• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Game Installation Guide for Newbies

Started by Ian, December 29, 2013, 12:11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

December 29, 2013, 12:11:33 AM Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 07:14:01 PM by Ian
This is a step by step guide for the full game not the demo its for newbies I hope it helps :)
Download the game from here http://www.gp-bikes.com/?page=downloads and save to your hard drive locate and start install

1-Tick the License box      

2-Select destination folder and click install

4-After install tick OpenAL box

5-Tick gpbikes and click finish                                                         

6-Start game/enter a nickname/ enter license key like this 0000-0000-0000-0000
Note Your online name in the stats page has to be 4 letters or longer, If you would like to match
Stats name with nickname make it 4 letters or longer other wise you have to add a letter or symbol  Ian_

7-Esc to stop video and you will be at the main  page now click on profiles

8-Click on modify/select unnamedprofile and delete/ enter nickname   
Pick a number from 1>99 click ok/ Click done now all your settings will be saved

9-Back to main page click on settings/then Graphics at the bottom
and adjust settings to suit your computer then click Done

10-Click on settings/input and click on calibration at the top/you can use 2+ controllers calibrate your first controller

Now click on arrow beside the name to bring up second controller calibrate then click ok

11-Assign your controls axis/leave pointer over settings for help hints/you will notice         
options that I have not used these are for wheels/Joysticks with FF

12-Click on the arrow to drop down advanced option for all axis and experiment
to see what works for your controller and you

13-Input 2 is for assigning buttons or keyboard controls here you can see my Xbox           
layout.If you use the on-board view you will need to assign heading/tearoff/dash

14-Input 3 assign controls for replay camera

15-You can Skip intro/select units/date format DD/MM/YYYY assign words to auto chat for keyboard when online
choose connection type Modem/ISDN/xDSL .It is recommended to select 2d flags         
Leave help on I believe you need it to show you your pit box after a race warm up lap                       

16-Simulation here you have cockpit view adjustment and riding aids
I recommend starting with all the aids on to get familiar with the game and remove them gradually.
Most riders keep "automatic rider f / b lean" and "automatic rider l / r lean"

To browse statistics and records collected during online events register here                                 
http://stats.gp-bikes.com/register.php your nickname needs to be 4 or more letters

You now have the basic setup to go online at Victoria with the default bikes enjoy         

Please PM me if there are any errors any question please ask them in the support section of the forum not here.
This setup is for a Xbox controller and pedals used for brakes in 3rd person view.
If you use a wheel/Joystick with force feedback, cockpit view or tank view there are other options to adjust.
You will have to find what works for you and your controller setup all part of the fun ;)

V 2.0 Corrections made after reading HornetMax guide & Alby46 conversion

JamoZ

I would like to see your guides stickey`d to the top of the forum Ian, this will surely help out new players. Maybe Max can put them on the top of the thread?

Arvoss

Quote from: JamoZ on January 04, 2014, 04:00:54 PM
I would like to see your guides stickey`d to the top of the forum Ian, this will surely help out new players. Maybe Max can put them on the top of the thread?
It will probally go in the unofficial gp bikes guide. Very nice guide Ian! No more unNamedProfiles on the track :p

Alby46

thank you ian, i took your screens to make an italian guide as our forum has 160 new users, all registered during last 4 days lol
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

Ian

That's great to here I am happy that its helping.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Arvoss on January 04, 2014, 04:23:37 PM
Quote from: JamoZ on January 04, 2014, 04:00:54 PM
It will probally go in the unofficial gp bikes guide. Very nice guide Ian! No more unNamedProfiles on the track :p
Yep, the unofficial guide will integrate Ian's stuff. Part of it is already in.

MaX.

Ian

January 04, 2014, 09:15:25 PM #6 Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 07:12:36 PM by Ian
Quote from: Alby46 on January 04, 2014, 05:27:38 PM
thank you ian, i took your screens to make an italian guide as our forum has 160 new users, all registered during last 4 days lol
I had planned to change the picture layout because it does not work on the iPad now I see it on the Italian guide its a lot better
;D ;D ;)  this is my first published work  ;D ;D

HornetMaX

Ian, you'll never get a picture layout that works well all the time (unless you use a proper document software).
That's one of the reasons in the unofficial guide I'm trying to use no images at all.

MaX.

Ian

Yes I was just working that out its very limited  ;D
Plus I am not very Proficient is it possible to center pictures to match text

iVolution

But as they say... a picture says a thousand words   :D. I think a good guide need pictures to easily show what someone has to do. Not everybody is really eager to spit through loads of text to find what they are looking for i guess. Although this guide might not be perfectly viewable on a tablet... when people have problems installing GPbikes/mods on their pc they won't be using a tablet i guess....

HornetMaX

Quote from: iVolution on January 19, 2014, 11:35:08 PM
But as they say... a picture says a thousand words   :D.
Can't disagree with that.

Quote from: iVolution on January 19, 2014, 11:35:08 PM
I think a good guide need pictures to easily show what someone has to do. Not everybody is really eager to spit through loads of text to find what they are looking for i guess.
Some pictures yes, many no. It could even be argued that users already have the pictures in front of them, on the screen.

Then if a user with a (clear) text guide can't find the right button on the screen in front of him, well ... :)

MaX.