty0l215

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on July 21, 2014, 11:08:29 PM
All iv ever really wanted from a bike game/sim is.. Realistic physics, a bike, the TT circuit and a clock!

Well that just the most unreasenable request   ;)

BOBR6 84

matty0l215

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uqmcxjpka0qxuok/Test.max

This is a track (only the road though, I didn't make it) that was created and converted into max in a matter of seconds :)

It's a start  ::)

BOBR6 84

girlracerTracey

August 23, 2014, 08:59:29 AM #115 Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 09:23:04 AM by girlracerTracey
The promising news is that Jim Pearson seems to have softened his view concerning the possibility of future conversions of his full length TT track once it is finally released. On his website he has a copyright notice for the future release but he is now making more positive overtures to other communities who may be interested in converting the track. Previously he had stated it was intended strictly for use on GPL. This followed an unfortunate situation where his shorter TT "highlights" track had been converted without his permission on GTR, GTL and rFactor to name but a few. About which understandably he was not very happy.

On gp500 the TT "highlights" track was converted with his permission and it is, I have to say, a brilliant rendition of his original track. To ride the TT "highlights" track on gp500 is undoubtedly one of the highlights of my whole motorcycle racing "sim" experience since I began racing on computer games when I was 12 years old. My father who has raced at the IOM TT track in real life loved it also. He felt that racing Jim Pearson's TT track on gp500 was pretty representative of how it felt in real life. And that was only the shortened "highlights" track.. It is so good that I race on this converted track on gp500 almost every day. I also race online on the TT track against real life opponents. The physics in gp500 seem to suit the track extremely well. I agree both the shortened "highlights" track and the full length TT track when it is finally released would both be potentially fantastic additions to the gpbikes tracks collection. I am of course aware that the "highlights" track is in the course of conversion for gpbikes as we speak. This in itself I am sure will be a fantastic addition to gpbikes. I am confident this will be the case because I race the track on gp500 on almost a daily basis. It is that good. My only honest concern on gpbikes is calming the bikes down sufficiently the for bumps and jumps of the TT course. But I guess this can be done through bike set-up? So that you can concentrate on racing lines and braking points rather than avoiding shakes and wobbles. It should be fantastic though I think.

grT   :)

P.S. I race the TT "Highlights" track on GPL now and again. Whilst I love the sound of the open seaters, four wheels round the IOM TT course somehow just doesn't feel right to me. Once they took Rally Cars round there in real life and quite a few of them ended up in the bushes..it was made by god for bikes imo!  ;)

P.P.S. Has anyone ever thought of converting Jim Pearson's classic Dundrod circuit for use on gpbikes? We have this on gp500 and it is almost as breathtaking as the TT course. Jumps and blinds bends under the trees included.. Road racing is where it's at guys! Particularly online!! As much as I love the short circuits..

P.P.P.S.  I fired up the TT Superbikes game by Jester Interactive the other day just for fun. It's very "arcadey" by comparison to the TT track on gp500. Good fun but not comparable to the experience on gp500. Nowhere near. Fun though it was.. As I say gpbikes on a TT track should be very good indeed hopefully.

BOBR6 84

i think janaucarre is/was building the ulster gp track!  ;)

girlracerTracey

August 23, 2014, 10:01:14 AM #117 Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 10:05:36 AM by girlracerTracey
That's great news if he is..

I presume as a courtesy permission was obtained from Jim Pearson? I know I am new round here but I think for obvious reasons we need to keep Jim Pearson sweet if we can. If there is a possibility of us using the full length TT track in the future. I'm sure this has all been covered though..

Or is he building this from scratch?

Dundrod, as you well know from gp500 Bob, is the dog's "thingy-ma-jigs".. Whatever that means? I'm still learning all these English sayings tbh..

grT

BOBR6 84

from scratch i think.. you can ride it now but its not finished! so far the layout and track surface is awesome!!

girlracerTracey

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on August 23, 2014, 10:09:00 AM
from scratch i think.. you can ride it now but its not finished! so far the layout and track surface is awesome!!

I'm bored and still in my pyjamas by the way..

Is it downloadable via MEGA? Or somewhere else?

Would love to give it a go on the KTM.. ;)