• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:25:46 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Howdy!

Started by Joeski, January 30, 2017, 05:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

Unlike most bike sims you will need to started planning your turns (line) to keep the bike flowing and reduce the need for slow, hard bar inputs. At first foot paddle the bike out of tight spaces or away from the track edge, once you get the hang of it you will be able to drive it out.

Persevere with first person - its worth it in the long run and a  headtracking device can be a cheap addition (EDTracker or similar) and really adds to the immersion factor and give the most from helmet cam.

Joeski

I DID IT!!! I DID A LAP WITHOUT CRASHING!!!!  ;D  ;D

Excuse my excitement but it's taken a while lol...great advice again, I went all the way back to basics barely getting out of 3rd gear all the way round with a maximum lean angle of about 0.5% but something clicked. I got a handle around the leaning sensitivity and really focussed on a neutral throttle throughout the turns - massive improvement!

I didn't even realise there was a "paddle" option, but since using it to get off the grass the game has become around 1.2million% less frustrating haha.

I said i'd buy the licence if i managed a lap without crashing so time to cough up some pennies!

Thanks again for the help guys..see you on the other side  8)

Joeski
Life's not a dress rehearsal, you only get one lap; why not make it a good one?

Napalm Nick

HEHE well done Joeski!

It took me 8 months to be competent at the game (not good just competent) lol. I am sure you can beat this!  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Joeski

haha cheers Nick, challenge accepted!!  :o

I've bought the licence and been playing with the 1000 (figured more torque will make it a little easier) and i've found it much easier than the 125, just because I can pretty much keep it in 3rd for most the corners and focus on staying away from the green stuff lol.

I noticed there's a "laps" board with sector times etc on the garage menu, but after doing 10 or so laps and coming back in, there's no times on the board - is this correct? Do i need to add a mod to enable timing? I know at this stage timings are irrelivant and I should be focussing on piloting rather than times, but it was more out of interest than anything else.

Time to get adding some bike/track mods...I don't suppose Oulton Park has been created??

Absolutely love this sim already!

Cheers,
Joeski

Hawk

This plugin(created by HornetMax): http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=79.0 is a must in my opinion.... It gives you so much information you really need on a GPBikes HUD  and has many options for you to choose from.  ;)

Sounds like your really enjoying your learning curve mate.... I can assure you that the experience just keeps getting better and better as you progress.  ;D 8)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Strange there are no times on the board  ???

Now you aren't going to like me for saying this, but you are going round it the right way? Some people come out of the pits and go right at Victoria er...accidently.

Failing that maybe you have not made a clean lap yet?

Sorry no Oulton Park yet it seems but check out the different Croft tracks.

See you online sometime  :)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Joeski

Ummmmmm......

....well this is embarrassing....

::)  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

BOBR6 84

February 06, 2017, 10:13:50 PM #22 Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 11:11:02 PM by BOBR6 84
Quote from: Joeski on February 06, 2017, 10:08:14 PM
Ummmmmm......

....well this is embarrassing....

::)  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Spill the beans!! which track was it??  ;D ;D

oh im guessing victoria lol. you weren't the only one! lol (not me btw.. i frickin love phillip island)

h106frp

Well, you did even better getting round with all the track edges reversed   ;D

tchemi

Raise your hand if took Victoria the wrong way at least one time !

* tchemi raises his hand

matty0l215

Quote from: tchemi on February 07, 2017, 09:50:45 AM
Raise your hand if took Victoria the wrong way at least one time !

* tchemi raises his hand

Ofline i used to do it all the time. Mixing things up a bit :P

Just don't do it online. ;D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

tchemi

Haha, First time I went online, I was like, "WTF this dude is going wrong way !"

BOBR6 84

I did it with circuit Carole.... Spent a good hour learning the track wondering why my laptimes weren't showing haha but for the record.. I prefer the track the wrong way lol

Joeski

hahaha! Glad I'm not on my own then!!! Thought I was in for "noobie of the year" award after only owning it for one day  ;D

Oh man it all makes sense now....the lack of lap times....the green/red racing line arrows pointing in the wrong direction...not recognising the track one bit!! Haha!!

Shame, I was really getting the knack of where the track was going as well, ah well time to relearn it I guess  ;D

Joeski

PS, I installed the MaxHUD and it didn't dissappoint (well....apart from my laptimes not showing  ::) ??? ;D ). It's a great little plugin and I love the versatility/customisation of it.

Who runs which HUD options then??