• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:17:02 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Isle Of Man

Started by Reactive, December 26, 2013, 11:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

Hi guys, just come across this from grT on her YT channel!!!

https://www.youtube.com/v/okPtXlTgt7A

So there is a converted copy for AC already but not GPB after so many years???

I dont know if this might help with pointers for data size, or if it could be converted to GPB to help test for TTB when P makes the best and only real sim for IOM.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

Still only a shortened version but better than nowt! Maybe we are happy to wait for TTB or even for BigBen to chime?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

Screw big ben, I would rather ride a scooter than touch a bike game from them.

I am going to have to try this with my system in AC though lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

matty0l215

Quote from: doubledragoncc on April 30, 2016, 03:10:15 PM
Screw big ben, I would rather ride a scooter than touch a bike game from them.

I am going to have to try this with my system in AC though lol

DD

It's as good as you can imagine, not to scale but it's okay to drive/ride
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

grimm

I was on the AC forum a week or so ago and came across the download for it, got super excited, set everything up.... and discovered it's a mini version of the TT course.  ::)

Eagerly awaiting news about Piboso or anyone else that can replicate the thrill of Suzuki TT Superbikes from the PS2. Even with all the short comings of that game, it was still incredibly fun to jump hills and catch massive line painting power slides out of corners. Flying through Ballagarey near the top of 5th gear on a 1000 Superbike was one of the most intense and rewarding parts of learning the TT course. Then seeing the documentary about it where they are talking about the downshift from 6th to 5th separating the men from the boys at that point in the course made the hair stand up a little on the back of my neck, realizing that even if the old PS2 is outdated and the physics are not as good as they could be, it still delivered the thrill of getting it right and moving on down the road at 170mph+.  8)

doubledragoncc

April 30, 2016, 03:24:58 PM #380 Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 04:18:29 PM by doubledragoncc
Shame it is the short track but I just wondered if it would help in any way.

Tracey did not post a link to the DL. I would still like to try it so if you still have a link Grimm would be magic mate. Thanks

DD

EDIT: Ok found it, I think

RiccoChicco

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=411.0 I converted it 2 years ago.

The track is really too much work to have something at least "ok" for our eyes. The complete road mesh should be redone, kerbs, most of walls, textures and trees too.

grimm

Quote from: doubledragoncc on April 30, 2016, 03:24:58 PM
Shame it is the short track but I just wondered if it would help in any way.

Tracey did not post a link to the DL. I would still like to try it so if you still have a link Grimm would be magic mate. Thanks

DD

EDIT: Ok found it, I think

Here ya go, same thing GrT was using for the youtube vid. http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=7436

matty0l215

We are still actually waiting for Piboso to up the limit for TrackED center line (if he has, he hasn't announced it officially) until then the 100% size version is at a pretty much standstill...
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

doubledragoncc

AC says track not found, maybe my AC is wrong version, is fully updated.

DD

Storris

Kickstarter took some time, but have submitted for review and hopefully it will be all go this end of the week.  It's for the point cloud and reference imaging, approximately 50GB each.  No mesh, and no datahosting as the costs & timeframes were too big for this project.  We will distribute the data via Google/MS Drives & Dropbox, and anywhere else I can get cheap storage.

I know you guys have got your GPB thing going on, but if we could get a team of motivated devs from across sim platforms together to work on the necessaries, this could be the start of something great.

PiBoSo

May 06, 2016, 02:58:37 PM #386 Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 03:26:32 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: Storris on May 06, 2016, 10:28:06 AM
Kickstarter took some time, but have submitted for review and hopefully it will be all go this end of the week.  It's for the point cloud and reference imaging, approximately 50GB each.  No mesh, and no datahosting as the costs & timeframes were too big for this project.  We will distribute the data via Google/MS Drives & Dropbox, and anywhere else I can get cheap storage.

I know you guys have got your GPB thing going on, but if we could get a team of motivated devs from across sim platforms together to work on the necessaries, this could be the start of something great.

Ok. So, to recap, not only Bigben got the exclusive license, but now the laser-scanned TT will be converted for all the racing games of the past, present and future?

P.S.
Not a personal attack towards you, of course. You are doing everything with good intentions, but unfortunately your project conflicts heavily with out plans  :)
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

doubledragoncc

@Piboso.....................It is so true what you mean, BUT, it depends WHO is making WHAT use of the track data. NO matter what, no other person or company will be making what YOU wish to make and that means in the end, ONLY YOU will still have the best product to offer.

Just trying to give you some positive thought here. And something that is very factual right now, there is not ONE other title that has come close to GPB physics and control EVER!!!

Chin up and go get em!!!

DD

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on May 06, 2016, 03:05:38 PM
@Piboso.....................It is so true what you mean, BUT, it depends WHO is making WHAT use of the track data. NO matter what, no other person or company will be making what YOU wish to make and that means in the end, ONLY YOU will still have the best product to offer.

Just trying to give you some positive thought here. And something that is very factual right now, there is not ONE other title that has come close to GPB physics and control EVER!!!

Chin up and go get em!!!

DD

+1. Second that thought DD!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Storris on May 06, 2016, 10:28:06 AM

Glad to hear this is moving forward: despite the fact it may (or may not) interfere with the plans of other devs, I do like the approach of gamers funding something and then making it available to all.
I'm not a big fan of road racing, but I'l chip in for that project :)

Quote from: PiBoSo on May 06, 2016, 02:58:37 PM
Ok. So, to recap, not only Bigben got the exclusive license, but now the laser-scanned TT will be converted for all the racing games of the past, present and future?
What I still can figure out is how can BigBen have and exclusive and Storris get a laser scan at the same time. Weird ...
Anyway, I don't see too many people on the starting blocks to work with a cloud of 50GB ...