• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:49:21 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Isle Of Man

Started by Reactive, December 26, 2013, 11:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warlock

Quote from: h106frp on May 10, 2016, 10:21:25 AM
If someone wants a decent kickstarter project how about creating a royalty free sound sample database for bike engine/exhaust/intake noises.

...I hate sound editing..  >:(.        Grumpy.........

Hahah, YES !!!!
Samples are the real problem we have with sounds, welcome aboard  ;D , it'a a real pain.

Sorry for the OT  Storris  :-X

guigui404

I think the 12000£ won't be reach :/

matty0l215

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

HornetMaX

Quote from: Storris on May 18, 2016, 11:42:48 PM
I think the couple of posts following this link might be interesting - http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/isle-of-man-snaefell-mountain-tt-course.13197/page-3#post-685430
What is interesting to me is that, according to your otherfe post here (http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/isle-of-man-3d-scan-kickstarter-3.31996/) it seems you've only received one (as in 1, the closest positive integer to zero) backer from PiBoSo forums. Quoting the post for the ones with no account on AC forums:
QuoteLadies & gentlemen, in the immortal words of Murray Walker, "Go, Go, Go" https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1669324602/snaefell-mountain-course-3d-laser-scan

I thought I'd add some interesting info for you all, the number of backers, and where they came from an % of total pledged so far. I'll update this daily/at % milestones.

We're over 5%, and AC are at 5 backers, so updated stats.

forum.projectcarsgame.com - 21 - 45.42%
members.iracing.com - 7 - 18.63%
assettocorsa.net - 5 - 7.84%
reddit.com - 2 - 6.54%
twitter.com - 1 - 4.90%
manxforums.com - 1 - 3.27%
forum.piboso.com - 1 - 1.63%

External - 6 - 9.31%
Embedded widget (!?!) - 1 - 1.63%
Kickstarter - 1 - 0.82%

Next update @ 10%

Now, I know for sure that that chap is not even a big fan of (bike) road racing, and I know that because that chap is likely me :)

So my question is: where are all the ones that constantly say here "OOhhh, I would give a kidney for the Man track in GPB !!" ?!?
It's time to walk the talk guys. If you are having second thoughts on your kidneys, pancreas and prostates are accepted too (chances are you'll have to lose your prostate anyway, later on).

BOBR6 84

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 19, 2016, 06:43:46 AM
Quote from: Storris on May 18, 2016, 11:42:48 PM
I think the couple of posts following this link might be interesting - http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/isle-of-man-snaefell-mountain-tt-course.13197/page-3#post-685430
What is interesting to me is that, according to your otherfe post here (http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/isle-of-man-3d-scan-kickstarter-3.31996/) it seems you've only received one (as in 1, the closest positive integer to zero) backer from PiBoSo forums. Quoting the post for the ones with no account on AC forums:
QuoteLadies & gentlemen, in the immortal words of Murray Walker, "Go, Go, Go" https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1669324602/snaefell-mountain-course-3d-laser-scan

I thought I'd add some interesting info for you all, the number of backers, and where they came from an % of total pledged so far. I'll update this daily/at % milestones.

We're over 5%, and AC are at 5 backers, so updated stats.

forum.projectcarsgame.com - 21 - 45.42%
members.iracing.com - 7 - 18.63%
assettocorsa.net - 5 - 7.84%
reddit.com - 2 - 6.54%
twitter.com - 1 - 4.90%
manxforums.com - 1 - 3.27%
forum.piboso.com - 1 - 1.63%

External - 6 - 9.31%
Embedded widget (!?!) - 1 - 1.63%
Kickstarter - 1 - 0.82%

Next update @ 10%

Now, I know for sure that that chap is not even a big fan of (bike) road racing, and I know that because that chap is likely me :)

So my question is: where are all the ones that constantly say here "OOhhh, I would give a kidney for the Man track in GPB !!" ?!?
It's time to walk the talk guys. If you are having second thoughts on your kidneys, pancreas and prostates are accepted too (chances are you'll have to lose your prostate anyway, later on).

