• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:43:19 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Isle Of Man

Started by Reactive, December 26, 2013, 11:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

OMG.........................

Just put this in AC and hooked up me handlebars and it is gorgeous. Seeing a TOTALLY new version is great.

Tried streaming it but my AC got input lag due to recording. Will play around and see if I can get a video up for those that wish to see that linked track in AC.

Me want for GPB NOW lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

matty0l215

May 19, 2016, 02:03:09 PM #421 Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 02:05:00 PM by matty0l215
I was just saying we have a full sized track wait to be implimented (no buildings) and the shape/size that needs to be tested so why not test it.

And yes it is trivial, so why hasnt it been change or promised (seen on the daily dev thread) in the next beta!?
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

HornetMaX

Quote from: matty0l215 on May 19, 2016, 02:03:09 PM
I was just saying we have a full sized track wait to be implimented (no buildings) and the shape/size that needs to be tested so why not test it.
But we cannot test it, because it exceeds the centerline segs limits, no ?

While if you create an "oval" track (for example) you need only 4 centerline segments (2 straights, 2 arcs), no matter the size of the track: you can make it very big easily.
So we can (right now) check if GPB has the same issue as AC on gigantic tracks (forgetting the centerline limitation).

And yes it is trivial, so why hasnt it been change or promised (seen on the daily dev thread) in the next beta!?
Can't answer that, you'll have to ask the boss :)

Napalm Nick

Sure you can ask me, but as a megalomaniac I would just say "helping with that would have a negative impact on my next game so I will ignore it".

Bruce Frederick Joseph Springsteen
aka The Boss.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 19, 2016, 02:37:32 PM
But we cannot test it, because it exceeds the centerline segs limits, no ?

While if you create an "oval" track (for example) you need only 4 centerline segments (2 straights, 2 arcs), no matter the size of the track: you can make it very big easily.
So we can (right now) check if GPB has the same issue as AC on gigantic tracks (forgetting the centerline limitation).

I've already done that too if you remember because your MaxHUD plugin lap timer didn't go as far as 17mins I think it was to do a 40 mile stint? Remember me saying?  ;D ;)

And no, there was no problems like the AC boys were having.  :)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on May 19, 2016, 04:12:40 PM
I've already done that too if you remember because your MaxHUD plugin lap timer didn't go as far as 17mins I think it was to do a 40 mile stint? Remember me saying?  ;D ;)

Hmm, I vaguely remember that. Would still be nice to have a confirmation from el Pib (I stop calling him the boss, otherwise some good ole boy will make jokes about that :) ), because it would be a total pain if somebody puts in the kind of effort we're talking about just to discover there's a major obstacle that can't be removed that easily.

PiBoSo

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 19, 2016, 06:56:58 PM
Quote from: Hawk on May 19, 2016, 04:12:40 PM

Hmm, I vaguely remember that. Would still be nice to have a confirmation from el Pib (I stop calling him the boss, otherwise some good ole boy will make jokes about that :) ), because it would be a total pain if somebody puts in the kind of effort we're talking about just to discover there's a major obstacle that can't be removed that easily.

No very long track has ever been tested.
But if the 40 miles oval doesn't have problems, then the only issue should be the number of centerline segments, that is very easy to fix.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Hawk

From my tests on that 40 mile oval, I believe the result was good, but the remaining question was:- Could the GPB engine also then cope with all the extra stress of the terrain and all the peripheral objects like buildings, side roads, road paint lines and marks, barriers, paths, kerbs, signs, trees, bushes, lamp posts, etc, etc, that would have to be included to make-up the whole scene for that 40 mile circuit? Would probably be okay with a view limit, but if you limit the view then I'm sure there are places on the IOM circuit(on the mountain section) were you should be able to see for miles and with a view limit that would look odd don't you think?  :-\

I could try and find that oval track and post it here for others to test too, or if I can't(I think it may have gone with other data I lost cause of that nasty ransom-virus I got a good few months ago) then I could quickly bolt together another one.  If you guys think it would be worth it for such a simple test?  :)

Hawk.

matty0l215

Why not, it will be the closest (well you know) thing we have at the moment at this scale.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Hawk on May 19, 2016, 08:29:01 PM
From my tests on that 40 mile oval, I believe the result was good, but the remaining question was:- Could the GPB engine also then cope with all the extra stress of the terrain and all the peripheral objects like buildings, side roads, road paint lines and marks, barriers, paths, kerbs, signs, trees, bushes, lamp posts, etc, etc, that would have to be included to make-up the whole scene for that 40 mile circuit?

Of course not.
In fact the plan for TTB is to create a completely new format and an editor to handle all trackside objects in a radically different way.
And of course this format will be exclusive to TTB  ;)
It really doesn't make much sense to create road circuits ( like the TT or Oliver's Mount ) for GPB now, since they are in progress for TTB, with a never-before-seen level of detail.

doubledragoncc

Quote from: PiBoSo on May 19, 2016, 10:08:57 PM
From my tests on that 40 mile oval, I believe the result was good, but the remaining question was:- Could the GPB engine also then cope with all the extra stress of the terrain and all the peripheral objects like buildings, side roads, road paint lines and marks, barriers, paths, kerbs, signs, trees, bushes, lamp posts, etc, etc, that would have to be included to make-up the whole scene for that 40 mile circuit?

Of course not.
In fact the plan for TTB is to create a completely new format and an editor to handle all trackside objects in a radically different way.
It really doesn't make much sense to create road circuits ( like the TT or Oliver's Mount ) for GPB now, since they are in progress for TTB, with a never-before-seen level of detail.

@That last comment is quite a statement and leads to one question, will you be sticking with openGL or moving onto DX for graphics if you want such detail and still have good fps?

You have already given us something never-seen-before just by making GPB so I look forward to your reply as I am sure are many.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

BOBR6 84

How far off is TTB? Any screenshots??  :P if TTB is years away theres nowt wrong with building them for GPB surely..?

PiBoSo

Quote from: doubledragoncc on May 19, 2016, 10:16:44 PM

Of course not.

@That last comment is quite a statement and leads to one question, will you be sticking with openGL or moving onto DX for graphics if you want such detail and still have good fps?

You have already given us something never-seen-before just by making GPB so I look forward to your reply as I am sure are many.

DD

TTB will be a perfect mix of physics and contents, with an attention to tracks and bikes detail that unfortunately GPB, for various reasons, never had, so far.
No plans to move to DX... TTB, like all the other sims, will be, at some point, ported to other platforms: OSX and Linux / SteamOS.

PiBoSo

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on May 19, 2016, 10:19:52 PM
How far off is TTB? Any screenshots??  :P if TTB is years away theres nowt wrong with building them for GPB surely..?

We cannot afford to spend years on TTB before the release ;)

matty0l215

Quote from: PiBoSo on May 19, 2016, 10:28:27 PM
Quote from: doubledragoncc on May 19, 2016, 10:16:44 PM

Of course not.

DD

TTB will be a perfect mix of physics and contents, with an attention to tracks and bikes detail that unfortunately GPB, for various reasons, never had, so far.
No plans to move to DX... TTB, like all the other sims, will be, at some point, ported to other platforms: OSX and Linux / SteamOS.
Is there going to be any official motorcycles? if so then what classes are they (600/1000/supertwin/electric etc.)