• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:27:50 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Isle Of Man

Started by Reactive, December 26, 2013, 11:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

January 23, 2015, 04:07:32 AM #165 Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 04:13:06 AM by BOBR6 84
Direct lean at 15%..

Im not really sure what u mean tho.. Can u not just move the control stick back to the centre to pick the bike up?
I think I usually roll the stick around.. Instead of left/right. So im pushing forward majority of the time.. When I brake I pull the control stick back and then roll it around to tip into the corner.
Works for me anyway.
(xbox 360 controller)

SBK games I played alot.. On the xbox.. Iv had a fair few lap records, couple still stand!  ;D anyway I never noticed the bike picking itself up..  ???

SeriousSpy

Yeah, but I'm just not used to it, it'll just take some practice, I suppose.

BOBR6 84

January 23, 2015, 04:24:28 AM #167 Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 04:26:58 AM by BOBR6 84
Yep!  ;D practice is the answer! I still cant decide if I prefer direct lean on or off. Getting used to the delay with it off.. But most other bike ''games'' feel like the equivalent to direct lean 100%

Sorry for off topic..

Klax75

Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 22, 2015, 11:31:22 PM
Quote from: Klax75 on January 22, 2015, 06:44:43 PM
I've used this track several times and I know with Beta 6 I can ride on it much longer then beta 5. In Beta 5 you would hit a certain point then always fall through the track. Now I can keep going the problem is there is no sides to the track, and several off the turns are like cheese graters, which makes you fly off the track. Then later on if you reset the bike it resets the bike half on and half off the track which makes the bike fall off in to space. :/

Can you send me a download link for the track please Klax? There is that many download links in the thread that I want to make sure I get the track that works like you said and see how big it is in scale to real life. Let's make sure we can have tracks that are actually 38 miles + in size.  :)

Thanks Klax.

Hawk.

I was just using the one in this thread. When I load in GP Bikes it loads, but just the road surface. When I used in Beta 5, you'd always have to stop at the same part since you would go through the ground.

HornetMaX

Quote from: SeriousSpy on January 23, 2015, 03:19:24 AM
I think I figured out what is making the game too hard for me, the bike doesn't automatically center itself. Is there any way to stop this? I guess I'm a bit too used to the MotoGP/SBK games.

Yes. Stop playing MotoGP/SBK :)

Real bike do not center themselves.

P.S.
You're off topic (and I know tons about being off-topic).

Hawk

Quote from: Klax75 on January 23, 2015, 07:07:04 AM
I've used this track several times and I know with Beta 6 I can ride on it much longer then beta 5. In Beta 5 you would hit a certain point then always fall through the track. Now I can keep going the problem is there is no sides to the track, and several off the turns are like cheese graters, which makes you fly off the track. Then later on if you reset the bike it resets the bike half on and half off the track which makes the bike fall off in to space. :/

Can you send me a download link for the track please Klax? There is that many download links in the thread that I want to make sure I get the track that works like you said and see how big it is in scale to real life. Let's make sure we can have tracks that are actually 38 miles + in size.  :)

Thanks Klax.

Hawk.

I was just using the one in this thread. When I load in GP Bikes it loads, but just the road surface. When I used in Beta 5, you'd always have to stop at the same part since you would go through the ground.

Hi Klax.

There is many more download links in this thread than just the one(Some versions are reduced in size to try and get them to work, others are supposed to be full size, some with new .tcl file, others with shortened .tcl files(again to try and get them to work))..... I need the one you are using that works so I can actually test whether that one is the full size IOM TT Circuit. It will save me a lot of time and work.  :)

Hawk.

Klax75

Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 23, 2015, 07:59:39 AM
Quote from: Klax75 on January 23, 2015, 07:07:04 AM

Thanks Klax.

Hawk.

Hi Klax.

There is many more download links in this thread than just the one(Some versions are reduced in size to try and get them to work, others are supposed to be full size, some with new .tcl file, others with shortened .tcl files(again to try and get them to work))..... I need the one you are using that works so I can actually test whether that one is the full size IOM TT Circuit. It will save me a lot of time and work.  :)

Hawk.

Here it is. :)
https://mega.co.nz/#F!QcZhkZQY!GV96Mbt2Dco5lx9j18hB8A

Klax75

I was able to little over 6 minutes on the track, I fell several times since some turns are super bumpy. The bike problem is when trying to ride the the whole thing is if you fall and the bike slides so the back is semi off the grass area. When you reset the bike the bike will fall off the track and crash GP Bikes.  I was lucky I was able to ride so long with out that happening.

Hawk

Hi Klax.

I will give it a try and also find out how big this circuit is....

Thanks for the download link, Klax. Appreciated mate.  ;D

Hawk.

matty0l215

The track is "rideable" but my FPS fell through the floor (from about 90 down to low 20's) and the track is very bumpy. With some smoothing it could be alright.