What do i need to do?

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on May 19, 2016, 06:53:50 AM
What do i need to do?
For the kidney ? :)

Click on the kickstarter link, register and make a donation.
Actually, it's a promise of donation, you'll be charged only when (and if) the project reaches its funding goal.

Napalm Nick

I assume 'External' is the ones who don't donate 'internal' organs? So you actually gave a kidney? That's dedication.   
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on May 19, 2016, 08:08:02 AM
I assume 'External' is the ones who don't donate 'internal' organs?
;D

Quote from: Napalm Nick on May 19, 2016, 08:08:02 AM
So you actually gave a kidney? That's dedication.
No. As said, I'm not a big fan of road racing. Hence I've donated a less valuable organ :)

Storris

May 19, 2016, 09:44:15 AM #414 Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 09:59:55 AM by Storris
Thank you HornetMax,

Your intervention has induced another member, apparently Blackbeard (he'll know), to back the project so thank you both.  Oh and he's the 50th backer so 8)

It's worth an account to read and make use of the linked resources. There are files at the mediafire link.  I wont post those here, you'll have to AC for them.

I'm C&P the best bits -

Him - "The other 90% is the amount of fine detail that needs to go in. I've been working on this for only about three weeks, so there are still big empty stretches, but it's still more fun than anything else I've tried. It's a pity that a lot of cars have trouble making it round two laps without running out of fuel..."  - [I failed to understand this last sentence on first reading]

Me - "Good luck with your project, I hope I get to drive it sometime. If you're interested, the PiBoSo forum, also linked in my scan thread above, has a couple of members also looking at building..."

Him - "For what it's worth, it's here: Linked to MediaFire"

Me - "Jeez, you've actually built it?!?  Good ****** show man. I'll look at getting AC installed over the weekend and taking a look at it. Cheers.

Mind if I point a few threads over here? Knowing there are active projects that could use this data would go down extremely well right now."

Him - "Be my guest..."

matty0l215

I have got an account (ive got ac :P) i was more thinking for others who dont want one ;) :D

Thanks for putting that up though ;D

Matty

HornetMaX

In the AC discussion, the explanation (shortened) "big tracks cause instability due to usage of floats" is intriguing (instability = cars shaking even at rest).
Would be nice to know if GPB/WRS/MXB are affected too.

@Piboso: It could be a plus for your products if they are not affected in the same way AC seems to be.

@Modders: we could test this relatively easily. Just create a very large track (just terrain and track, no objects), with more or less the same dimensions as the TT track (length, max distance between two track points) and let's test that !

matty0l215

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 19, 2016, 10:24:36 AM
In the AC discussion, the explanation (shortened) "big tracks cause instability due to usage of floats" is intriguing (instability = cars shaking even at rest).
Would be nice to know if GPB/WRS/MXB are affected too.

@Piboso: It could be a plus for your products if they are not affected in the same way AC seems to be.

@Modders: we could test this relatively easily. Just create a very large track (just terrain and track, no objects), with more or less the same dimensions as the TT track (length, max distance between two track points) and let's test that !

I think hawk has done in the past. Futher back in this thread.

And as said previously we have a full tt track (the road and a little surrounding terrain, no buildings.) ready to be put into GPB but we are STILL waiting for Pib to up the centre line limit.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 19, 2016, 10:24:36 AM

Quote from: matty0l215 on May 19, 2016, 10:50:23 AM

And as said previously we have a full tt track (the road and a little surrounding terrain, no buildings.) ready to be put into GPB but we are STILL waiting for Pib to up the centre line limit.

That is correct Matty. Thank you mate.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: matty0l215 on May 19, 2016, 10:50:23 AM

No, the problem we have is a simple limitation in centerline max number of segments, that's trivial to solve.

What they are discussing in AC forum is a totally different (and much more subtle) issue, due to precision of float numbers: they are essentially saying that 32 bit floats are not precise enough for the simulation of a very large track (above 19Km id max distance between two track points).