• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:19:46 PM

Isle Of Man

Started by Reactive, December 26, 2013, 11:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: RiccoChicco on April 14, 2016, 07:05:52 PM
So I took a look and I can't find it. Really sorry :(  :-[

Let me know if any help is needed :)

That's okay Ricco... Thanks for the thought mate.  ;) 8)

Will do mate.... I have several other offers of help also, so if this ends up a viable proposition for GPB then we have the making of a team to do it. Your offer of help would greatly be appreciated in that event Ricco, we will need several people working on different elements of the circuit, so the more the merrier!  Thank you mate!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

Hawk

Quote from: Donnie on April 14, 2016, 07:50:34 PM
http://www.bigben-interactive.co.uk/bigben-interactive-anounces-brand-new-isle-of-man-tt-races-video-game/#tify_cookie_policy-close

Just announced.

Yeah..... just another "Game" that will no doubt be full of eye candy with no depth or substance.... Let's see what they come up with, but if I know the future it will be aimed at the console market which means it'll be just another milestone type job..... Not even worth time of day in my book.  :) ;)

Hawk.

matty0l215

Is this normal?? the center line segments are HUGE! and cant be made any smaller than you see here (You can already see that the line isn't very central....)

Have i done something wrong or is this a limitation for such a sized track (or it the scale of the track wrong?)

Any ideas?? Piboso any comments?
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

RiccoChicco

It seems that it's a scale problem. Each segments you made are 1 meter long for GPB.

Storris

April 14, 2016, 08:27:20 PM #335 Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 08:30:12 PM by Storris
Quote from: Donnie on April 14, 2016, 07:50:34 PM
http://www.bigben-interactive.co.uk/bigben-interactive-anounces-brand-new-isle-of-man-tt-races-video-game/#tify_cookie_policy-close
Just announced.

Was it something I said, something in the water?  Dang, just when things were getting interesting!

Hawk, if I can do anything to help, it turns out that my weekend has just become a lot less busy.

Hawk

Does look like something has happened with the scaling. I'll take a look. ;)

Hawk.

janaucarre

For having a good base for the track size=>in the 3d software mesure the width of the track and change the scale to approach 8meters, after that export,  make the centerline and rescale with the length of this one to obtainthe right length of the track
Have you tried to use the centerline i made and posted on the 4th page of this thread?   

Hawk

Sorry Matty! My mistake!  :-[

I've just had a look at the 3D files and realised I reduced the scale to make it more manageable to work on and forgot to bump the scale back up again. Hehe!  ;D :-[

I'll do another export overnight and let you have it tomorrow.... That's if the export works on such a large model.... let's see.  :-\

Hawk.

matty0l215

Quote from: janaucarre on April 14, 2016, 10:07:56 PM
For having a good base for the track size=>in the 3d software mesure the width of the track and change the scale to approach 8meters, after that export,  make the centerline and rescale with the length of this one to obtainthe right length of the track
Have you tried to use the centerline i made and posted on the 4th page of this thread?

Once hawk has sent me the new file, ill see if you centerline fits :)

Thanks Janaucarre
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Grooveski

April 15, 2016, 12:01:32 AM #340 Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 02:25:22 AM by Grooveski
In case it's any help, here are the points from the lap1 spline I posted before.

It's been flattened but if I'm mistaken about the CL only being 2d it's no bother to do it again with the elevations, only takes seconds in Autocad(using the LIST command with QAFLAGS set to 2 then copying the results from ACAD's log file).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4qrzj4xwppat3c/CL_Lap_1.txt?dl=0

[Edit] While I was in acad earlier I joined the spline bits back together into one line.  Should really have included that too.
DWG, DXF and TXT(the CL with elevations) versions attached.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/abfgyibuy9pmrsb/lap1.rar?dl=0

Hawk

Quote from: Grooveski on April 15, 2016, 12:01:32 AM
In case it's any help, here are the points from the lap1 spline I posted before.

It's been flattened but if I'm mistaken about the CL only being 2d it's no bother to do it again with the elevations, only takes seconds in Autocad(using the LIST command with QAFLAGS set to 2 then copying the results from ACAD's log file).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4qrzj4xwppat3c/CL_Lap_1.txt?dl=0

[Edit] While I was in acad earlier I joined the spline bits back together into one line.  Should really have included that too.
DWG, DXF and TXT(the CL with elevations) versions attached.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/abfgyibuy9pmrsb/lap1.rar?dl=0

Is there any way to use this in TrackED for the CL though? I'm not sure I understand?  :)

Hawk.

Grooveski

Nope. 

When I read Max's post about the .tcl being a text file I just assumed it'd be a series of x,y,z's.  The sensible move would have been to open one and look but tanked up at midnight I guess sensible was in short supply.  :-[
I see now that what I posted is no use to man nor beast.  My bad, sorry!

Hawk

Quote from: Grooveski on April 15, 2016, 11:33:02 AM
Nope. 

When I read Max's post about the .tcl being a text file I just assumed it'd be a series of x,y,z's.  The sensible move would have been to open one and look but tanked up at midnight I guess sensible was in short supply.  :-[

No worries mate.... Your looking for ways to help and that's great! It's appreciated for sure.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Grooveski on April 15, 2016, 11:33:02 AM
Nope. 

It's not a series of x,y,z. It's essentially a sequence of segments, where each segment has a starting point, a type (straight or arc) and some properties (length for a straight, radius and angle for arcs, and a starting height for both types).