I'm going to try to do a full lap and see if it works :)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Hawk

Quote from: matty0l215 on January 23, 2015, 01:16:50 PM
The track is "rideable" but my FPS fell through the floor (from about 90 down to low 20's) and the track is very bumpy. With some smoothing it could be alright.

I'm going to try to do a full lap and see if it works :)

I've just given this version a try and my frame rate literally dropped through the floor(Zero Fps) LOL. It was totally unusable for me. I waited about 3 minutes for it to advance to the next frame.
Must admit that I haven't got a high end system, but I'm running a 4 core AMD X64 bit 2.2Ghz CPU on 5 MB RAM and a Radeon 6950 2MB graphics card, So it's sort of a bottle-necked mid-range type of system I'd say. But nevertheless, if the frame rate is that bad when only the track surface is being transformed and rendered, imagine what a high-end system you'd need when all the terrain/houses/walls/bridges/kerbings/spectators/sign posts, etc, etc are added to the circuit; and that's without taking into account when you get 24+ bikes on the circuit.

Whether this is a system problem or whether it's GPB that just cannot cope with the sheer size of the IOM circuit data, I don't know? But I think at this moment in time the IOM is a no-go project for GPB.

I did notice that the TCL had been vastly shortened to an imaginary circuit layout? I presume this was an attempt to get it working when there was a limit on the TCL segments? Could this be what is dropping the frame rate? Again, I don't know without testing like Piboso said by doing a test oval at 40 miles in size and seeing what difference properly positioned TCL segments would make, but I cannot think that would really make any difference?

Hawk.

PS: I desperately need a major upgrade. Lol

Klax75

Hmm this is weird, for me I don't get any frame rate drop at all on this track. Even used Fraps while riding and it was fine. Oddly enough out of all the tracks in GP Bikes this one load times are the fastest for me.

matty0l215

I've tried 6 times, each time ODE core.exe when i reset at various places, nowhere in particular up to about half way at the most

I'm running an AMD FX-6300 Stock clock, 8gb 1666mhz RAM and an overclocked (from factory) HD7950 and i had to drop the settings to min to get above 20fps

I think with some terrain it might actually get a little better (not having to render very far away objects) but it might be a lot worse.

It would be a real shame if we cant get the IOM in GPB but if it wont work, it wont work :( maybe Piboso could shed some light onto limitations of the engine  ;) ;)

matty0l215

Quote from: Klax75 on January 23, 2015, 03:11:09 PM
Hmm this is weird, for me I don't get any frame rate drop at all on this track. Even used Fraps while riding and it was fine. Oddly enough out of all the tracks in GP Bikes this one load times are the fastest for me.
It did load quite fast (faster than ulster that take the longest for me) but what are you running SLI gtx 990 on an black edition i7?!?!?!?!!?

girlracerTracey

January 23, 2015, 04:21:53 PM #179 Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 04:25:02 PM by girlracerTracey
Hello everyone. I have not been on the forum for a while but I have been reading this thread over the last 24 hours with some interest. As you know I have always held a great affection for the idea of having a version of the IOM TT track in gpbikes.

For a couple of months now I have been testing in private Ricco Chicco's beta stage track conversion for Jim Pearson's Isle of Man TT "Highlights" track. I think some of you are also aware I race on a version of this "Highlights" track on the gp500 pc game regularly. So I am very conversant with this track.

Anyway, I have spoken this afternoon with Ricco Chicco and he is happy for me to post a sample video of me testing the beta version of this track conversion so that you can all see what it now looks like. The video shows a complete lap of the course (about 18 miles long) but I had to be really careful not to crash on the mountain and certain other sections of the track as atm this immediately causes a core.exe failure. So I had to ride briskly but as smoothly as possible, with a safety margin, so as not to have a fall from the bike & a core.exe failure.

https://www.youtube.com/v/kgLCuJFT-FA

Here's a test video using a 600 supersport bike.
https://www.youtube.com/v/XyeExNvA0zc

Now this is all well and good and ppl may like the idea of having this TT Mini "Highlights" track available to enjoy & race online on in gpbikes but we have a problem. As things stand atm despite our best efforts Jim Pearson will not grant us his permission to use this track in gpbikes. The bottom line is I think that Jim Pearson may only grant his permission to convert and use his track if we pay for the privilege. So some form of payment is required. It is very unlikely be free. JP is aware of the commercial aspect of gpbikes and will not grant this to us at no charge. I think JP's intention may be then to make a donation to his charity(ies) of choice including I believe the TT riders' benevolent fund.

So if ppl are interested in this track we perhaps need to have a discussion as to how we can meet Jim Pearson's requirements in this regard?

As I say I have posted this message and video with Ricco Chicco's full consent and knowledge.  I am making this post in collaboration with Ricco. I believe also that Ricco may have spoken with PiBoSo on this particular subject in the past although I am not absolutely sure on this.

So guys what do you think? Is it worth considering this further or is the real aim of everyone here to somehow construct or obtain from a third party source a full length version of the TT course?

grT