• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:27:06 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Howdy!

Started by Joeski, January 30, 2017, 05:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joeski

Hey all, newbie reporting in  8)

Just wanted to introduce myself as I'm currently downloading the GP Bikes demo and can see myself losing a lot of life to this game! I've been away from PC gaming (and all gaming really) for about 12 years but stumbled across a review for this simulator whilst searching for "Ride" (sorry for swearing) videos on the tube. It looks amazing!

I'm really excited to get into it but just wanted to run a couple of noobie questions past you first - PC Spec. I have an HP SomethingBook with an i5-4210U (quad) 1.7GHz processor & 12GB RAM but just running the onboard Intel Graphics card. Will this be ok to run the game? Is it Windows 10 friendly? Tbh i've been looking for an excuse to revert back to 7 for a while now and this could be it...

Gaming pads - I have a couple of old Eggbox 360 pads kicking around and I'm pretty sure people use these with their PCs....mine are both wireless so any advice on this appreciated.

Thanks in advance, looking forward to spending some time on these forums!

Joeski,
Life's not a dress rehearsal, you only get one lap; why not make it a good one?

Napalm Nick

Warm welcome Joeski!

If you can run the demo all will be good. There were a couple of people with W10 issues but for others none so do a search here if you run into problems.

Most of us use an eggbox so you should be fine mate.

Look forward to seeing you online  :)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

Welcome to GPB Joeski

Runs in Win10 no problem but you might want to turn some of the graphics options down for the onboard GPU

If you have any questions and need help just ask.

I recomend getting a license asap as the demo has nothing on the full game.

Check out the review here: https://www.youtube.com/v/JITDHUGXfwc&t=226s

Hope to see you on the track soon (With a license lol)

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Welcome aboard Joeski!  ;) 8)

Hope you to see you online soon mate!  ;)

Hawk.

janaucarre

elcombes54

iVolution

Welcome.

Regarding the xbox 360 wireless controller.. if it came with your xbox 360 and wasn't sold seperately as an "xbox controller for PC" you need an additional receiver to connect it to your PC. I never bothered doing that and bought a wired one that connects to both the PC and the xbox 360.  As far as I know it is the most commonly used controller for GPbikes and suits the game very well. 

Urban Chaos 2.0

Quote from: Joeski on January 30, 2017, 05:59:00 PM
Hey all, newbie reporting in  8)

... stumbled across a review for this simulator whilst searching for "Ride" (sorry for swearing)

Haha, that's pretty funny yo. Welcome!

SwarleyRuiz

I use the google translator

Youtube: SwarleyRuiz Video of Games Racing.

Joeski

Thanks for the warm welcomes and advice!

The demo ran fine on my laptop with win10 and as expected i loved it! I spent half an hour using the keyboard and yeah....a pad is definitely required  ;D So i've ordered a reciever for the eggbox pad which i was hoping would arrive today, but didnt...the suspense is killing me!! Hopefully tomorrow i'll be crashing due to lack of talent rather just blaming (and shouting at) my keyboard  ;D

Cheers,
Joeski

doubledragoncc

Best of luck when you get your reciever.

Best advice I will give is, start using 1st person as soon as you can if not right away as it will be better in the end. DONT rush yourself. Take a slow lap or two to just get used to the controller and set it up before you really start riding. Controller setup will be everything for you so take the time to get it right.

Try autogears to allow you to get used to the steering first and then use manual once you are confident with the steering and braking. Dont use auto anything as soon as you can to get the most out of GPB and manual gears is faster than auto in the end.

Leave rider lean on auto to start to let your brain not fry itself.

Have fun is most important lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Joeski

Great advice, thanks!

Interesting that you say to get into fp view from the get-go as i've struggled with this view on ride (again..sorry lol) so I wasn't sure what would be best for gp-bikes...I'll start on this view and persevere!!

I rida bit on track so happy with the manual gears, but i'll take your advice with the rider lean...I didn't even know you could do this manually - awesome!

You say take my time to setup the controller...what do you mean by this exactly? Can you adjust turn in speeds, throttle response etc? Another thought on my mind is countersteering, does the sim stretch this far? I'm constantly being surprised by what this sim can do so please excuse my nooby questions...

The reciever landed today so i'll be having a play first thing in the morning as i've had toooo ma y whiskeys now  ;D

Cheers!

doubledragoncc

First page of controller setup s you adjust linearity for ALL axis you use(you need to open the scroll down top right that says LEAN)  to select each action you want to adjust

Make sure you calibrate your controller FIRST, then set it up.

There is full hardcore moce for GPB. You need to look around the forum as there is just far too much to leave links to lol.

In the BIKE elect menu you can also select between classic and modern rider style that effects how the rider moves his body.

Once online with others, just ask for help, you will get it and people will also share bike setups to help you learn this. Bike setup is VERY important and not like a game.

BTW I love RIDE2 and I swear far worse than that as most know by my posts and videos lol

Just take your time and have fun

OH and NEVER ride the wrong way on a track online (on my servers I will ban such riders) and PLEASE do not use default paints, it looks like poo and makes it better for all if we ride with different paints.

If you have a paint request I will willingly try to make it for you, but I am not that good at it lol.

DD

Joeski

cheers DD!

I got my receiver and pad setup this evening and had another blast on the demo..............

............as exptected very difficult but very addictive!!

I've calibrated the pad which seems to all be working well (at least for the basic stuff right now), but having some issues with the really slow speed stuff. It seems like there's no turning circle at all, then suddenly the bars flick to full lock and tumble me over....this seems to be worse in first person view rather than the following camera - can anything be done about this?

Also, when trundling along in 3rd/4th the bike seems to drop in extremely quickly with hardly any controller input, leaving me on the inside grass or on my ass from running out of tyre. Again, is there a way to progress this a little smoother or do I just learn my way around it?

There seems to be a vast difference between the helmet cam and following cam......probably just due to my lack of talent though!

Will be purchasing the licence tomorrow morning :)

Cheers,
Joeski

BOBR6 84

February 04, 2017, 09:53:58 PM #14 Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 10:20:48 PM by BOBR6 84
Wait till you buy the licence.. 125cc is poorly... You will enjoy the big bikes alot more!

Loads of modded bikes and tracks to try..

You have a lot to learn and pick up about GPB but i hope you really enjoy the journey!  :) ;) The steering at low speed is tricky on all bikes but it's because the virtual rider is involved and how the sim works.. you will get used to it no problem..  ;)

Welcome mate, have fun  8)