• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:18:22 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Isle Of Man

Started by Reactive, December 26, 2013, 11:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

January 23, 2015, 05:30:30 PM #180 Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 08:55:15 PM by Hawk_UK
Hi Midge.

Personally speaking I'd prefer the full circuit, if it can be made to work with GPB at full size.

I for one wouldn't want to pay JP for this; let me explain why: If I contributed towards a purchase of this Mini TT circuit then to me it would be like a good kick in the balls for all the other track, bike and utility modders who've dedicated all their time and effort over these years converting and creating tracks, bikes, and utility mods for the GPB community totally free of charge.

So as it stands now I'd have to say, "No Way!!"  :P

Hawk.

girlracerTracey

January 23, 2015, 06:21:45 PM #181 Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 06:26:07 PM by girlracerTracey
On the technical aspect of this what Ricco's conversion does show is that the gpbike's "engine" is quite strong (certainly strong enough for a track as large as the TT Mini track) and is able to handle a large number of objects that comprise a track of this size quite easily.  The Mini TT track actually runs very nicely now.

Ricco would like to know if possible (from PiboSo) if the number of segments for the track centre-line has now been increased? Ricco is saying that a few months ago or so we were restricted to 265 segments, if he remembers correctly , and he had to redo the track centre-line a few times to get the track working in the game. Piboso indicated that the limit could be easily increased but he does not think told us if  this had been done in the last betas. For Ricco's information can PiBoSo please provide an update and clarification on this?

Thank you in advance.  :)

grT

matty0l215

Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 23, 2015, 05:30:30 PM
Hi Midge.

Personally speaking I'd prefer the full circuit, if it can be made to work with GPB at full size.

I for one wouldn't want to pay JP for this; let me explain why: If I contributed towards a purchase of this Mini TT circuit then to me it would be like a good kick in the balls for all the other track, bike and utility modders who've dedicated all their time and effort over these years converting and creating tracks, bikes, and utility mods for the GPB community totally free of charge.

Hawk.
+1
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Docfumi

I have not read all the post here but I was under the impression this was
going to be a team effort of sorts.  :o  But if it's money your after, hell! Take my wife.  ;D
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

Klax75

I understand people wanting this track. At the same time I am not really for this method. So when does it stop? MOD Teams start charging for bike sets next? So we end up paying much more then what Piboso charged, yet he doesn't get anything from the MOD's. Which can only be used with his software. I've seen this before in games, where MODs start becoming pay to play.

So lets say down the road people start charging for there MODs. Then a new version of GP Bikes comes out and the MODs don't work, so do the MOD makers charge us again for a update?

I think it would be better to make our own version even if it takes some time to.

Don't get me wrong I don't mind paying for this, but if I do I will a expect a lot more out of it then I would normally.

matty0l215

I would be alright with making a donation for a project of this size but only if it was optional for everyone. I mean I wouldn't want it forced on anyone, but those who are will, can make a donation.

girlracerTracey

January 23, 2015, 07:23:21 PM #186 Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 07:27:39 PM by girlracerTracey
Quote from: matty0l215 on January 23, 2015, 06:34:33 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 23, 2015, 05:30:30 PM
Hi Midge.

Hawk.
+1

This sort of "purchase" arrangement was always going to be a delicate thing to broach with the gpbikes community. For obvious reasons. This community flourishes on the voluntary efforts & dedication of the community's hard working modders without whom gpbikes would not be what it is today. I think we all appreciate the modders' invaluable contribution to gpbikes. That goes without saying I think as far as everyone in this community is concerned.

However, it is the prerogative of track creators outside of this community to grant permission or not for members of this community to convert their tracks. That's the reality unfortunately of where we stand on this one. 

Remember also that Ricco himself has performed a lot of unpaid work on this particular project in the expectation that permission might be granted.

We are where we are with this one. The only comment I would make is that there isn't really any correlation between the hugely appreciated efforts of the modders within the gpbikes community  and "outside" individuals such as JP. He mods for a different community completely free of charge.

So the bottom line as I see it with this one is we either investigate the option of making a contribution to a charity of JP's choice or we pass on this particular opportunity. Unfortunately I cannot myself see a middle road on this one. I wish that I could. I personally view the IOM TT as being important enough to warrant perhaps making a compromise for..but that is just my personal opinion. I fully accept others will view this differently.

Notwithstanding my comments above I would just voice my respect and gratitude again to the modders within the gpbikes community.  Please understand that no one is trying to undermine them at all by at least discussing the possible options open to us on this one. That is not the intention at all.

Best to all, grT  :)

girlracerTracey

Quote from: docfumi on January 23, 2015, 06:46:54 PM
I have not read all the post here but I was under the impression this was
going to be a team effort of sorts.  :o  But if it's money your after, hell! Take my wife.  ;D

;D

matty0l215

Quote from: girlracerTracey on January 23, 2015, 07:23:21 PM
investigate the option of making a contribution to a charity of JP's choice or we pass on this particular opportunity

Sounds good to me, but only if it is optional for all members of the community.

Docfumi

Everyone makes good points, but I am not ready to just come out of my pockets for a charity of JP's choice.
I mean for all we know he could be a member of the Church of Satan. I think it would be best if we organized
a team of the top Track Modders from right here on the forum and paid them for a scratch version. The track
will take time to build but this way a lot of us can help out as well and we will all get to see it unfold right here at home.

Cheers Doc
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

JJS209

sorry for the question but i dont get who "JP" is, why i have nothing heard about him last few month and for what is who willing to pay for?

HornetMaX

January 23, 2015, 08:50:45 PM #191 Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 08:59:58 PM by HornetMaX
I kind of agree with Hawk. Not that I can care a lot about shedding 10 quids for this or that  but then, once we start ...

One thing I'd like to know: how much effort has Ricco done to put the track in GPB ? Because if he has done a lot of work, I'd prefer to pay him instead of somebody else who has created this for some other purpose and is now trying to squeeze a few extra bucks out of it.

Just my 2 cents (pun intended).

MaX.

matty0l215

Quote from: JJS209 on January 23, 2015, 08:42:17 PM
sorry for the question but i dont get who "JP" is, why i have nothing heard about him last few month and for what is who willing to pay for?

JP or Jim Pearson, is a man who has made multiple tracks for gp legends (Here is his website)

Quote from: docfumi on January 23, 2015, 08:17:21 PM
I mean for all we know he could be a member of the Church of Satan.

good point..  :o

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 23, 2015, 08:50:45 PM
One thing I'd like to know: how much effort has Rocco done to put the track in GPB ? Because if he has done a lot of work, I'd prefer to pay him instead of somebody else who has created this for some other purpose and is now trying to squeeze a few extra bucks out of it.

very good point too

I'm now on the fence.... Thanks guys :P

Klax75

The Church of Satan comment made me laugh. And welcome back Doc. :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Klax75 on January 23, 2015, 08:59:07 PM
The Church of Satan comment made me laugh. And welcome back Doc. :)
Me too. Not that the church of satan is any worse than any other church though :)

MaX.