• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 22, 2019, 12:49:18 am

News:

GP Bikes beta16b available! :)

Monza

Started by PiBoSo, October 29, 2016, 09:30:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Today I saw the news about the free pCars version with Pagani cars.
I decided to give it a go, just to check out the graphics.
Did a few laps at Monza with the "sim" physics, at a ( slow ) pace of around 1:55, using the least powerful road car.
For sake of comparison, I then started WRS and did a few laps with the GT car at the Monza mod.
I was shocked to find out that I was lapping at a pace over 2:10  :o
Panic mode! What is wrong? Could pCars be uber-arcade? Let me check the real GT3 laptimes... No, they are under 1:50
Then there must be something terribly wrong in the WRS GT car!  :(
I fired up a YT video of a lap of a GT car with on-screen telemetry for a side-by-side comparison with a WRS replay.
Everything seems roughly correct: top speed, corner speed, braking points, ...
But then the clouds open up when I realize that the straights look awfully longer in WRS...
I open the track with TrackEd and in shock and horror I discover that the track is 7 ( seven! ) KM long!!!  >:(
Who did this? Why? Isn't it possible to have a proper Monza?  :'(

P.S.
For the record, the real track is 5.8 km long.
"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent".

BOBR6 84

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 29, 2016, 09:30:33 pm
Why? Isn't it possible to have a proper Monza?  :'(

Add one!!?  ;)

Blackheart

October 29, 2016, 10:47:13 pm #2 Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 10:51:00 pm by Blackheart
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on October 29, 2016, 09:41:54 pm
Quote from: PiBoSo on October 29, 2016, 09:30:33 pm
Why? Isn't it possible to have a proper Monza?  :'(

Add one!!?  ;)

Its a good idea, I love Monza, but also the asphalts textures are ugly for ride in 1p view, and Victoria for me its the best track in gpb for quality.

Any chance for a Piboso's version of this track?  :P

PiBoSo

It's probably better to not make an official version, for two reasons:
1) it's not a GP motorcycles track
2) It's still in the F1 calendar, and Bernie means troubles

BozoCRO

There was once a realistic version of Monza, but there was no way in hell to reach realistic top speeds, so someone made the straights longer  ;D

If I remember correctly Murasama could barely reach 300 km/h on the "realistic" version.

PiBoSo

Quote from: BozoCRO on October 30, 2016, 08:32:22 am
There was once a realistic version of Monza, but there was no way in hell to reach realistic top speeds, so someone made the straights longer  ;D

If I remember correctly Murasama could barely reach 300 km/h on the "realistic" version.

Blackheart

Quote from: BozoCRO on October 30, 2016, 08:32:22 am

Sounds strange... the real Monza straight is long 1194m...  :P

janaucarre

Hi, i will give some changes if i find original files,  sorry for the wrong length but i prefered the right width than the right length

GP500

You or modders (ideally more experienced for quality control) can approach both ISI and Live for Speed to obtain permission to convert tracks. rFactor (1) had a very poor Nürburgring, Barcelona, and Shanghai but a very adequate Montréal, Monza (Brianza), and Silverstone (Northamptonshire). Live for Speed's Scawen has allowed Blackwood to be converted. Right there you'd get four quality tracks with various layouts which, while possibly not able to be added as official content, can be made available as quality modded content for GP Bikes.

janaucarre

All the tracks i convert are with permission from modders, the problem is that every conversion needs a complete rebuild of the asphalt and, to not having many holes, the borders and the kerbs need to.

BOBR6 84

you did a good job on monza janau! good track, feels right with the curbs and everything...  ;) don't understand why laptimes are an issue with unfinished beta bike physics?

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on October 30, 2016, 09:43:56 pm
you did a good job on monza janau! good track, feels right with the curbs and everything...  ;) don't understand why laptimes are an issue with unfinished beta bike physics?

Us, PiBoSo said the track length is way off compared to the real track, so ...