• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:01:16 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Isle Of Man

Started by Reactive, December 26, 2013, 11:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty0l215

Not really any point, you wouldn't take half of Donnington (just an example)

The Centerline limit needs to be increased otherwise it is pointless us working on the track.

We want the TT and much as anyone else (me especially, I love road racing over any other kind) but without the ability to make the whole track at once, none of us can really work on it.

Also, Splitting and then merging track isn't just as easy as popping them together, there is a load of other work involved.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

doubledragoncc

From today by the big man

* GPB / WRS / KRP / MXB: removed the number of centerline segments limit
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

matty0l215

Well bugger me....

Only been asking for 4 year ;) :P

doubledragoncc

I said it a bit stronger matty lol

cool beans huh

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

matty0l215

But seriously. Thankyou Piboso :)

Urban Chaos 2.0

Quote from: matty0l215 on January 30, 2017, 12:01:35 AM

So, how soon does work on the track resume?

matty0l215

Quote from: Urban Chaos 2.0 on February 01, 2017, 03:53:27 PM
Quote from: matty0l215 on January 30, 2017, 12:01:35 AM

So, how soon does work on the track resume?

When the new track tools are released.

LesNeilson

I'm currently working on custom buildings for my own (Assetto Corsa) Isle of Man track. I'd be happy to share them if they would be of any use for your own version. Models are in fbx format, textures in dds, but these can be changed. I've finally figured out a fairly easy way to build them now, so for now the biggest problem is finding good photos to start from.

At the moment I have some terrace houses in Douglas, the Railway Inn, the house at Ballacraine, the Raven pub at Ballaugh, Kates cottage, and some generic houses. Oh, and a red phone box

Urban Chaos 2.0

Quote from: LesNeilson on February 19, 2017, 05:52:57 PM
I'm currently working on custom buildings for my own (Assetto Corsa) Isle of Man track. I'd be happy to share them if they would be of any use for your own version. Models are in fbx format, textures in dds, but these can be changed. I've finally figured out a fairly easy way to build them now, so for now the biggest problem is finding good photos to start from.

At the moment I have some terrace houses in Douglas, the Railway Inn, the house at Ballacraine, the Raven pub at Ballaugh, Kates cottage, and some generic houses. Oh, and a red phone box

Very nice!

Hawk

Quote from: LesNeilson on February 19, 2017, 05:52:57 PM

That would be brilliant mate! Thank you, Les! ;D

We're still testing to see if a full size IOM track would be viable in GPB to be honest, and with the release of GPB beta 11 this last week with it's unlimited centreline segments should now allow us to know for sure whether it is viable or not.
But your very kind offer to share your models would be very greatly appreciated and help cut down on development time when we get to that stage for sure. Naturally we would give you credit for the use of your models.  ;)

If you'd like to send me a download link that would be great Les, thank you!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

LesNeilson

I'll have to zip them first when I get back to base. Not before tomorrow... I'll post the links here

Hawk

Quote from: LesNeilson on February 19, 2017, 06:39:46 PM
I'll have to zip them first when I get back to base. Not before tomorrow... I'll post the links here

Brilliant mate.... Thanks again, Les!  ;) 8)

Hawk.

LesNeilson

The link to the zip file is:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1vhbyeki2deuvuk/IOM_Buildings.zip

I'm also working on corner boards, but I'm drawing them myself because they seem to change every year. So they're not finished yet.

Hawk

LesNeilson

I should say that they're all still work in progress. I've only recently figured out a good method of generating these and I'm learning as I go. But these have all been produced in the space of a week or so, so the process is pretty productive so far